KTP Pendatang an issue for KITAS sponsorship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko Z.
    • Apr 2011

KTP Pendatang an issue for KITAS sponsorship?

I have decided to make this issue a separate thread. It was originally mentioned in
    'Can WNA husband be listed in KK?' thread.

In short, KanIm Pekanbaru will not accept an application for wife-sponsored KITAS due to the fact that my wife is a recent arrival to the city and holds a 12 month 'recent arrival' ID card (KTP Pendatang). KTP Pendatang is a local procedure in Pekanbaru.
    She is not registered as a resident anywhere else and she has all the documents needed to process an ID card. KanIm will only accept a KITAS application after the 12 month period my wife is issued a proper ID card.

Another issue is that KanIm will not issue an affidavit for our daughter due to the fact that mother holds KK Pendatang. However, the immigration officers indicated they might be more flexible on this issue.

This situation is very much in progress and I will inform you of any developments.
    Please share if you have any similar experiences or have ideas how to resolve this situation.
    Take my advice, I don't need it.
  • ReveurGAM
    • May 2009

I know nothing of this KTP Pendatang, but if you think there's something strange going on, I would suggest you check the rules at PemDa (Pemerintahan Daerah) regarding this whole fiasco, as well as at KanWil Kemenkumham. Further, you could check the higher level laws that deal with KTPs and see if this local rule violates the national ones, in which case I suspect you could probably put in a polite complaint at KanWil about the violation. In writing.

Glenn
    I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• Niko Z.
      • Apr 2011

I have checked several PerDa (Peraturan Daerah), KTP Pendatang is part of the rules. Procedures and fees for getting it are laid out. However, so far I have not found which rights are taken away for 'Pendatang' people, the PerDa reffered to by Catatan Sipil officer actually deals with swallow nests.

I have not found any written mention of how it applies to KITAS sponsorship yet. My guess is that it's not clearly regulated and some immigration officials just make things up, rather then bother with a novel situation.

I will try to inquire with the higher ranking officers next week and get an official statement outlining their position. Based on my previous experiences I doubt I will get anything. In my last few visits I realized I know regulations concerning KITAS much better than any immigration officer I've met.
      And I don't really know regulations too well....
      Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

• ReveurGAM
        • May 2009

If you can't find anything that supports what they're doing, I think you're better off going to KanWil or DitJenIm...

Whatever you do, I wish you quick success!

Glenn
        I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• atlantis
          Banned
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Niko Z. View Post
          I have not found any written mention of how it applies to KITAS sponsorship yet. My guess is that it's not clearly regulated and some immigration officials just make things up, rather then bother with a novel situation.
          Spot on. Anything to avoid working is a fine excuse. There are no regulations stipulating that a sponsor should be a penduduk tetap in order to sponsor a foreigner for a residency permit. Should you guys move to another kota/kabupaten following the issuance of a KITAS, there are procedures to address the situation. Therefore their lame argument makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
          X