• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amine53221
    • Jan 2016

internet providers contracts

Dear all,

My name is amine im not an expat, rather an exchange student who is visiting indonesia,Malang for periode of 5 months.

My question is if its possible to take an internet provider for 5 months or are tou bound with contract for a year?

Im curious also with indi home as I have seen that they provide withing malang.

Also how long does it take usually to get internet after ordering it.

Greetings
  • SmallWorld
    • Feb 2015

It is possible.

Buy a 3G/4G dongle modem for USB, get a sim card from "three" or esia" or other ISP , pay per month by buying scratch cards for xxx amount of money needed for your top up.

I don't know indi home.

From ordering (activating sim card) it works straight away.

Comment

• amine53221
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by SMALLWORLD View Post
      It is possible.

Buy a 3G/4G dongle modem for USB, get a sim card from "three" or esia" or other ISP , pay per month by buying scratch cards for xxx amount of money needed for your top up.

I don't know indi home.

From ordering (activating sim card) it works straight away.
      Thank you for your reply I have some questions concerning the dongle does it also transmit wifi for other devices, and is it enough for like gaming. (Sorry league of legends fan)

Comment

• wisnu89
        • Jul 2012

Hi amine, welcome to the forum and Malang
        I am ex-Speedy(now IndiHome) user but now i am using MyRepublic. if you are going to take IndiHome, you are bound to (at least) 6 months contract (hmm i'm not sure yet, better ask the marketing directly).
        From ordering it can take a week even a month depend on your location and the.. technician..
        May i know which area do you live in Malang?
        [COLOR=#141823][FONT=Helvetica]僕は何のために生きているのか?
        i want better public transportation in ct ._.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• amine53221
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by wisnu89 View Post
          Hi amine, welcome to the forum and Malang
          I am ex-Speedy(now IndiHome) user but now i am using MyRepublic. if you are going to take IndiHome, you are bound to (at least) 6 months contract (hmm i'm not sure yet, better ask the marketing directly).
          From ordering it can take a week even a month depend on your location and the.. technician..
          May i know which area do you live in Malang?
          Thank you for your reply Wisnu,
          Jalan Soekarno Hatta,Jawa Timur,Indonesiƫ

this is the street I am still in Holland wil live there from 27th of january.

Is MyRepublic also available if so which would you recommend more?

Greetings

Btw I checkd the site of myrepublic they state

Masa minimum berlangganan adalah 12 bulan, jika berhenti berlangganan sebelum periode tersebut Anda akan dikenakan biaya penalti sebesar Rp.500.000,-

Does this mean i can take 5 months and just have to pay fine of 500 000 or do I still pay 12 months and pay the 500 000.
          Last edited by amine53221; 21-01-16, 02:38.

Comment

• El_Goretto
            Banned
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by amine53221 View Post
            Thank you for your reply Wisnu,
            Jalan Soekarno Hatta,Jawa Timur,Indonesiƫ

this is the street I am still in Holland wil live there from 27th of january.

Greetings

Btw I checkd the site of myrepublic they state

Masa minimum berlangganan adalah 12 bulan, jika berhenti berlangganan sebelum periode tersebut Anda akan dikenakan biaya penalti sebesar Rp.500.000,-

Does this mean i can take 5 months and just have to pay fine of 500 000 or do I still pay 12 months and pay the 500 000.
            Means you pay the 500rb penalty if you cancel your contract before 12 months. However, I don't think myRepublic is available in Malang.

For the dongles, you'll have to test a few and see which have the best reception where you live. Usually you can connect more than one device via Wi-Fi. You can try other providers such as smartfren, XL, telkomsel, mentari.

I've played online games with my 3G connection when my main one has had problems. It wasn't ideal but it worked.

Comment

• amine53221
              • Jan 2016

1. Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                Means you pay the 500rb penalty if you cancel your contract before 12 months. However, I don't think myRepublic is available in Malang.
              Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post

For the dongles, you'll have to test a few and see which have the best reception where you live. Usually you can connect more than one device via Wi-Fi. You can try other providers such as smartfren, XL, telkomsel, mentari.

I've played online games with my 3G connection when my main one has had problems. It wasn't ideal but it worked.
              I would rather stick with fibre or adsl connection. Checking the website I actually do find my adress when I pretend to order at myrepublic

Comment

• El_Goretto
                Banned
                • Sep 2010

[LIST=1][*]

I would rather stick with fibre or adsl connection. Checking the website I actually do find my adress when I pretend to order at myrepublic
                Hang on, are you sure? I tried and I can't find Malang listed. But by all means, if you can get it, just do it. I use MyRepublic in Tangerang Selatan, Banten and only pay 300,000rp per month for 100Mbps fiber optic completely unlimited and it's working great.

Comment

• jason206
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                  Hang on, are you sure? I tried and I can't find Malang listed. But by all means, if you can get it, just do it. I use MyRepublic in Tangerang Selatan, Banten and only pay 300,000rp per month for 100Mbps fiber optic completely unlimited and it's working great.
                  This sounded appealing so I decided to check for myself since I can't get an Indihome connection in my area. Not only do they not serve my area, they don't serve Bandung at all...! That seems crazy to me.. But they do serve Malang. To the OP, get on that and enjoy your fast unlimited connection. Many of us are jealous of such luxuries

Comment

• El_Goretto
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jason206 View Post
                    This sounded appealing so I decided to check for myself since I can't get an Indihome connection in my area. Not only do they not serve my area, they don't serve Bandung at all...! That seems crazy to me.. But they do serve Malang. To the OP, get on that and enjoy your fast unlimited connection. Many of us are jealous of such luxuries
                    They're a relatively small provider that used to be called Cepatnet then Innovate and recently changed to MyRepublic. I think they got acquired by MyRepublic which is already present in Singapore and New Zealand. They only used to be present in Serpong (BSD) and Cibubur but are now expanding all over the place. Maybe Bandung is next at some point?

Comment

• SmallWorld
                      • Feb 2015

Thank you for your reply I have some questions concerning the dongle does it also transmit wifi for other devices, and is it enough for like gaming. (Sorry league of legends fan)
                      Sorry but I don't play games so I can't comment on this subject. I used it for browsing and skype mostly and it worked.
                      The dongles that I have used are only for receiving/sending 3G/4G signal so the answer is no they don't have wifi (at least those dongles that I have). Maybe you can try tethering from your mobile phone then you will have wifi.

As for the ADSL or fibre, it depends on things like: Does the house/apartment that you are planning to stay have landline, cable tv? If yes what is (if there is any) line activation costs.

Comment

• wisnu89
                        • Jul 2012

Yes MyRepublic is available in your area. I prefer MyRepublic than IndiHome since i don't need telephone and cable TV. imo MyRepublic also have better upload speed than IndiHome. If you already make your choice i know someone from MyRepublic marketing, i have his number. ah yes, actually MyRepublic office is in Jalan Soekarno-Hatta too.
                        Last edited by wisnu89; 21-01-16, 19:16.

Comment

• amine53221
                          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by wisnu89 View Post
                          Yes MyRepublic is available in your area. I prefer MyRepublic than IndiHome since i don't need telephone and cable TV. imo MyRepublic also have better upload speed than IndiHome. If you already make your choice i know someone from MyRepublic marketing, i have his number. ah yes, actually MyRepublic office is in Jalan Soekarno-Hatta too.

Thank you for your reply , I contacted the appartment sadly I can only choose between 2 providers as they have contracts with them.

Telekom and biznet, im looking for 1 which is reliable in downloadspeed 10mb+ which of the 2 would u reccomand

Comment

• wisnu89
                            • Jul 2012

Thank you for your reply , I contacted the appartment sadly I can only choose between 2 providers as they have contracts with them.
                            Telekom and biznet, im looking for 1 which is reliable in downloadspeed 10mb+ which of the 2 would u reccomand
                            too bad you can only choose between 2 providers and really sorry i can't give you recommendation. I don't know which one is better. IndiHome get a lot of complaints from customers in malang since a few months (speed down or disconnect). any biznet or IndiHome user here?

Comment

• amine53221
                              • Jan 2016

I am in Malang using Biznet very happy with it

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢