X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabius
    • Nov 2010

What to while waiting for work KITAS

My spouse KITAS will expire in a little more than one month, so it's about time to start the renewal procedure. However, I am in the final stages of negotiation for working with a ocmpany that will also sponsor my work KITAS. Due to their very slow decision process, I very much doubt that they will apply for my KITAS in time. I thought of applying for a SosBud instead and wait for the work KITAS. Any suggestions?
  • marcus
    • Jul 2008

Atlantis said one could get a work permit with a KITAS sponsored by Indonesian spouse .
    You could extend your present KITAS sponsored by your spouse , as it doesn't need to wait for the work permit request , like the normal "work KITAS" does .
    Last edited by marcus; 04-05-12, 09:58.

Comment

• Niko Z.
      • Apr 2011

I've inquired with my local KanIm about possible wife KITAS/company work permit and they would have no problem with that.

You should probably check with your local KanIm first. Legally speaking, you definitely have the right to set it up that way.
      Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

• Fabius
        • Nov 2010

My problem isn't really about the type of visa to apply for (or better, who'd sponsor it), but rather one of timing. If a new KITAS cannot be ready before the old one expires, what document should I apply for in the meantime?

Comment

• marcus
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Fabius View Post
          ...If a new KITAS cannot be ready before the old one expires, what document should I apply for in the meantime?
          The document you should apply may be :

a) The extension of your current KITAS at your city's immigration office (at least 30 days before its expiration) as I suggested in my post above , or

b) Any other visa at an Indonesian Embassy (in Singapore , Kuala Lumpur ,..) , or even a Visa-on-arrival .

In this case , your best option is a Visit Visa - Business - single entry (extendable up to 180 days) , sponsored by the company which will hire you . This way , the company can convert this visa into a KITAS , also sponsored by the company , without the need to leave Indonesia .
          Last edited by marcus; 21-01-12, 22:02.

Comment

• Fabius
            • Nov 2010

Let's rephrase my question: can a KITAS be "downgraded" to SOSbud?
            I would think so, but is it convenient? Does it mean that next time I will have to redo also the blue booklet from scratch?

I am afraid is it too late for a new KITAS to arrive before the old one expires - there would be rougly a one-week gap - what can be done about it?

Comment

• marcus
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Fabius View Post
              (1) can a KITAS be "downgraded" to SOSbud?

(2) ..is it convenient? Does it mean that next time I will have to redo also the blue booklet from scratch?

(3) I am afraid is it too late for a new KITAS to arrive before the old one expires - there would be rougly a one-week gap - what can be done about it?

(1) To change from an ITAS/KITAS to a Sosbud Visa , you will need to cancel the KITAS (requesting an exit only permit or EPO , returning the KITAS/blue book , SKLD and SKTT) , and then go to an Indonesian Embassy (outside Indonesia) to request the Sosbud Visa (as I mentioned in item b of my post no.5 above) .

(2) As I mentioned in my post no.5 (b) above , from all your visa options (except the VITAS that you say it is not ready yet) , the most convenient is the Visit Visa - Business - single entry .
              As soon as you cancel a KITAS , the next KITAS will start from zero again .

(3) Lets suppose you start to extend your present KITAS (sponsored by Indonesian spouse) , even if you have less than one month left , I think it is feasible . First and second KITAS extension can be issued within around 2 weeks .
              As already told , you can stay with this kind of KITAS , instead of the specific "work" KITAS , and then later you just get a work permit to work . Just that , without going out of Indonesia .
              Last edited by marcus; 23-01-12, 19:32.

Comment

• Fabius
                • Nov 2010

"(3) Lets suppose you start to extend your present KITAS (sponsored by Indonesian spouse) , even if you have less than one month left , I think it is feasible . First and second KITAS extension can be issued within around 2 weeks ."

Ah, this is good news indeed. Thanks for the information, within the week I'll start the KITAS extension process.

Comment

• Seanie Sean
                  • Dec 2016

Please can someone confirm if you can obtain the working DPKK< IMTA RTKP from an employer that is not your spouse if on spouse kitas. I have an awkward situation with new role to hopefully start in April. I intend to marry but cannot complete this until A few days before Ramadan, or possibly after. I would rather start the clock to citizenship with my wife to be as sponsor. What do you sages recommend?

I have held a KITAs before, and Have been on VITAs with my Fiance as sponsor since January 17th. I could potentially request my start date be put back, but cash will be even tighter.

Comment

• marcus
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Seanie Sean View Post
                    (I) ... confirm if you can obtain the working DPKK< IMTA RTKP from an employer that is not your spouse if on spouse kitas.

(II) I have ... been on VITAs with my Fiance as sponsor since January 17th.

(III) I could potentially request my start date be put back, but cash will be even tighter.

(I) Yes , you can (according to what some other Forum members have told here) .

(II) A VITAS (Visa for KITAS , or Limited Stay Visa) requires the holder to request a KITAS within one month after entering Indonesia , so did you do that already ?

(III) Usually an IMTA/Work Permit takes a long time to be issued , then people normally don't ask it to be put back . Anyway , I didn't understand why you are worried if the IMTA comes too soon .

------------------------------------

Another thing that I didn't understand is how you got a VITAS sponsored by your fiance . A fiance cannot sponsor a VITAS , except if you meant that your fiance is also your employer , but if so , an employer cannot sponsor a VITAS before an IMTA is issued .

Comment

Working...
                    X