Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcus
    • Jul 2008

The Indonesian requirement for a onward/return ticket is old and very common in many countries . But in my opinion , it doesn't make much sense to most of the people . Maybe I was luck that no airport officer ask me for it and I got many Sosbud Visas (Singapore , Kuala Lumpur) without it (but showing a bank account statement) . In your case , if your sponsor letter states you as a spouse of an Indonesian , you will probably have to show your marriage certificate at the Embassy too (for the Visa) , and I suppose this also will help in being exempted to present the ticket . See the many options in the links below .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...12650-Question ,ticket

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ne-way-flights , outward ticket
    Last edited by marcus; 17-05-13, 07:47.

Comment

• MadCat
      • Aug 2008

Personally I've never been asked to provide one when applying for my sosbud, and the two times I was asked at arrival immigration, the minute I mentioned my wife is Indonesian it just went "ohh! cool *stamp stamp stamp stamp* seeya". It seems to be one of those requirements that exists, but lets the immigration people use their own judgement as to whether or not it should be applied.
      sigpic
      bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

• jim69
        • Jan 2012

I used to carry a ferry ticket from Batam to Singapore, they last for 1 year and are open, Immigration did not like it, but it was a ticket out of the country.
        [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

• callum
          • Feb 2012

My current work visa is due to finish on the 10th of July 2013 so i will need to renew it again for 1 year. I have my own PT company and my work visa is for that company.
          Can some one advise if i can renew this myself or if i need to do it through an agent.
          Thanks

Comment

• Cosmos
            • Mar 2013

Thanks Marcus, Madcat and Jim69,

Yes it seems that the requirement of providing a return/onward ticket for visa application actually depends on the practice of each embassy. Unfortunatly the KBRI Paris really requires it, as a formality. I call them this morning and I was told that I have to find any solution in order to get an evidence of a ticket reservation, and was kindly advised as follow: "maybe you can make an arrangement with a travel agent to get only a ticket reservation without paying it actually"..
            kura-kura menrantau di sudut pelangi

Comment

• Jaime C
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
              Thanks Marcus, Madcat and Jim69,

Yes it seems that the requirement of providing a return/onward ticket for visa application actually depends on the practice of each embassy. Unfortunatly the KBRI Paris really requires it, as a formality. I call them this morning and I was told that I have to find any solution in order to get an evidence of a ticket reservation, and was kindly advised as follow: "maybe you can make an arrangement with a travel agent to get only a ticket reservation without paying it actually"..
              Or buy the cheapest ticket you can find. Air Asia had a $15 OW ticket to SIN a week or so ago. Or if you have frequent flyer miles, you may be able too book and cancel for free, or hold a booking for a week, and print the confirmation out.
              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Berlarutlarut
                Certified Troll
                • May 2013

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                Note: In article 4 ayat (2) letter d. (paspor kebangsaan asing ayah atau ibu bagi anak yang tidak memiliki paspor kebangsaaan asing) the reference to the father/mother passport for those who doesn't have a foreign passport means that the kid must be listed in the said father/mother's passport.
                Apologies to return to this question. How do you come to your interpretation of this article? My Indonesian is not very good but I do not see that paspor kebangsaan asing ayah atau ibu bagi anak yang tidak memiliki paspor kebangsaaan asing says anything about including a child on the father's passport? Indeed for the UK that has not been possible since 1998.

From what I can see:
                Article c) is saying you have to provide the child's foreign passport if he has one
                and Article d) is saying that you have to provide the father's foreign passport if the child doesn't have one. (to prove the kid is really dual national by parentage?)

Comment

• atlantis
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                  Apologies to return to this question. How do you come to your interpretation of this article?
                  Because I've asked for further clarification when I first read the article. (and because it was already the case in the past regulations).

Comment

• Berlarutlarut
                    Certified Troll
                    • May 2013

But it doesn't say that in the article. It seems very clear: father's passport. Surely if they want to add new conditions they have to issue a new regulation, or leave themselves open to legal challenge.

Comment

• fastpitch17
                      • Sep 2012

But it doesn't say that in the article. It seems very clear: father's passport. Surely if they want to add new conditions they have to issue a new regulation, or leave themselves open to legal challenge.
                      It's looking like no one has an answer for you. Best thing is when you get it all done is to report back on the forum just what one needs to do when confronted with the same task.
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Berlarutlarut
                        Certified Troll
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                        It's looking like no one has an answer for you. Best thing is when you get it all done is to report back on the forum just what one needs to do when confronted with the same task.
                        Yes, I will do, thanks.

Comment

• Berlarutlarut
                          Certified Troll
                          • May 2013

OK I'm reporting back as promised.

So far it seems like it is possible after all. My agent called a few immigration offices and they all said that the baby's foreign passport is needed first.

So I just sent my wife and her sister to South Jakarta immigration (without me). Immigration asked for the baby's foreign passport but she said we haven't had time to do it yet as it takes 3 weeks but she needs to travel abroad with the baby soon. That was accepted by the officer and for 75,000Rp she got a document called KETERENGAN (I'm guessing this is an affidavit? - it mentions that the baby is dual nationality in accordance with the 2006 law).

Then a few days later she submitted an application for a passport for the baby, along with copies and originals of various documents (ktp, marriage, birth cert etc.) - they asked for my passport and copy but my wife said I was away travelling so they accepted that explanation. They did an interview and some more photos of the baby, and she was told to go back in 4 days, presumably at that point she'll pay 255,000Rp and get the passport.

Comment

• jstar
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
                            A rather common solution they propose. Also for a Schengen visa it can be arranged like this btw, I've seen it being advised by consulates here in Jakarta and we have done it ourselves. No problem, contact a travel agent.
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

• Berlarutlarut
                              Certified Troll
                              • May 2013

They did an interview and some more photos of the baby, and she was told to go back in 4 days, presumably at that point she'll pay 255,000Rp and get the passport.
                              We have now got the Indonesian passport from Jakarta Selatan imigrasi, standard fee. It took about 5 visits (10 days) and many hours waiting around. Although I'm not sure if there's any advantage in doing so, for those who would like to do it this way round (ie before getting the foreign passport), here are my top tips:

- don't use an agent
                              - the Indonesian spouse should go by herself, saying her husband is absent
                              - say you need it for an upcoming trip abroad and there isn't time to get the foreign passport first
                              - be nice to the immigration staff!
                              Last edited by Berlarutlarut; 04-06-13, 00:31.

Comment

• ReveurGAM
                                • May 2009

I had to go to KanIm recently, so I spoke to two different ladies about the issue of working. Yes, I know, it's not their jurisdiction, but I just thought I would share their opinions a bit.

The first lady, who's a low-ranking supervisor in the department that handles foreigners, told me that formal work for those of us on the spousal ITAS/ITAP requires an IMTA, of course, but if you're not eligible (like me) because of a lack of qualifications (bachelor's or PhD), then informal work either supporting your spouse at home, or one-off jobs are okay. I queried her about doing things like seminars and workshops, and she said that was fine, but nothing where there was an ongoing relationship with a company that could be construed as even part-time employment. She also felt that teaching English at home would be okay, but not in a language course. Unfortunately, this woman hadn't finished reading the new PP.

The other lady, who's a regular employee in WasDaKim and has been assigned the task of ferreting out foreigners who are working illegally, was less positive. She seemed to feel that aside from helping your spouse, nothing was really acceptable. She was, in part, basing her assumption on an experience a friend who's Chinese husband had been arrested after being tricked into accepting tutoring work as a Mandarin teacher; the wife had a little language course. This occurred in 2010, so it was prior to the new UU & PP, so she wasn't sure if such a thing could still happen. Also, she hasn't read the new PP at all.

Between the two, I'm inclined to listen more to the former because she's actually passed the CPNS test and is clearly more intelligent and better informed. They're both nice ladies.

Namaste, peace & love,
                                Glenn
                                I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

Working...
                                X