• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gffgold
    RIP
    • Mar 2009

Diy erp/merp/izin masuk kembali?

Usually if I want an ERP or MERP I get the nice lady in admin at work to arrange it with Imigrasi - I give her my passport, blue book and Kitas and sometime later she gives it all back and tells me the cost.

The nice lady is away sick for some time leaving a nice-but-very-dim assistant who flapped and floundered when I mentioned Imigrasi.

Can I take my documents to Imigrasi and apply for an ERP myself, or does it absolutely have to be done by my employer?
  • Gratilla
    suspended member
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by gffgold View Post
    Usually if I want an ERP or MERP I get the nice lady in admin at work to arrange it with Imigrasi - I give her my passport, blue book and Kitas and sometime later she gives it all back and tells me the cost.

The nice lady is away sick for some time leaving a nice-but-very-dim assistant who flapped and floundered when I mentioned Imigrasi.

Can I take my documents to Imigrasi and apply for an ERP myself, or does it absolutely have to be done by my employer?
    If you're referring to single and muliple re-entry permits, then yes you can do them yourself.

I did my last ... I mean my wife did my last multiple re-entry permit ... so it can't be that difficult.

BTW, that last part was a poor attempt to be humorous and was absolutely unwarranted. She's an absolute gem.

BTW2, she is also my sponsor - which might be relevant.
    Last edited by Gratilla; 31-10-09, 22:41.

Comment

• atlantis
      Banned
      • Jul 2008

1. Get your sponsor to write a letter, addressed to the KaKanIm, autorising you to apply for a MERP. Pretty much same contnt than a basic Surat sponsor, but mentionning MERP rather than KITAS.
      2. Go to KanIm, "ask" (ie: buy) the relevant map, fill the form (named PERDIM 25) and join all the document requested (copies of your Passport, KITAS, buku POA...etc)
      3. Pay the fees as per Peraturan Pemerintah nomor 38 tahun 2009 tentang penerimaan negra bukan pajak yang berlaku pada departemen hukum dan HAM. They are:
      IDR 200.000 for a single entry-reentry permit , valid 3 months
      IDR 600.000 for a multiple entry-reentry permit, valid 6 months
      IDR 1.000.000 for a multiple entry-reentry permit, valid 12 months

Whatever you choose, the MERP's validity won't exceed the validity of your KITAS. It may requires more than one visi tothe KanIm, but it is usually quite simple to process alone. No fees to stamp your buku POA, to hand you back your passport when the procedure is completed...etc should be requested nor paid. The above fees are the legal one and are valid for the whole procedure.

NB: Gratilla, being a KITAP holder, is eligible for a special MERP, valid 24 months at a legal cost of IDR 1.750.000.

Comment

• gffgold
        RIP
        • Mar 2009

Thanks Atlantis.

Comment

• newgabe
          • May 2009

Very pertinent question for me. Do you know, Atlantis, if for a retirement visa the agent that sponsored me for that has to write a letter? I had thought in that case I could do my own...
          dogs were undoubtedly provided by the gods to keep Bali from perfection. Miguel Covarrubias, 1937.

Comment

• atlantis
            Banned
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by newgabe View Post
            Very pertinent question for me. Do you know, Atlantis, if for a retirement visa the agent that sponsored me for that has to write a letter? I had thought in that case I could do my own...
            I believe he does have to. However, drop first in your KanIm to ask them if a surat kuasa from your sponsor would be enough. It would then allow you to prepare all the documents, and if you have time, to deal with it yourself, thus saving some money. A surat kuasa would also help you to deal with the other requested report at the police or at the CaPil if they aren't included in your package with your agent.

Comment

• All4you
              • Sep 2008

I've paid 1,5 millions rupiah for a 6 months merp to an immigration officer. Rip off again.

Comment

• sgteo
                • Jun 2010

Atlantis,

is the MERP fee standard through out indonesia, regardless which immigration office you going to do MERP? I received an email from imigrasi stating that Jakarta MERP requires 500usd (4.6million rupiah) for 24months while I ask from surabaya office, they offer me 200usd for 24months. weird,no???

Thanks

sgteo

Comment

• atlantis
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sgteo View Post
                  Atlantis,

is the MERP fee standard through out indonesia, regardless which immigration office you going to do MERP? I received an email from imigrasi stating that Jakarta MERP requires 500usd (4.6million rupiah) for 24months while I ask from surabaya office, they offer me 200usd for 24months. weird,no???

Thanks

sgteo
                  The law is valid throughout the territory of the Republic of Indonesia. If you requires a 24 months MERP, I guess you are a KITAP holder or a 2 years KITAS holder, correct? If so, a 24 months MERP should cost you IDR 1.750.000 as per Peraturan Pemerintah RI nomor 38 tahun 2009 tentang jenis dan tarif atas jenis penerimaan negara bukan payak yang berlaku pada departemen Hukum dan Hak Asasi Manusia.
                  For your information, immigration fees are NEVER expressed in USD, save for the visas applied outside of the territory of the RI. If you are quoted in USD any other fee concerning Imigrasi, it is a scam.

Erm... would you mind forwarding me the email from Imigrasi. I for one know someone in JKT who could be interested by it, especially if it comes from a governmental body.
                  Last edited by atlantis; 24-06-10, 07:09.

Comment

• sgteo
                    • Jun 2010

Thanks Atlantis for the clarification. I will double check with my company to get the information verified.

Comment

• marcus
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by All4you View Post
                      I've paid 1,5 millions rupiah for a 6 months merp to an immigration officer. Rip off again.
                      You need to deal with the specific officer at the specific desk/section , not the ones who walk around and normally act as private agents . Dealing with the correct officer , he/she will give you a paper to be brought to the cashier counter , the cashier tells you how much , you pay , and he/she give you a (normally , computer printed) receipt specifying the service and the fee paid.
                      Last edited by marcus; 24-06-10, 10:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X