X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Possum67
    • Jan 2012

Relocating a cat to the US. Help!

Ok I am living in Surabaya, planning on going to Ghana for a few months then moving back to the US. I have a cat here that I want to take with me. She cannot go with me to Ghana, so I want to send her to the states where my parents will pick her up for me until I get there. I have no idea how to do this though.

I know the cdc says that you dont need any paperwork for the animals anymore and there isnt any quarantine anymore, but what about within asia? for example, i usually go home via Singapore and Tokyo to Atlanta. is there an easier route for pets to go through?

also, would you recommend a pet relocation service? what all do they actually do?

please any advice or suggestions are appreciated. I need to do this soon, and I have no idea what even the first step would be
  • Puspawarna
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

As always - Groovy or Jakpetz. Search the forum on those terms and you should find all the information you need.

You may also want to check out this offer:

Regarding the last - personally I would be very cautious in using the services of an untried individual, but I think this is probably a person who has received praise from a number of people while s/he was working for Jakpetz (I'm not positive; that's just a guess). You could try talking to them and seeing how you feel about it. My guess is that a new agent would be less expensive, and if they really know the system already, they might be a good choice.

Comment

• Possum67
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
      As always - Groovy or Jakpetz. Search the forum on those terms and you should find all the information you need.

You may also want to check out this offer:

Regarding the last - personally I would be very cautious in using the services of an untried individual, but I think this is probably a person who has received praise from a number of people while s/he was working for Jakpetz (I'm not positive; that's just a guess). You could try talking to them and seeing how you feel about it. My guess is that a new agent would be less expensive, and if they really know the system already, they might be a good choice.

Thanks. I had not heard of Groovy, so Im in contact with them now. But I still would like some advice about which airlines are best within Indonesia to fly pets. I will need to fly with my cat to Jakarta to connect with Groovy as they do not operate in Surabaya. So which airlines would you all suggest going through on that flight, as well as the flights out of Indonesia?

Comment

• Puspawarna
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Sorry, I've never flown within Indonesia with a pet - it's always been a Singapore-Jakarta route, and probably always on SQ. I have no basis on which to recommend a particular airline. You might be able to get a feel for how conscientious they are going to be by making a few phone calls/checking websites to see if they have a pet policy and prices at the ready.

Comment

• mtml888
          • Feb 2012

Have you relocated?

Is it too late to answer your question right now? Seems that it was only yesterday that we had relocated to Jakarta with 7 cats, now we're leaving for Korea with 8 cats!

Comment

• Possum67
            • Jan 2012

No i havent yet. Im actually floundering now because I was set up to go with Boonma, but they have just added a bunch of vaccinations and things at the last second, so I might have to change companies. Any advice would be helpful. I was hoping to have the cat in the states before Christmas and I would be there at the end of January. My parents will be taking care of her until I get there.

Comment

• nene_chan
              • Aug 2010

possum67, have you relocated? can you please suggest me a pet relocation service in surabaya?

my friend is planning to move to Netherlands this summer, she wants to bring along her three cats with her. but we're clueless about regulations and so on. if there's a pet relocation service in surabaya who can help us, that would be brilliant.
              [COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Love doesn't hurt, loving the wrong person does.[/FONT][/COLOR]..

Comment

Working...
              X