Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sialan__
    • Dec 2013

I was in Kotamobagu (sulut) in 2004 & I knew that where I was staying that they didn't report so I tried to do it myself. The police didn't know what to do when I rocked up except to tell me to go away & get a national to come in for me. So yeah don't try & get a STM yourself as it won't happen.

Comment

• atlantis
      Banned
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by dafluff View Post
      Hold up, hold up.

SKLD and STM are 2 different things. You are no longer required to do SKLD, but STM is still required, and will be required because there are no rule changes for this in the books.

STM (Surat Tanda Melapor) is the responsibility of the owner of the accommodation where you live. Hotels, for example, are required to report all the foreigners living in their premises. For more permanent expats, usually the responsible party is the owner of the house you are renting, or in case of a family home, the Indonesian partner. The foreigner him/herself is not responsible for an STM, although if the responsible party if a relative, you may want to "remind" them to do it. The foreigner is also not legally liable for not having an STM.
      There is a noticeable change Dafluff, both for the STM and for the SKLD: foreigners are NOT legally forced to do any of them in a police precinct (neither hotel owner are).

The STM legal basis was the article 60 UU 6/1992 and an article in PP 31/1994 (I can't be bothered to verify the exact reference of the article, sorry). Both statute have been abrogated. UU 9/1992 has been abrogated and replaced by UU 6/2011 on May 2011 and PP 31/1994 has been abrogated by PP 31/2013 in march 2013.

Pasal 60 UU 9/1992 was stating:

Setiap orang yang memberi kesempatan menginap kepada orang asing dan tidak melaporkan kepada Pejabat Kepolisian Negara Republik Indonesia atau Pejabat Pemerintah Daerah setempat yang berwenang dalam waktu 24 (dua puluh empat) jam sejak kedatangan orang asing tersebut, dipidana dengan pidana kurungan paling lama 1 (satu) tahun atau denda paling banyak Rp 5.000.000,- (lima juta rupiah).

Now, UU 6/2011 states:

Pasal 72 UU 6/2011
      (1) Pejabat Imigrasi yang bertugas dapat meminta keterangan dari setiap orang yang memberi kesempatan menginap kepada Orang Asing mengenai data Orang Asing yang bersangkutan.
      (2) Pemilik atau pengurus tempat penginapan wajib memberikan data mengenai Orang Asing yang menginap di tempat penginapannya jika diminta oleh Pejabat Imigrasi yang bertugas.

Pasal 117
      Pemilik atau pengurus tempat penginapan yang tidak memberikan keterangan atau tidak memberikan data Orang Asing yang menginap di rumah atau di tempat penginapannya setelah diminta oleh Pejabat Imigrasi yang bertugas sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 72 ayat (2) dipidana dengan pidana kurungan paling lama 3 (tiga) bulan atau pidana denda paling banyak Rp25.000.000,00 (dua puluh lima juta rupiah).

There are indeed a major change for what was called "STM": POLRI is not (directly) involved anymore. In fact, Imigrasi is supposed to share all its datas about foreigners with POLRI Intelkam POA.

Those who give shelters to foreigners can still report to the police if they want to, but they have no legal constraint to do so. They have to deal with Imigrasi, and Imigrasi only. Personally, beside my legal obligations toward Imigrasi, I will continue to report any change in my immigration status to my pala (our equivalent of Pak RT), lurah, camat and (perhaps) to my kantor Polsek, but it is only out of politeness and I will continue to decline any request for money. I pay taxes and non tax state revenue, it is enough.

To be honest, reporting to POLRI, for a STM or a SKLD, makes no sense: they already have all the datas transmitted by Imigrasi. It just serve as giving them an occasion to beg. Give it a miss...
      Last edited by atlantis; 08-01-14, 21:15.

Comment

• atlantis
        Banned
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sialan__ View Post
        I was in Kotamobagu (sulut) in 2004 & I knew that where I was staying that they didn't report so I tried to do it myself. The police didn't know what to do when I rocked up except to tell me to go away & get a national to come in for me. So yeah don't try & get a STM yourself as it won't happen.
        Hahaha. I bet they were surprised! I go to Kotamobagu several times a year and I can't recall having seen any foreigner there.

Comment

• sutantyo
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
          Anyone is free to prefer to be a a vicim of the alleged "javanese standard". By the same token, we should all pay bribes whenever a request is made because it is frown upon in "javanese standard" to confront authority.
          Personally I don't give a rat's ass of "javanese standard", "manadonese standard", "jakartan standard" or whatever alleged "standard" when it infracts the law or mess up with my Rights. I care about Law and the future of my kids who require a slight change in the mentalities of those who would like to have a biased situation perpetuated.
          Not related to this topic, but I'd like to add a conversation I just had a few weeks ago with someone. I was basically told to adapt to the local culture (of various inefficiencies/corruptions) and the person was sage enough to quote the proverb: "Dimana bumi dipijak disitu langit dijunjung" which as I understand means something like "When in Rome do as Romans do" (I wonder how often people do this, because it was my 3rd time).

So I told him then and there that I agree with him completely and that since Indonesia, including him, is part of the world, I suggested that he should follow the exact proverb that he quoted me.

Comment

• dafluff
            • Jun 2013

[COLOR=#333333]There is a noticeable change Dafluff, both for the STM and for the SKLD: foreigners are NOT legally forced to do [/COLOR]any of them[COLOR=#333333] in a police precinct (neither hotel owner are).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]The STM legal basis was the article 60 UU 6/1992 and an article in PP 31/1994 (I can't be bothered to verify the exact reference of the article, sorry). Both statute have been abrogated. UU 9/1992 has been abrogated and replaced by UU 6/2011 on May 2011 and PP 31/1994 has been abrogated by PP 31/2013 in march 2013.[/COLOR]
            Oh...did not realize that it applied to both SKLD and STM, but reading the text of the law it is obvious that it does. Thanks for setting the record straight!

Comment

• atlantis
              Banned
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by dafluff View Post
              Oh...did not realize that it applied to both SKLD and STM, but reading the text of the law it is obvious that it does. Thanks for setting the record straight!
              Yes, indeed it is a major improvement. We are not considered as criminals anymore and do not require to report to the police every now and then. As in most countries in the world we deal only with immigration and the civil administration office.

Comment

• sul1995
                • Dec 2009

Anybody know how to download & print the announcement/letter no. SPRIN/2471/XII/2013 ??? Thanks.

Comment

• memel
                  • Sep 2011

Here is the official announcement. It is not directly the SPRIN/2471/XII/2013 but it can be printed if needed.

pengumuman.jpg

Comment

• sul1995
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by memel View Post
                    Here is the official announcement. It is not directly the SPRIN/2471/XII/2013 but it can be printed if needed.

[ATTACH]16118[/ATTACH]
                    Many thanks memel, appreciate it.

Comment

• Mawar.Allan
                      • Feb 2014

I am glad to hear no more SKLD. An acquaintance of ours who has lived here for 20 years recently advised that we needed one. Also, we were looking at a document printed by FIDI-FAIM about needing some police certificate to receive our cargo, as we have only recently moved over here. However,the FIDI form was printed in 2012, I have now requested an updated one.

But, I now ask, "what is an STM"?

Comment

• marcus
                        • Jul 2008

STM = Surat Tanda Melapor , a single page letter issued by a local Police office (I got mine at a Polsek) which was officially free but normally charged around Rp10'000 (see more details in the link below) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/1163-Registerring-with-the-Polisi-posted-by-suami-mbaksolo?highlight=registering%20polisi
                        (STM, SKLD , post no.2)
                        Last edited by marcus; 14-03-14, 15:15.

Comment

• DzulSiti
                          • Dec 2012

My Solute to Atlantis and Marcus,
                          So to summarize the SKLD is not needed as said in the directive. How about STM? When I going to make SKTT will they ask for this document? Much appreciate your guys input. As I just apply for conversion to ITAP. Thanks.

Comment

• Takri
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by DzulSiti View Post
                            My Solute to Atlantis and Marcus,
                            So to summarize the SKLD is not needed as said in the directive. How about STM? When I going to make SKTT will they ask for this document? Much appreciate your guys input. As I just apply for conversion to ITAP. Thanks.
                            As said in a thread in this forum (forgot where), the new laws changed the "anyone who hosts a foreigner has to report to police office to get STM" into "anyone who hosts a foreigner must give data about this foreigner, if asked by a police or immigration officer". So no need to report anymore and get STM.

Comment

• Aris@Batam
                              • Mar 2010

[COLOR=#333333]If you holding ITAS or ITAP, STM are NOT required. For others if not stay in hotel, STM are required.[/COLOR]

Comment

• marcus
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by DzulSiti View Post
                                (1) So to summarize the SKLD is not needed as said in the directive. How about STM?

(2) When I going to make SKTT will they ask for this document? ...
                                Thanks.

(1) Both SKLD and STM are not required anymore , according to the Law/Regulation about Immigration .

(2) SKTT is a city's document and so ruled by city's Regulation . Some city's Regulation are old and still require the SKLD and/or the STM . I think you should convince the city's officer that Police is not issuing them anymore . If the city's officer insists , you can try to get a STM , which is simple and officially free .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍