• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • widiadari
    • Jun 2012

KITAS & co. in BALI

Family KITAS

There are lots of information on this forum about how to get a family KITAS conversed from SosBud, but I've thought I share my experience in BALI.

In Bali there are two Kanims: one in Denpasar, and one in Kuta (Kanim Khusus Kelas I Ngurah Rai) - I used the latter one. I started my process in the beginning of November. The guy behind the desk is Pak Rizky. He and his colleague working inside, Bu Eka are EXTREMELY helpful!!! (Don't be shy to ask ANYTHING. Pak Rizky will explain to you everything in a very kind manner!)

For the KITAS application I needed the usual documents (no financial statement or the like). When handing in the documents, Pak Rizky right away suggested me to extend my SosBud visa first, as the KITAS may not be finished within a month! Thanks God he did, as it took 3 months to be finished.....You see, my husband is Javanese. He has a KIPEM (KIPS) and so we could apply for a KITAS here in Bali. That's good. However, you cannot use a sponsor with KIPEM to extend your SosBud visa - your sponsor must have KTP BALI. Pak Rizky was very nice and talked to his boss, who then talked to the boss of bagian SosBud. This boss then allowed us to extend my visa using my husband's KIPEM!

A few weeks after my SosBud had been extended (petugas there were also helpful & nice!), Pak Widhi paid a visit to our house. Based on the 2011 UU, the Kanim sends a petugas to do a penelitian lapangan. Pak Widhi was very official first, but then we had a nice chat. The following week I got my surat perintah from the Kanim to take it to the Kanwil (located in Renon, Denpasar) - together with a set of photocopies of my 'application package'.

It took 2 or 3 days for the Kanwil to issue their surat pengantar. Pak Santa, the petugas in Kanwil, suggested to send the package to Jakarta myself (if sent by them it will take longer). I did so by using JNE.

There was a 'problem' with my docs, so it took 1,5 months for Jakarta to say 'yes' for my permohonan...Kanwil (or Kanim?) forgot to photocopy the Capil Badung stamps on my marriage certificate (and I was stupid enough not to check it before sending), so Jakarta thought we hadn't registered the marriage yet (we got married in my country). That turned out because Bu Eka & Pak Rizky asked their boss to call Jakarta (they too were curious why it took so long to process my application). They then emailed and called Jakarta several times to assure them that I have the stamps on the certificate and its translation, and finally, after 3 months, I got my KITAS and blue book in February.

FYI: after Jakarta says ok, they send 3 letters to you stating their agreement. One for you, one for Kanwil, one for Kanim. You should bring this to Kanwil, who then gives you another surat. This surat you take to Kanim, and then they issue your KITAS.
    Now, at this Kanim, I DIDN'T have to do all that. When handing in your application the very first time in Kanim, you will be given a surat tanda terima. It has an e-office number on it. Based on this number, Kanim can check the status of your application. This is what Bu Eka did for me several times (and this how the problem turned out), and when Jakarta says ok, it appears in the system, too. So there was no need to wait for the letters from Jakarta, not even to go back to Kanwil!

Just to be clear, these are the things you need for application:

- Formulirs
    - surat sponsor from husband/wife (not enough to fill in the surat jaminan!)
    - photocopy of husband/wife's KTP or KIPEM
    - photocopy of passport (visa page, too)
    - photocopy of akta nikah
    (if married abroad: translation of akte nikah & stamp or surat bukti from Capil should also be photocopied!)

To be continued.
  • widiadari
    • Jun 2012

SKLD

Polda Bali is located in North Denpasar (Jl Supratman).

What you need:
    - photocopy of your passport
    - photocopy of KITAS & blue book
    - photocopy of finger print
    - surat permohonan from sponsor (adressed to: KAPOLDA BALI, UP.DIR INTELKAM)
    - photos: 4x6 cm,6 pieces

Finger print is taken at Polda, too. Takes about 20 minutes, "costs" around 30.000 IDR (can't remember exactly). You will get a piece of paper with your personal & finger print data. I didn't need to photocopy it, just showed Bu Desak (the person responsible for SKLD).
    After handing in the docs, you will be given an A4 size surat tanda terima with all your data and photo. You can use this until your SKLD is ready, which takes about a month according to Bu Desak.

SKLD costs 100.000 IDR for KITAS holders and 200.000 IDR for KITAP holders (PP no 50 / 2010).

I don't know about other Capils, but in Capil BADUNG you MUST have your SKLD before applying for an "SKTT"!

Comment

• widiadari
      • Jun 2012

SKTT

I can only share my experience with Capil BADUNG, but hope it'll be useful for someone.

There is nothing like SKTT in Capil BADUNG, they use the name SKPPS/P (for KITAS/P, respectively). It costs 200.000 IDR for SKPPS and 300.000 IDR for SKPPP (Perda Badung 13 / 2010).

What you need:

- photocopy of SKLD
      - photocopy KITAS/P & blue book
      - photocopy passport
      - 2 formulirs
      - surat permohonan from sponsor (I'm not sure if they really need it, I brought one, but Bu Dayu didn't care about it when checking my docs)
      - photos: 4x6 cm, 3 pieces (well, or 5? Not sure....)

You DO NOT need a surat keterangan domisili from the kantor lurah!!!

After you got your SKPPS (1 week, approximately), you have to bring it together with your KITAS, blue book, passport and SKLD to the kantor lurah, and THEN will they issue your surat keterangan domisili!

PS: Perdas about prices --->
      Perda Badung 13 / 2010: www.badungkab.go.id (google: 'perda badung 13 2010 ---> Word document)
      Perda 17 / 2010 Gianyar: http://www.gianyarkab.go.id/files/pe...0Th%202010.pdf
      Perda 19 / 2011 Buleleng: http://ditjenpp.kemenkumham.go.id/fi...ng-2011-19.pdf

Comment

• freibriz
        • May 2013

Hi widiadari,

I have question related to my KITAS and hope you (or someone else) can give me some advise. I have got my label visa (I am currently in Australia) and planning to come to Bali to get the rest of the KITAS process (taking photos, fingerprints etc.) completed at the Immigration. Although my visa process is handled by an agent (until now all went well), I would like to get some independent advise.

- My agent says that they have to handover my passport to Immigration and they will let me know (via my visa agent) when I can come to them take the photo, fingerprint etc. Is this the normal procedure? How long does this procedure takes?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• marcus
          • Jul 2008

Normally in an immigration process to get a KITAS after arriving with a VITAS (Visa for a KITAS) the passport is kept at the city's Immigration Office (Kantor Imigrasi) until you get the KITAS , which takes around 3 weeks , if no problem arises . If you are worried for not having your passport during this period , ask your agent to provide you a copy of the KITAS request receipt ("Tanda Terima Permohonan KITAS") , which is a proof that your passport is at the Kantor Imigrasi (and keep a copy of the relevant pages of the passport too) .

Comment

• birdfamily
            • Oct 2015

Hello all!
            I'll post our recent social visa to kitas saga in Denpasar. For starters my wife has KTP Jakarta and KIPEM here in Bali.
            On the first time we headed to KanIm Kelas I Khusus Ngurah Rai. In information desk we asked about the conversion, they checked my passport and said I have to extend my social visa twice, before it is possible to do the conversion. We showed them PP no 31 tahun 2013, pasal 166, ayat 2 (stating that conversion can be applied once the foreigner is in Indonesi). A little bit more chatting and explaining, we were forwarded to the application officer. There we told our story again and added, my wife has KTP Jakarta and KIPEM. He told it's not a problem and it is possible to apply for conversion. But as our address is covered by KanIm Kelas I Denpasar in Renon, we have to apply there.

In KanIm Kelas I Denpasar was no need to take out any pasals. There they said, that I have to extend my social visa first, as it needs to have at least 30 days left on it to apply for conversion. No problem, let's extend it first and then apply for conversion. As a bit of a surprise it was possible to extend sosbud with KTP Jakarta and KIPEM combination, without any questions (aduh, all the fees that could have been saved with previous sosbuds and extensions, but I used agent because of the KTP address).

So extension done and we went to get conversion forms and the list of needed documents. All good, got original KK sent from Jakarta, pictures taken and forms filled. Went back to KanIm to give in the application. Everything was good and ready to go, but the only problem was the status on KIPEM being "belum kawin", so we were asked to get new KIPEM with status "kawin" (status begin "belum kawin" on KTP wasn't a problem). So we headed to kelurahan and got new KIPEM with correct status.

And then yesterday (3rd or 4th time in KanIm about conversion) we went with high hopes to finally submit the application. This time we were served by another officer next to "our guy". She told it is not possible to convert with KIPEM. After a while we were directed to "our guy" and suddenly he was also very sure it is not possible to do it here and the only way is in Jakarta. We pulled out the good old PP no 31 tahun 2013, again Pasal 166, but this time ayat 1:

"Permohonan alih status Izin Tinggal kunjungan menjadi Izin Tinggal terbatas diajukan oleh Penjamin kepada Kepala Kantor Imigrasi yang wilayah kerjanya meliputi tempat tinggal Orang Asing."

Which tells to apply for the conversion in KanIm, where the foreigner resides.

We didn't get very convincing answers or explanations, why it must be necessarily done in Jakarta. After explaining that we live here, my wife has lived here for 3-4 years and she is not allowed to change her KTP, people have done the conversions 20 km from here in KanIm Kelas I Khusus Ngurah Rai with different KTP/KIPEM combo and it's pretty impossible to make trips to Jakarta KanIm every few days/weeks as my wife is working and can't take a few months off.
            As it was Friday and it was getting close to 2PM (application counter closing time), we told we will and find out more information about the situation.
            I also asked, if it is possible to apply for KITAS through the telex way. He said that still only in Jakarta.

So, any suggestions what to try next? As it seems, people have succeeded to convert sosbud to KITAS with KIPEM in KanIm Ngurah Rai. If I understand correctly, all the applications from both KanIm Ngurah Rai and KanIm Renon pass and must be approved by KanWil Bali. So if it's legal and possible to convert with KIPEM in Ngurah Rai, it should also be possible in Renon, which is under the same KanWil?
            Any hopes of getting more information or some kind of confirmation from KanWil about the situation? Maybe someone knows, if it is possible to just go and visit them or do you need to call/write them first to make an appointment?

All suggestions are more then appreciated.
            Thanks and happy weekend!
            Last edited by birdfamily; 19-03-16, 09:03.

Comment

• marcus
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by birdfamily View Post
              (1) ... After explaining that we live here, my wife has lived here for 3-4 years and she is not allowed to change her KTP, ...

(2) So, any suggestions what to try next? ...

(3) Any hopes of getting more information or some kind of confirmation from KanWil about the situation? .. , if it is possible to just go and visit them or do you need to call/write them first to make an appointment?...

(1) Could you tell us why after 3-4 years living in Bali , your wife still cannot get a Bali's KTP ?

(2) You could talk first to the KITAS' section chief , then the chief of the Kantor Imigrasi .

(3) After the chief of Kantor Imigrasi you can go to Kantor Wilayah . No appointment needed .

Comment

• birdfamily
                • Oct 2015

Apparently somehow in Bali, a person must own property or have to prove with rental contracts, that he/she has lived here for at least 5 years in order to change KTP. So far I haven't been able to find any regulations about these requirements. Also it seems, that different kelurahans have somehow different rules, as some have been told it is 5 years, some 2 years etc... we were told in our current kelurahan, we must live at our current area for at least 9 months to change her KTP. So 3 months to go, but after that we will probably move.

We will try to meet the section chief and see how it goes from there. I'll keep updating about the progress.

Thank You very much, Marcus!

Comment

• scouser59
                  • Jul 2014

ya your right about bali , we had the same problem some time ago , the kipem is now kips , bali is certainly unique in indonesia re this , on one hand you cant buy property as a married couple unless you have pre nup or go through the separation of assets routine , so therefore you have to wait for 5 years renting , but immigration will not accept kips for the sponsor id , impossible situation.

Comment

• birdfamily
                    • Oct 2015

The funny thing is that in KanIm Ngurah Rai it has been possible to apply for KITAS, if the sponsor doesn't have local KTP, but has KIPS.
                    One mixed couple got KITAS this month from KanIm Ngurah Rai. In their case, they didn't do conversion, but used the Telex way.
                    Before starting the application process they asked about it from Renon office, but were told it was impossible. So they just moved to another area, that is served by KanIm Ngurah Rai. Everything went smoothly and got KITAS couple of weeks ago.

If this is possible, it would be way easier and cheaper to rent an additional small kost for a few months somewhere out of Kota Denpasar. And later change the address on KITAS.
                    Still confusing how so close KanIm's under one KanWil tell and do different things.

Comment

• scouser59
                      • Jul 2014

unfortunately it seems every office has another story re the law and how its applied .I have to say im impressed with ngurah rai office, very professional , btw they have moved to nusa dua just off the bypass.

Comment

• birdfamily
                        • Oct 2015

Oh yeah, they sure seem to be very helpful and stick to the regulations. Thanks for the input scouser!

Comment

• birdfamily
                          • Oct 2015

Little update to our story.
                          We called KanWil about the issue and asked, if they could give us some explanations. After mentioning that it has been possible in one of the KanIm under them, but not in the other, they invited us over.
                          Yesterday we met Pak Djunizar. If I’m not mistaken he is the kabid lalulintas dan izin tinggal orang asing. We explained the whole story again and showed our documents. He confirmed it is possible to convert with KIPEM/KIPS and called Pak Candra in KanIm Denpasar (if I got it right, he is the head of Status Keimigrasian). He asked him to meet us afterwards and help us to get it sorted out. We chatted a little more with Bpk Djunizar. He told us he as worked in many different KanWil’s around Indonesia and asked us to go back to him, if we should have any further problems. Very helpful and nice guy.

After that we went to KanIm to meet Pak Candara. He explained that they stopped accepting KITAS applications with KIPEM/KIPS, cause Jakarta hasn’t approved them (from other people’s experiences that doesn’t seem to be a problem, but alright). He said it’s possible and we should go straight to him to apply. As by now we are going to visit my family in less than 2 months, the conversion might not be done by that time. So we decided to play it safe and apply for the conversion when we are back and I have a new social visa. No problem, he just asked us to go straight to him.

So at the moment it finally seems to be possible to convert with KIPEM also in KanIm Denpasar after a few months of going back and forth. I’ll update what happens in July or August, when we go for the second run. Big thumbs up for KanWil Bali, very friendly and helpful people.
                          Last edited by birdfamily; 27-04-16, 10:57.

Comment

• birdfamily
                            • Oct 2015

We got back to Bali 2 weeks ago and started the second round of applying.
                            So we went to KanIm Renon again to ask the forms. Talked to Pak Candra... he told the same story about approval from Jakarta (might not get approved with KIPS etc.). He told Pak Djunizar from KanWil has retired by now, but still called him to check if we could apply with KIPS (he said it's ok, can try). So in the end they gave us the forms and told us to fill them in and try.

It took a few days for us to get a new KIPS for my wife as the old one was expired.
                            Today we went back to KanIm with everything ready to go. After we explained the whole situation again (from the beginning of February until now), we were told that KanWil won't approve applications with KIPS and probably Jakarta's office also. BUT if we want to try, we have to pay KITAS+MERP fees right there in advance and sign some agreement (that they are not responsible for Jakarta's decision nor refunds) in order to apply. When we asked if we can send the documents to Jakarta ourselves (as many have suggested to make it faster and safer), they said there's no such option... only they can do the posting.

All of it seemed too weird... if they say that KanWil won't accept these applications, why should they even give the option to apply (week ago nothing was mentioned about KanWil, only Jakarta). Signing some agreement on top of that. So we just refused and will try to figure out some other way.

Comment

• marcus
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by birdfamily View Post
                              ... we were told that KanWil won't approve applications with KIPS and probably Jakarta's office also. BUT if we want to try, , we have to pay KITAS+MERP fees right there in advance ...

All of it seemed too weird... if they say that KanWil won't accept these applications, why should they even give the option to apply ...

Yes , I also think it is weird . And if you have to pay , the payment is at Kantor Imigrasi , not at KanWil .

I would try to talk to the KanWil chief and if no success , try to contact Jakarta's Directorate General :
                              - email : alihstatus@hotmail.com (unfortunately one member already told us nobody answered when he/she sent email to this address)
                              - phone : 021-522.46.58 , extensions 2519 and 2521 (after many tries , I succeeded at 4PM , ext. 2519) . You can save phone bill by using VOIP phone service . I use Discount Calling (www.discountcalling.com , USD0.01/min (PC-to-Phone with a good internet connection) or USD0.02/min (Phone-to-Phone if the internet connection is not good) .

See below a recent case from Bali too .

posted 3 days ago at http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...usband/page108
                              Originally posted by brodee View Post
                              I got my kitas sponsored by my wife on KIPEM i also used an agent in Bali ...

Comment

Working...
                              X