No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KITAP and KTP

    I'm about to apply for my third KITAP and was just reading about getting an E-KTP when I saw the following law

    Pasal 63 ayat (4) Undang-Undang Nomor 24 Tahun 2013
    which I translate as something like "foreigners must inform Dinas Kependudukan of their plan to extend (their KTP) or change their KTP at the latest 30 days BEFORE their KITAP expires."

    Orang Asing sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) wajib melaporkan perpanjangan masa berlaku atau mengganti KTP-el kepada Instansi Pelaksana paling lambat 30 (tiga puluh) hari sebelum tanggal masa berlaku Izin Tinggal Tetap berakhir.

    On the two previous occasions I've done this process I waited until my KITAP was finished and then went along to Dinas Kependudukan to get a KTP

    I can't think why the law would say you have to report to Dinas Kependudukan at least 30 days before KITAP expires? If you fail with your KITAP application, you won't even need a KTP!

    Has anyone on here reported to Dinas Kependudukan before renewing their KITAP??
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Eight Ace View Post
    (1) I'm about to apply for my third KITAP...

    (2) Has anyone on here reported to Dinas Kependudukan before renewing their KITAP??

    (1) Third KITAP ? Didn't you get the time unlimited KITAP when you extended the first KITAP ?

    (2) No .
    I agree that this item of the Law is not clear but I believe that the Law means that you have to get a KTP up to 30 days before the present KITAP expires .
    Anyway , don't worry . In more than 15 years in this Forum , I NEVER heard of any problem about SKTT (for KITAS holder) or KTP WNA .

    In practice , banks , money changer , .. ask us for a copy of the passport instead of a KTP WNA or SKTT . But recently Immigration started to ask for this type of document (this year they asked me my SKTT instead of the Surat Domisili) .


    UU no.24 Year 2013 (translated by Google)
    Article 63
    (4) Foreigners as intended in paragraph (1) have to report an extension of the validity period or replace their e-KTP to the Kantor Catatan Sipil no later than 30 (thirty) days before the date the KITAP expires .