Be a sponsor for 2 persons, is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MentariPagi
    • Apr 2012

Be a sponsor for 2 persons, is it possible?

Hello everybody,

I am new to this Forum. But actually I've been searching some answers for my questions.
    My husband is now renewing his passport in his country and will bring his mother to live with us in Indonesia. Is it possible to sponsor two persons, i.e my husband and my mother in-law?
    For my husband we will apply a VKSB or social culture visa, and for my mother in-law will be a VITAS. But actually, I am not sure if it's really a VITAS for her.

A little story about my husband:
    He's been leaving in Indonesia for the last three years until he had to get back to his country for a new passport. He left the country on the last day of his KITAS expiration. So, I think we have to start all over again, I mean a VKSB for him to enter the country, then convert it to KITAS, then to KITAP as our marriage already been over 2 years. Is this correct?

Please, I need some advice. And thank you so much.
  • marcus
    • Jul 2008

I knew a foreigner and her daughter who were sponsored for Social Cultural Visas (VKSB) by the same sponsor , and in this Forum I never heard of anything against someone sponsoring 2 or more foreigners .

Regarding the visa for your mother-in-law , if she is 55 years old (or over) , she can get a Retirement VITAS/KITAS , but sponsored by authorized travel agent . You can sponsor her for a VKSB but not for a VITAS/KITAS .

As the new UU6 - 2011 is not implemented yet , yes , a VKSB (Sosbud Visa) is the best option for your husband . He could come with a VITAS , but a KITAS through a Sosbud Visa is a little easier .
    Last edited by marcus; 25-05-12, 17:34.

Comment

• MentariPagi
      • Apr 2012

Selamat pagi, Marcus.

Nice to meet you.

Thanks for your reply. Now I want to apply VKSB for both my husband and his Mum.

Do I need to do it at my local Kanim or it is my husband who has to do it at Indonesian Consulate/KBRI in his country?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• marcus
        • Jul 2008

A VKSB (Social Cultural/Family Visit Visa - single entry , or Sosbud Visa - single entry) is issued by an Indonesian Embassy . You have 2 options :

1) If you live in Jakarta , you can get the VKSB "pre-approval" at the main immigration office in Jakarta (Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi) , Jl. Rasuna Said , KAV. 8-9 , Jakarta Selatan . They will send the "pre-approval" message to an Embassy of your choice , and so your husband and his mother go to that Embassy to get the visas ; or

2) You send 2 sponsor's letters (maybe just one is enough , but not sure) + 1 or 2 copies of your KTP + # to them , so with those sponsor's documents and their own documents , they can request the VKSB at the Indonesian Embassy , at their country preferably , or at the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore , Kuala Lumpur , ..

# Check the Embassy's website for the required documents for the visa . Some Embassies require bank account statement , too .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...=5217#post5217 (post no.4 , sample of sponsor's letter to Embassy)

Comment

• MentariPagi
          • Apr 2012

Today I made a phone call to DitJenIm. And the woman on the phone told me friendly that I can apply the Visas online here: http://visa.imigrasi.go.id/pravnp-we...w/homenew.jspx

Docs I need to upload are: My sponsor letter, KTP, KK, Marriage Certificate that has to be already legalized by the Russian Embassy in Jakarta (my husband is a Russian), Bank Statement (both my husband's and mine), and his passport.

I've got all of the docs. I just need to get my bank book printed tomorrow.

Three years ago, I remember I had to send all docs to my cousin via JNE to hand them to the DitJenIm as I live in Kalimantan. Looks like today is a bit easier.

Comment

• marcus
            • Jul 2008

MentariPagi , as far as I know there is no one in this Forum with experience in requesting a visa online , so it would be very appreciated if you continue to tell us all about that .

How did you know their phone number and the documents required to be uploaded ?
            Last edited by marcus; 31-05-12, 11:36.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡