X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcus
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by dafluff View Post
    ... You can also line up in the queue that says "Foreigners with KITAS/KITAP" or something like that, instead of the general tourist line.

Are you sure that somebody with a VITAS may be considered as a resident already ?

Comment

• Geosuzu20
      • Jul 2013

Marcus, Yes I am already on a re-entry VOA which expires the 19th this month. I was already approved for VITAS (post #1401, this thread) and will fly shortly to sing to present the VITAS telex approval letter and pay the required fee at the embassy. Yes, I do understand I have 30 days upon arrival to apply and convert VITAS to KITAS which I will do electronically through imigrasi online. So, should I just line up in the foreigner entery que line to left or right and no need to pay for VOA since my pp VITAS stamp covers that or go straight down the ramp to the citizen entry que's. Your right I am not a citizen, so to line up with indonesian citizens doesn't seem right. I am in question as what to do, since there is a difference in answer given. Can you clarify where I should line up after disembarking and any other tips or helpful instructions upon re-entry?
      Last edited by Geosuzu20; 10-02-15, 10:49.

Comment

• marcus
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Geosuzu20 View Post
        (a) Yes I am already on a re-entry VOA ...

(b) ... Yes, I do understand I have 30 days upon arrival to apply and

(c) convert VITAS to KITAS which I will do electronically through imigrasi online.

(d) So, should I just line up in the foreigner entery que line to left or right ... go straight down the ramp to the citizen entry que's ... Can you clarify where I should line up after disembarking ...

(e) and no need to pay for VOA since my pp VITAS stamp covers that ...

(a) There is NO re-entry VOA (Visa-On-Arrival) . When you leave Indonesia , the VOA is canceled .

(b) You will need to confirm if it is really 30 days .

(c) NO ! Conversion of VITAS into a KITAS is done at Kantor Imigrasi of the city where your sponsor lives (sponsor's KTP/KK must state the correct address) .

(d) Well , it is not so important and of course you cannot go to a line for "Indonesian citizens" . You can risk going to a line for "Indonesian Residents" or "KITAS/KITAP holders" . You will certainly be ok if you go to the "Foreigners" line .

(e) Yes .
        Last edited by marcus; 11-02-15, 13:54.

Comment

• sinhalakolla
          • Feb 2015

I'm planing to laminate my KITAS. But my occupation, address, sponsor fields are empty. Will this be OK?

Comment

• bad_azz
            • Feb 2011

why not make a double sided colour copy of it and laminate that, and lock the original away in a fire/flood proof safe that's what I do.
            Cicak Magnet

Comment

• marcus
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sinhalakolla View Post
              (1) I'm planing to laminate my KITAS.

(2) But my occupation, address, sponsor fields are empty. Will this be OK?

(1) I agree with Bad_azz suggestion above . If I am not mistaken , you will have to pay 2 times the price you already paid , if you lose the original KITAS .

(2) Yes , it is ok .

Comment

• nasi posse
                • Nov 2014

Im sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum but, I went to KanIm Kelapa Gading this morning to hand in my forms for a third extension of my wife-sponsored-KITAS. I requested a 3 month extension and the officer said no. So I asked for a 6 month extension, and he said no. He said I must extend for one year. Is this true? The problem is that in about 2 weeks I will have been married two years and want to begin applying for my KITAP at that time. So for me, a one year extension is not necessary. I explained this to him, but he said it wasnt possible. If anyone knows where to find the law that supports my request, please let me know. Thanks!
                Last edited by nasi posse; 12-05-15, 12:28.

Comment

• marcus
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by nasi posse View Post
                  (1) ... He said I must extend for one year. Is this true?

(2) The problem is that in about 2 weeks I will have been married two years and want to begin applying for my KITAP at that time...

(3) If anyone knows where to find the law that supports my request, please let me know. Thanks!

(1) It seems not true . I never saw anything in the Law/Regulations that supports this officer's position . Not a 3 months KITAS (only for work) , but a 6 months KITAS should be possible .

(2) If your present KITAS expires after your marriage completes 2 years , maybe it is possible to request a KITAP , instead of another KITAS extension .

I didn't find the minimum days to apply for a KITAP , but it may be similar to minimum days to apply for a KITAS/KITAP extension (one day before it expires) .

(3) Search for "Peraturan Menteri Hukum dan Hak Asasi Manusia" no.27 , Tahun 2014 . I have a copy but cannot copy/paste it here .

In Article 25 it states the "types" of KITAS by time duration . In Article 27 it states that a KITAS sponsored by Indonesian spouse can have KITAS of : 2 years , one year , or 6 months .
                  Last edited by marcus; 13-05-15, 10:27.

Comment

• Abu Salih
                    • May 2015

In February I changed from KITAS to KITAP, which was less than one year as well. Before I applied for KITAS I asked whether there would be a 6 months KITAS available, since I already fulfilled the requirements for a KITAP and wanted to change quickly. I was told that there is no 6 month KITAS. But changing from KITAS to KITAP in less than one year would be no issue, but I still would have to pay the full annual fee for the KITAS, which I did subsequently. The process went very smooth though.

Comment

• marcus
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Abu Salih View Post
                      (a) ... I was told that there is no 6 month KITAS.

(b) But changing from KITAS to KITAP in less than one year would be no issue, ...

(a) It is well known in this Forum that a 6 months KITAS really exists . As I wrote above , it is clearly stated in the Regulation PM 27/2014 and we also know the price : Rp 505'000(paper card)/Rp 705,000(plastic card) .

(b) One can apply for conversion of a KITAS into a KITAP as soon as the marriage completes 2 years . You are not obliged to wait until the end of your present KITAS .
                      Last edited by marcus; 13-05-15, 20:35.

Comment

• nasi posse
                        • Nov 2014

Thanks for the quick response, Marcus. I was able to apply for the 6 month extension because of the law reference you provided me. But now I am interested in seeing if I can just go straight to the KITAP if it is true we may apply for it one day before my visa expires. My two year wedding anniversary is on May 29, 2015, and my visa expires on June 21, 2015 (less than thirty days after my 2 year anniversary). Ill have to present the officer with a law that specifically states a KITAP may be applied for less than a month before my KITAS expires. Is there a law that clearly states this? If not, this guy will definitely not budge. Thanks again!
                        Last edited by nasi posse; 14-05-15, 10:51.

Comment

• marcus
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by nasi posse View Post
                          (a) ... Ill have to present the officer with a law that specifically states a KITAP may be applied for less than a month before my KITAS expires. Is there a law that clearly states this?

(b) If not, this guy will definitely not budge.

Thanks again!

(a) The only Regulation I saw something about time to apply for KITAS/KITAP extension is that one I told you ("Peraturan Menteri Hukum dan Hak Asasi Manusia" no.27 , Tahun 2014" . I took a quick look there but didn't find specifically for the KITAP application . Please look there more carefully then I did .

(b) If the Kantor Imigrasi officer say no , you can ask the boss or a officer at Kantor Willayah (see what Atlantis say about complaining in the link below) .

There is a strong evidence that now we can apply for any Immigration process up to the day before the present Visa/Stay Permit expires . For example , it is like that for : an extension of a Visit Visa (Sosbud/Business/VOA) as stated in Article 16 item (2) of the above mentioned Regulation , an extension of a KITAS as stated in Article 35 item (2) , and also for a extension of a KITAP as stated in Article 65 item (3) . Check there if there is also for the original KITAP .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...626#post226626 (Atlantis' post no.22 , how to complain about Immigration)

Comment

• shanty_84
                            • Dec 2014

hi, guys...sorry if this has been addressed before as I need some advice. So I'm an Indonesian and just got married last Feb with a British citizen. His KITAS, sponsored by the company, will end soon and we're planning for him to extend his KITAS but will be sponsored by me as his spouse.

From what I read before, that he'll need to do EPO, going to Singapore / Malaysia, and it'll be better for him to process a VISA Sosbud, before we can change it to KITAS sponsored by a spouse.

But my friend, who works as a HR in his company and regularly handle foreigners in his company, suggested to propose the Telex VISA / KITAS (I forgot what its called) sponsored by me as the spouse, and after already got the Telex approval, to do the EPO at Singapore / Malaysia and present the approval to the KBRI then fly back here and Immigration will give the KITAS sponsored by spouse.

need advice which one would be the better option ? or which is the correct flow so my husband can change the KITAS that he have right now, sponsored by company, changed to the KITAS sponsored by me as his spouse.

really appreciate your help and advice about this )) thanks

Comment

• johntap
                              • Apr 2013

I am not sure. Mr Marcus would have the correct answer. But I will stick my neck out to say that he can just get an alih status and not have to leave the country at all. I hope I am right for your sake. It is so much easier.

Comment

• shanty_84
                                • Dec 2014

did found this old post before >> http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ht=alih+status << but this is for extending the spouse KITAS

still looking around

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡