X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stephen Flynn
    • May 2013

Would you stay in this house???

Hi, we are looking for new rental and came across this property here in Bengkulu listed for 27 juta a year. Price seems incredibly cheap. I'd say noone wants it because of that cell tower. Either people have moved in and then moved out due to RF interference with speakerrs, tv , radio etc..or even interrupted wifi. They must keep bumping the price down. From a health point of view I think you'd be OK as signals are going straight out from the dishes and you would be in the shadow, but more concerned about having poor wifi. Gonna go back there and ask the neighbours. Can anyone confirm if this a cell tower, or general comms tower??? Anyone know of a map showing the various towers in Indonesia - if were Telkom (my current service provider) I think I might ask if they could test... It's a deal breaker for me.

It would be an awesome place at that price, but not if our health was affected and not if we couldn't get a solid internet connection. IMG_6584.JPGAny thoughts???
  • Stephen Flynn
    • May 2013

heres anotherIMG_6582.JPG

Comment

• Happyman
      • Feb 2011

Know nothing about where you are or cell towers... but I'm contemplating getting religion and building a place of worship just so I can put a loudspeaker on top of that badboy.

Seriously... if it were Bandung, I'd check for loudspeakers from the five nearest mosques.

Comment

• jstar
        • Jul 2011

Nice house.

But who knows? There are so many studies and articles contradicting each other on that electro-stress. So whether the danger of electrosmog is fact or fiction? I wouldn't know. They do say EHS is for real, depending on the person.

I also heard that or very close to, or very far from the cell tower, is the best. I would be more concerned about high voltage power lines.
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

• Stephen Flynn
          • May 2013

Originally posted by jstar View Post
          Nice house.

But who knows? There are so many studies and articles contradicting each other on that electro-stress. So whether the danger of electrosmog is fact or fiction? I wouldn't know. They do say EHS is for real, depending on the person.

I also heard that or very close to, or very far from the cell tower, is the best. I would be more concerned about high voltage power lines.
          Yeah it's an absolute gem. Looks to be pretty new, 2 storey with balcony 4 bedroom, 4 kamar mandi. On the negative theres...well ...a freaking HUGE tower hovering above..I guess if you just don't look that way it could be OK

Comment

• Stephen Flynn
            • May 2013

Originally posted by Happyman View Post
            Know nothing about where you are or cell towers... but I'm contemplating getting religion and building a place of worship just so I can put a loudspeaker on top of that badboy.

Seriously... if it were Bandung, I'd check for loudspeakers from the five nearest mosques.
            I got about 4 masjid close to where we currently stay..pretty used to it now. On a recent trip back home to Australia I found myself waking up out of a dead sleep at 4:30am because it was so quiet Funny how you get used to things.

Comment

• sergei
              • Jan 2011

You have a couple of cell antennas on that tower (long vertical ones), but mostly these are microwaves (circular ones). This tower looks like it's used for microwave relay to/from other cell towers. So over a dozen of microwave transmitters are pointing at this tower.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live under that.
              Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

• SmallWorld
                • Feb 2015

I have several golden rules when choosing the right property and one of them is: live no near (like under) high voltage (anything above 15 000 V) power lines as well as big massive antenna towers.

So no I would not stay in that house.

Comment

• Shinta
                  • Jul 2010

Neither do I, I don't understand much about if it could damage the life of people living in or not but my peace of mind has not price, beside it is ugly as well!! if there is any choice I wouldn't stay.
                  Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Comment

• johntap
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by krosnoholiday
                    One strategy is to set up your own PA system, and time it to play something very loud at the times the mosques play - I think AC/DC "Highway to Hell" would be a good choice. If they turn the mosque up, you turn yours up, until they get the message.
                    Do you see telecommunication equipment connected to some of the minarets in your area? I do wonder about this.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍