• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OomBen
    • Oct 2011

KITAS extension sponsored by Indonesian spouse (WNI) process

Hello all,

It's been almost a year since I've had my KITAS and it is about time to renew it and so I am now trying to figure out what paperwork I need before heading down to imigrasi and then being told I'm missing all of my paperwork. According to Marcus, the papers required are about the same...but...I'd like to limit my trips to immigration if possible, so if anyone has an exact list, that would be perfect.

Im going to include some links that are a little useful but are a bit lacking with specific and detailed instruction. I know things are always changing with imigrasi so i will be sure to write down the process and share with everyone.

The first post I found was this one but doesn't seem to cover my specific/ordinary needs:

Exerpt from Marcus on post 2-

1) KITAS extension is requested in Indonesia . The sponsor/she/.. need to go to the local immigration office at the Indonesian city related to her address in the KITAS/"blue book" .

2) KITAS extension need to be requested one month before its expiration .

3) Required documents are about the same of the ones used to request the original KITAS + copies of : KITAS , "blue book" , the ITAS stamped in the passport , ..

See here the list of required documents and procedures :
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , posts no. 246/247 (my case)

Note: First and second extensions are not required to get the main immigration office's approval (Jakarta)

Here is a list of documents for getting a kitas sponsored by a WNI:

So, the worst case scenario (or maybe not) is to just go to Tangerang and see what the deal is. Not looking forward to traveling to Serang...I hope that jerk isn't there anymore...
    Tolak orang gila
  • john madden
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

OomBen - from my thread:http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ghlight=jember

[COLOR=#333333]What was required:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]The sponsor letter – type your name exactly as it appears in your passport.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]KanIm’s forms ie the application and the usual foreigner data collection form.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]KanIm’s permohonan letter for your sponsor to sign – this includes the fields,for sponsor, "Pekerjaan" – in our case Ibu rumah tangga, and "Penghasilan per tahun" – we asked about this and the answer was that it was not necessary given our answer to Pekerjaan. We nevertheless decided to write “50jt dari suami” rather than getting a call in a couple of days asking us to come back and fix it.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Copy of sponsor KTP, KK.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Legalised copy of Buku Nikah.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Copy of my passport ID page and the page showing most recent entry to Indonesia. The copy I provided also included the ITAS page – dunno if strictly necessary.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Copy of KITAS, copy of all pages of POA that had any “endorsements”.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Also surrender your passport, KITAS (card) and POA book so don't forget to get copies for yourself before giving them up.[/COLOR]

Comment

• marcus
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by john madden View Post
      [COLOR=#333333]What was required:[/COLOR]
      (a) [COLOR=#333333]KanIm’s forms ie the application and the usual foreigner data collection form.[/COLOR]
      (b) [COLOR=#333333]"Penghasilan per tahun" – we asked about this and the answer was that it was not necessary given our answer to Pekerjaan. We nevertheless decided to write “50jt dari suami” rather than getting a call in a couple of days asking us to come back and fix it.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333].......................[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333](c) Legalised copy of Buku Nikah.
      .......................[/COLOR]
      (a) At the forms counter , I asked for : "Perpanjangan ITAS" .

(b) I always left this item blank .

(c) Only normal copies of my "Buku Nikah" (from Indonesian KUA) were required from me .
      Last edited by marcus; 20-09-12, 22:00.

Comment

Working...
      X