X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blitarbule
    • Dec 2009

Changing KITAS sponsor without leaving the country

[FONT=Calibri]I would like to change the sponsor of my KITAS before it expires and if possible avoid a trip out of the country. I want to change from a CV sponsor to a wife sponsored KITAS.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]I have asked my local KanIm and they told me that it takes 6 months (even knowing the average working speed of pegawai imigrasi, I find it hard to believe that it takes them 6 months to process) and that my wife would need 100jt on the bank statement. So my wife rang Jakarta and they said it was possible and I do not need to leave the country to change. They said I just need a letter from my employer. They of course did not go in to details and suggested that I visit them for more information.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]I have about 2 months left available to change it if possible.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]I was wondering if anybody knew the process to do this and could explain the process for me. My wife has telephoned just about every KanIm in Indonesia but they all want us to go in and see them……I wonder why….ha ha ha. You can hardly ask for the time in a KanIm without a ‘fee’. As most of the advice in this forum suggests that you know exactly the process before you go into a KanIm so that you do not pay too much, I was hoping somebody could enlighten me.[/FONT]
  • Mas Fred
    Certified Troll
    • Apr 2009

I can't comment on the conversion but I can tell you it's possible to get a KITAS a lot quicker than 6 months.
    A month is a lot closer.
    I believe you have to show there is enough money in the bank to live on for the period of the KITAS but this is not a fixed sum.
    I understand, but may be wrong, that an employer has to release you from a KITAS while still in contract to them.

Comment

• blitarbule
      • Dec 2009

Thanks for your reply mas fred. I appeciate all answers/suggestions to my problem. It looks like it is a hard question to answer to get just one reply...Maybe atlantis can help?

I can get a release form from my employer but do not know what the letter is suppose to say..like does it have a format that has to be used. A sample would be great for me to pass on to my employer.

Then I do not know the procedure if I have the letter. Once I can get started I hope I can follow the KITAS instructions that have already been posted. It is just the changing sponsor part that I need info on. I do not want to spend the money to leave the country to get a new KITAS as I have no need to go anywhere at the moment.

I did see another post that said you need 2.5m per month to sponsor the KITAS. I am not sure if this is correct.

Comment

• irawan
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by blitarbule View Post
        Thanks for your reply mas fred. I appeciate all answers/suggestions to my problem. It looks like it is a hard question to answer to get just one reply...Maybe atlantis can help?

I can get a release form from my employer but do not know what the letter is suppose to say..like does it have a format that has to be used. A sample would be great for me to pass on to my employer.

Then I do not know the procedure if I have the letter. Once I can get started I hope I can follow the KITAS instructions that have already been posted. It is just the changing sponsor part that I need info on. I do not want to spend the money to leave the country to get a new KITAS as I have no need to go anywhere at the moment.

I did see another post that said you need 2.5m per month to sponsor the KITAS. I am not sure if this is correct.

To be honest I have never found a case like this, usually the sponsor is able to transfer between companies within a group or a single owner, in your case, I know what to EPO, but I got information from a friend's head immigration office allowed the case and provided the reasons documents are complete. so you must apply over sponsorship to the local immigration office within 3 sets of documents. The document will be forwarded to Jakarta for approval. if the Director General of immigration agree with your application, then you can get a sponsor KITAS wife, but if you have rejected the EPO, and a telex visa petitions.
        Telex filed at the time that you have to show savings account book balance good wife for the last three months, more good amount of money you showed during the last three months the greater your chances of getting a visa / sponsorship KITAS wife.
        I hope you are lucky

Comment

• atlantis
          Banned
          • Jul 2008

The procedure is in fact quite similar to the one I have described in the thread about converting a sosbud in a KITAS. It involves pretty much the same step. It ain't difficult... at least in theory. However the KanIm and those involves may well be very reluctant to process it, just because it is much easier for them to ask an applicant to do an EPO, then to re-enter with a new VITAS. To be honest, I would love to be in such situation, just for the fun I would surely have to piss off a couple of pejabat on the way.
          I've just landed on the promise land a few hours ago and should soon have more time to allow to the forum. If you can wait a lil' longer Blitarbule, I will try to provide you with a comprehensive explanation in the next few days. Family time first...

Comment

• whitelantern
            • Jan 2010

would be very useful information to know.. would appreciate if you could share the explanation with us also, atlantis..

cheers

Comment

• blitarbule
              • Dec 2009

Hi atlantis. Welcome back!! I really want to process this myself so I will wait until you get some free time. I really appreciate the help.
              Thanks

Comment

• newgabe
                • May 2009

Ya, Welcome home indeed.
                dogs were undoubtedly provided by the gods to keep Bali from perfection. Miguel Covarrubias, 1937.

Comment

• atlantis
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2008

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Basically as mentioned the steps are the same as converting a SosBud in an ITAS:[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]1.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Application in the KanIm.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Most likely, the document that they are gonna request are:[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]A letter of your present sponsor stating that he has no intension to apply for a renewal at the expiration of your KITAS,[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]A letter of your future sponsor (wife) requesting the change of sponsor and the issuance of a new KITAS, sponsored by your Indonesian wife[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Copies and original of your present KITAS and passport[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Copies and original of your sponsor’s KTP[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Copies and original of your Akta perkawinan or Buku Nikah[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Upon review of the above documents the KanIm will issue a set of letters for you to bring to the KanWil[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]2.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Application in the KanWil[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The letters given by the KanIm (step 1) are in fact 2 letters (identical) + 2 copies of all documents submitted. The letter states that considering the law and considering the document submitted, the KanIm finds no legal reason not to issue a new KITAS and ask the autorisation to the KanWil to do so.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The KanWil, after reviewing all document + the KanIm’s letter will issue a set of document for you to bring to the DitJenIm in Jakarta.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]3.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Application in the DitJenIm (sub direktorat alih status keimigrasian)[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The set of document given by the KanWil (step 2) includes one of the 2 letters of the KanIm + 1 copy of all documents you have first submitted to the KanIM+ a letter of the KanWil stating that considering the law, considering the document submitted and considering that the KanIm found no opposition to the issuance of a new KITAS… well… the KanWil has the same position.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Since everybody is happy and agree, the Direktur of the sub direktorat alih status keimigrasian, on behalf of the Direktur Izin Tinggal dan Status keimigrasian signs a Surat Keputusan saying that considering the law, considering the document submitted, considering that the KanIm found no opposition to the issuance of a new KITAS, considering that the KanWil is happy with that… well… the DitJenIm and its Direktur are also happy with that and give autorisation to the KanWil to start the procedure of alih sponsor. DitJenIm give then a set of 3 letters (identical) to be brought to the KanWil.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]4.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Back to KanWil[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]KanWil will remove one of the letter for their files and will replace it by a letter autorising the KanIm to finish the procedure of alih sponsor.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]5.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Back to KanIm[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]KanIm will issue the new KITAS and modify the Blue Buku POA, stamping the alih sponsor page with the name of the new sponsor.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

• atlantis
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2008

Concerning step 5, Blitar being a Kantor Imigrasi klas II, you may have to deal with only two sub section for the issuance of the KITAS (subseksi status keimigrasian) and the modification on your Buku POA (subseksi pengawasan keimigrasian). However, I am afraid that the KanWil you will deal with is the KanWil Surabaya, meaning a few trips there. Alternatively you can send the docs via Tiki and just go there to pick it up. Don't count on them doing the stuff on the spot. Allow a full day or better a couple of days in between reception of one letter and reviewing/redaction of the new letter.
                    Last edited by atlantis; 24-01-10, 08:50.

Comment

• atlantis
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2008

[FONT=Calibri] I want to change from a CV sponsor to a wife sponsored KITAS
                      (...) my wife would need 100jt on the bank statement.
                      Legally speaking nothing authorise them to request that your wife has X juta in her bank account. The law says that your sponsor must be responsable for you, and that you guys have sufficient found to live for the whole length of the immigration status requested. You need to be able to prove, if requested, that you have money to live in Indonesia and to fly back home should you need to. I would say that being able to prove that you receive monthly overseas fund such as a pension...etc would make it. If you don't have such proof, then it is wise to be able to produce a bank statment with a substantial amount shown on it. No figures given by any law, regulation or decree but anything above 30 millions would be enough to avoid any hassles.

However, I would like to point at the following possible pitfall for some people in a similar case: if one's present sponsor is a CV belonging to one's wife, Imigrasi may not be keen on allowing the switch of sponsor as easily because of the DPKK issue. I would strongly advise in such situation to have a serious proof of overseas income to show to explain that one doesn't need to have a work anymore. Otherwise Imigrasi would strongly suspect that some illegal working may be on the agenda or that the previous KITAS was issued for no real work. Who will replace the foreigner in his existing work maybe a question asked? Imigrasi, Depnaker and Kantor pajak may well investigate the case.
                      Last edited by atlantis; 24-01-10, 11:08.

Comment

• atlantis
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2008

Last but not least: total cost for the whole procedure:
                        Fees to be paid in KanIm:
                        . IDR 700.000 to be paid upon completion of step 5 (subseksi status keimigrasian)
                        . IDR 15.000 to be paid upon completion of step 5 (subseksi pengawasan keimigrasian)
                        No fees to be paid to KanWil (step 2 & 4)
                        No fees to be paid to DitJenIm (step 3)

Comment

• blitarbule
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Basically as mentioned the steps are the same as converting a SosBud in an ITAS:[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]1.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Application in the KanIm.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Most likely, the document that they are gonna request are:[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]A letter of your present sponsor stating that he has no intension to apply for a renewal at the expiration of your KITAS,[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]A letter of your future sponsor (wife) requesting the change of sponsor and the issuance of a new KITAS, sponsored by your Indonesian wife[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Copies and original of your present KITAS and passport[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Copies and original of your sponsor’s KTP[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Copies and original of your Akta perkawinan or Buku Nikah[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Upon review of the above documents the KanIm will issue a set of letters for you to bring to the KanWil[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]2.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Application in the KanWil[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The letters given by the KanIm (step 1) are in fact 2 letters (identical) + 2 copies of all documents submitted. The letter states that considering the law and considering the document submitted, the KanIm finds no legal reason not to issue a new KITAS and ask the autorisation to the KanWil to do so.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The KanWil, after reviewing all document + the KanIm’s letter will issue a set of document for you to bring to the DitJenIm in Jakarta.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]3.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Application in the DitJenIm (sub direktorat alih status keimigrasian)[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The set of document given by the KanWil (step 2) includes one of the 2 letters of the KanIm + 1 copy of all documents you have first submitted to the KanIM+ a letter of the KanWil stating that considering the law, considering the document submitted and considering that the KanIm found no opposition to the issuance of a new KITAS… well… the KanWil has the same position.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Since everybody is happy and agree, the Direktur of the sub direktorat alih status keimigrasian, on behalf of the Direktur Izin Tinggal dan Status keimigrasian signs a Surat Keputusan saying that considering the law, considering the document submitted, considering that the KanIm found no opposition to the issuance of a new KITAS, considering that the KanWil is happy with that… well… the DitJenIm and its Direktur are also happy with that and give autorisation to the KanWil to start the procedure of alih sponsor. DitJenIm give then a set of 3 letters (identical) to be brought to the KanWil.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]4.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Back to KanWil[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]KanWil will remove one of the letter for their files and will replace it by a letter autorising the KanIm to finish the procedure of alih sponsor.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]5.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Back to KanIm[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]KanIm will issue the new KITAS and modify the Blue Buku POA, stamping the alih sponsor page with the name of the new sponsor.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hi atlantis. Thank you so much for these instructions!!! I have a few other questions that may be obvious to most but I am still a little unsure.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Do you have sample letter for the employer and for the new sponsor? Format, wording etc.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Does my wife as sponsor still fill in the KITAS application pack and if so at which point is this handed in? Is it just the PERDIM no 27?[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]If my local kanim repeats the “it takes 6 months…bla bla bla” what should be my wife’s polite response to this statement? How long should the initial kanim process take so that we can pick up the papers and proceed to kanwil? [/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]If we send the papers by Tiki to Surabaya will they notify us when they are ready to pick up or is there a reference number so we can keep ringing until they are ready?[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]When the papers are ready in Surabaya (if required) can I send somebody on our behalf with the permission letter (I have forgotten the official name) to collect them? [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]What and when do I hand back my SKLD. This and the KITAS was issued in Bali and I will move during the new KITAS process. Does my SKLD have to be handed back in Bali?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

• atlantis
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2008

Do you have sample letter for the employer and for the new sponsor? Format, wording etc.
                            No I don't have a sample for any of the two letters to be written. Just write it as if it would be a letter you send to an administration back home. I imagine the letter of terminaison to be pretty simple, listing all your KITAS's data and saying that the relation of work between the CV and you will terminate with the KITAS's validity. The letter of conversion must list both your wife complete details along with yours and request a change of sponsor (alih sponsor). This letter should remind your marriage data (date and place).
                            Does my wife as sponsor still fill in the KITAS application pack and if so at which point is this handed in? Is it just the PERDIM no 27?
                            You will for sure have to fill some form that you will have to "buy" for a couple of thousand rupiah I guess. I have gone through a procedure of status conversion myself (sosbud to ITAS) and don't remenber if it is the PERDIM 27 or not that you have to fill. Anyway, don't be worry for that, they usually don't do mistake. They should hand you the correct document to fill. Anyway it is handed in at step 1.
                            If my local kanim repeats the “it takes 6 months…bla bla bla” what should be my wife’s polite response to this statement? How long should the initial kanim process take so that we can pick up the papers and proceed to kanwil?
                            It is gonna take time, but 6 months is far from reality. 2 months should be the maximum, and I would say 30 days an average.
                            The time frame for step 1 shouldn't be more than 3 working days from the time all the documents are "in" to the time the letter needed for step 2 are "out".
                            The time frame for step 2 shouldn't be more than 2 working days from the time they receive the documents to the time they issue the letter to be remitted to DitJenIm.
                            The time frame for step 3 is the longest one. Count on up to 10 working days. Monitor everyday on the phone to know if the SK his ready, starting 5 days after they have received it. DitJenIm is hard to join and the subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian is even worth. When you get someone to answer the phone, ask his/her name and keep this person as a contact.
                            The time frame for step 4 shouldn't be more than 2 working days from the time they receive the SK from DitJenIm to the time they issue the letter to the KanIm
                            The time frame for step 5 shouldn't be more than 5 working days from the time they receive the autorisation from KanWil to the time you go through the whole KITAS process (you will have to get your pics & fingerprint taken and to give extra pics...etc)
                            The above timeframe seems realistic to me. Add the time and days lost for sending letters here and there and you are close to the total time needed. Don't hesitate to be pushy, while remaining polite at all time of course.
                            If we send the papers by Tiki to Surabaya will they notify us when they are ready to pick up or is there a reference number so we can keep ringing until they are ready? When the papers are ready in Surabaya (if required) can I send somebody on our behalf with the permission letter (I have forgotten the official name) to collect them?
                            Tiki won't notify you the delivery. The letters issued at step 1 has a reference number. This reference number is normally written also on the envelop, along with the address of the KanWil. Use this reference number in your communication with the KanWIL. As a matter of rule I also always scan any documents I have submitted and all the letters they give me to bring to the various offices. So that I have a complete file with all the reference of all the documents. It is also wise to check that no errors are included in the letter concerning your datas. If the envelop are stappled... well... just remove the stapples and buy yourself the same...
                            [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]What and when do I hand back my SKLD. This and the KITAS was issued in Bali and I will move during the new KITAS process. Does my SKLD have to be handed back in Bali?[/SIZE][/FONT]
                            SKLD should be handed back in Bali since your address is in Bali. You can not give it back in Blitar. They would give you trouble for not having reported your departure from Bali...etc. Just give it back in Bali, and wave them good bye.

Comment

• blitarbule
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                              No I don't have a sample for any of the two letters to be written. Just write it as if it would be a letter you send to an administration back home. I imagine the letter of terminaison to be pretty simple, listing all your KITAS's data and saying that the relation of work between the CV and you will terminate with the KITAS's validity. The letter of conversion must list both your wife complete details along with yours and request a change of sponsor (alih sponsor). This letter should remind your marriage data (date and place).

You will for sure have to fill some form that you will have to "buy" for a couple of thousand rupiah I guess. I have gone through a procedure of status conversion myself (sosbud to ITAS) and don't remenber if it is the PERDIM 27 or not that you have to fill. Anyway, don't be worry for that, they usually don't do mistake. They should hand you the correct document to fill. Anyway it is handed in at step 1.

It is gonna take time, but 6 months is far from reality. 2 months should be the maximum, and I would say 30 days an average.
                              The time frame for step 1 shouldn't be more than 3 working days from the time all the documents are "in" to the time the letter needed for step 2 are "out".
                              The time frame for step 2 shouldn't be more than 2 working days from the time they receive the documents to the time they issue the letter to be remitted to DitJenIm.
                              The time frame for step 3 is the longest one. Count on up to 10 working days. Monitor everyday on the phone to know if the SK his ready, starting 5 days after they have received it. DitJenIm is hard to join and the subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian is even worth. When you get someone to answer the phone, ask his/her name and keep this person as a contact.
                              The time frame for step 4 shouldn't be more than 2 working days from the time they receive the SK from DitJenIm to the time they issue the letter to the KanIm
                              The time frame for step 5 shouldn't be more than 5 working days from the time they receive the autorisation from KanWil to the time you go through the whole KITAS process (you will have to get your pics & fingerprint taken and to give extra pics...etc)
                              The above timeframe seems realistic to me. Add the time and days lost for sending letters here and there and you are close to the total time needed. Don't hesitate to be pushy, while remaining polite at all time of course.

Tiki won't notify you the delivery. The letters issued at step 1 has a reference number. This reference number is normally written also on the envelop, along with the address of the KanWil. Use this reference number in your communication with the KanWIL. As a matter of rule I also always scan any documents I have submitted and all the letters they give me to bring to the various offices. So that I have a complete file with all the reference of all the documents. It is also wise to check that no errors are included in the letter concerning your datas. If the envelop are stappled... well... just remove the stapples and buy yourself the same...

SKLD should be handed back in Bali since your address is in Bali. You can not give it back in Blitar. They would give you trouble for not having reported your departure from Bali...etc. Just give it back in Bali, and wave them good bye.

Thanks for your time and patience atlantis...just a couple more questions..

If I send the papers to the kanwil Surabaya is it possible to have a relative etc pick up the papers from kanwil Surabaya when they are complete. I have read somewhere in the forum that there is a form that you can fill to give permission for the person to pick up for you. This form is stamped by a notaris or something I do not know the name of the form or if I can use that method for the pickup of the documents from Surabaya.

At what point in the process should I hand in my SKLD? Before step 1? Which kantor polisi does this go to? POLSEK, POLRES or POLDA? Do I just give it to them or do I have to complete a form stating where I am moving to?

Comment

Working...
                              X