Clear All
  • andycharles
    • Mar 2014

ok thanks. That's ok anyway.

As for the work part, if I understand right then

Partner sponsored= no work
    work sponsored=work

but both KITAS

can I have a kitas marriage and a kitas work visa together???

If I have a work kitas and I stop work do I just change to a wife sponsor kitas.

seems a crazy situation

Do married foreigners ever become citizens as such and allowed to work?

Thanks for your speedy responses guys

Comment

• Jaime C
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post

You will not get a sosbud in one day. Minimum 2 and normally 3 days for many.
      Huh?

People get Sosbuds in one day all the time. SIN specifically. I think it costs 160-180 SGD using an agent to expedite it. There are multiple threads on the subject.
      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• waarmstrong
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
        Huh?

People get Sosbuds in one day all the time. SIN specifically. I think it costs 160-180 SGD using an agent to expedite it. There are multiple threads on the subject.
        Been a while, but if I remember correctly its a matter of money versus time -- pay an agent for same day service or pay for an overnight in Singapore. We used the money on a room and picked up the visa the next day before returning. Maybe the do it yourself route can be done in one day, but not our experience.

Comment

• andycharles
          • Mar 2014

If I may a second, Id like to expand on the work side as im on the subject here. I have a TESOL but no degree. I have just come across a post that you need a degree to be able to teach under TESOL! Is this correct?

Thought could do a one day in KL for SOSBUD but will be there a week anyway. Hey all. Thanks for all the replies

Comment

• martindo
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
            Been a while, but if I remember correctly its a matter of money versus time -- pay an agent for same day service or pay for an overnight in Singapore. We used the money on a room and picked up the visa the next day before returning. Maybe the do it yourself route can be done in one day, but not our experience.
            That's basically the tradeoff. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago that NYC Consulate said they could no longer do an overnight for SosBud or Bisnis. Now they say 2 business days is standard for those or VITAS.

Comment

• fastpitch17
              • Sep 2012

In KL, if you get there early enough on day one and before the numbers run out, you can pick up the next day. If you get there after the numbers run out you need to come back the next day before the numbers run out and still wait until the following day to pick up.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• marcus
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by andycharles View Post
                Q1. Can you definitively state can the VOA be extended at all or not??

Q1.1. Looking at imigrasi.go.id there are listed visit visa (this the VOA?),

Q1.2. limited stay visa(Only if married - sec 1 d??), ...

To do what I plan, what now is my best route
                Q2. To enable me to visit for 3-6 months to get settled and married?

Q3. The route regarding visas once married

Q4. Can the partner of a citizen now legally work or would I have to go through the 'Expert' manpower field...

Q4.1. ... So as to working, as I can get jobs that foreigners are allowed to do, how would I do this?

Q4.2. Partner sponsored= no work
                work sponsored=work
                but both KITAS

Q4.3. can I have a kitas marriage and a kitas work visa together???

Q4.4. If I have a work kitas and I stop work do I just change to a wife sponsor kitas.

Q4.5. Do married foreigners ever become citizens as such and allowed to work?

Q4.6. I have a TESOL but no degree. I have just come across a post that you need a degree to be able to teach under TESOL! Is this correct?

Q5. What is the status regarding 'return' tickets these days?

Q5.1. I take it a ferry out or a hop to Malaysia, Singapore would be fine?

terima kasi

Andy
                Q1. The Visa-on-Arrival (except the free one for Asian citizens) is for 30 days and can be extended for 30 days more .

Q1.1. No . Visit Visa includes : Tourist Visa , Social Cultural & Family Visit Visa , Business Visa .

Q1.2. This is the VITAS (Visa for a KITAS) , which is for many purposes .

Q2. The best option is the single entry Social Cultural Visit Visa , initially for 60 days but can be extended 4 times , up to 180 days total . An Indonesian sponsor is required for it .

Q3. Depends on your particular situation . For example , if you find a job , the employer will take care of your "work" KITAS .

Q4. This subject is still being discussed . For a normal company job , you will have to deal with Manpower office for a Work Permit . For other situation , better make a specific question later on .

Q4.1. The usual "work" KITAS + Work Permit , or , if allowed by your local Manpower office , KITAS sponsored by spouse + Work Permit .

Q4.2. There are many "types" of KITAS , depending on the sponsor . About Indonesian spouse sponsored KITAS , there is now a discussion about some specific works the foreign spouse could do , without a Work Permit .

Q4.3. No .

Q4.4. You can do that , besides other options .

Q4.5. Any foreign (married or not) can become an Indonesian citizen , but after 5 continuous years (or 10 years) in Indonesia .

Q4.6. I guess so .

Q5. See references below .

Q5.1. Any ticket for going out of Indonesia is acceptable .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...608#post337608 (ticket , post no.58)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...12650-Question ,ticket

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ne-way-flights , outward ticket

Comment

• andycharles
                  • Mar 2014

Marcus

Thank you, That is a big big help to just have it all clarified in one place.

It does seem a bit crazy that a husband is supposed to support and care for his wife but is not allowed to work even if married!! I do hope the 'discussion' turns into something. When you say 'discussion' is this being discussed before parliament or something? What are they outlining as a proposal?

So if one becomes a citizen, I take it one could then work without any problem?

Also Marcus, if I may pick your brain on your reply you state
                  Q4.5. Any foreign (married or not) can become an Indonesian citizen , but after 5 continuous years (or 10 years) in Indonesia .

What is the difference as in can get it in 5, can get it in 10??

Cheers all

Comment

• marcus
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by andycharles View Post
                    (a) ... When you say 'discussion' is this being discussed before parliament or something? What are they outlining as a proposal?

(b) So if one becomes a citizen, I take it one could then work without any problem?

(c) What is the difference as in can get it in 5, can get it in 10??
                    Cheers all

(a) There is already a Law (about Immigration) giving to holders of KITAS and KITAP (sponsored by Indonesian spouse) the right to work and do business . But there is nothing else detailing this "right" . Immigration wants to define the "right" only for "informal work" , which is not defined in any regulation yet . And Manpower Department seems to be against the Immigration's idea .
                    There are some threads with more details about this , in this Forum .

(b) Yes .

(c) Continuous 5 years is "defined" by Immigration as 5 years with KITAS or KITAP , without any "Exit Only Permit" (EPO) in between . EPO is used to cancel one KITAS (or KITAP) and is used sometimes , for example , to change one "work" KITAS to another "work" KITAS , when changing employer , for example .
                    Last edited by marcus; 16-04-14, 22:13.

Comment

• martindo
                      • Mar 2014

As noted in the thread about Online Application, I received a Tanda Pembayaran via email today, approving my request for a telex to be sent to an overseas consulate of my choice in order to obtain a VITAS via my Indonesian wife for my next entry into Indonesia. However, there are no instructions for payment other than "show up at Gedung Sentra Mulia within 7 days or this approval becomes invalid."

A section Perhatian lists 6 items that I need to bring along with this initial approval:
                      1. Green folder ("map" in Indonesian, borrowed from Dutch, I believe)
                      2. Copy of rekomendasi dari instansi terkait -- for this category online, I uploaded foreign marriage cert + catatan sipil. Is that combination likely to be acceptable for the next step of the process as well?
                      3. COLOR copy of passport -- does this refer only to the ID page, or to each visa stamp? The visa stamps were required for the online process up to this point and I'm aware that they're needed for the actual ITAS after entry, but the indications only say "paspor berwarna" here.
                      4. ORIGINAL Surat Kuasa -- I assume this needs to be signed by my wife designating someone else to make the payment for her in Jakarta. Can this be a non-citizen such as myself? If not, does the Indonesian designated as "kuasa" need to bring anything other than his/her KTP?
                      5. ORIGINAL Surat jaminan -- There is a sample of this at the start of the long thread by Atlantis on ITAS/ITAP conversion.
                      6. ORIGINAL Surat permohonan -- Referred to by Atlantis, but I don't see a sample other than what a friend sent me. Looks very similar to jaminan in terms of stating basic info, but the narrative has different text. Can anyone point me to a sample?

Finally, the cost of flying to Jakarta, taxi, etc. is way more than the RP 50,000 fee for the telex/wire. I'm wondering if it would be worth the gamble to send a wesel plus documents via TIKI. If it fails, I still have a few weeks to restart the process and buy the plane ticket to Jakarta. Has anyone in this group ever sent a wesel to a government office in Jakarta? Or, better yet, does anyone know the bank account for making a simple domestic transfer to pay the telex fee?

Thanks.

Comment

• marcus
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by martindo View Post
                        2. Copy of rekomendasi dari instansi terkait -- for this category online, I uploaded foreign marriage cert + catatan sipil. Is that combination likely to be acceptable for the next step of the process as well?
                        3. COLOR copy of passport -- does this refer only to the ID page, or to each visa stamp? ...
                        4. ORIGINAL Surat Kuasa -- I assume this needs to be signed by my wife designating someone else to make the payment for her in Jakarta. Can this be a non-citizen such as myself? ...
                        5. ORIGINAL Surat jaminan -- There is a sample of this at the start of the long thread by Atlantis on ITAS/ITAP conversion.
                        6. ORIGINAL Surat permohonan -- Referred to by Atlantis, but I don't see a sample other than what a friend sent me. Looks very similar to jaminan in terms of stating basic info, but the narrative has different text. Can anyone point me to a sample?

A ... Has anyone in this group ever sent a wesel to a government office in Jakarta? Or, better yet, does anyone know the bank account for making a simple domestic transfer to pay the telex fee?

Thanks.

2. In this Forum there is no example of a VITAS "pre-approval" process , so I don't know for sure . But what Kantor Imigrasi has been requiring are :
                        - Marriage certificate (+ Catatan Sipil's certificate , if the case) ;
                        - Catatan Sipil's (or KUA's) letter stating you are still married ;
                        - Your Embassy's letter of non impediment to marry and/or your Embassy's letter stating their knowledge of your marriage (this if you didn't marry in your own country) .

3. I don't know . Color copies are not required when getting a KITAS through Sosbud Visa .

4. I think you don't need a surat kuasa , but better bring one anyway as it is easy to make it .

5/6. What I saw in Atlantis post was the "Surat Permohonan" (which we sometimes refer as the "sponsor's letter") .

The "Surat Jaminan" we normally use , for KITAS from Sosbud Visa and Sosbud extensions , is a kind of form provided by Kantor Imigrasi (see below) :

Surat Perminntaan dan Jaminan

Yang bertanda tangan di bawah ini :
                        Nama :
                        Tempat/tgl.lahir :
                        Pekerjaan :
                        Penghasilan setahun :
                        Kewarganegaraan :
                        K.T.P. :
                        Paspor/Dokim :
                        Alamat / Tempat tinggal :

Dengan hormat mengajukan permintaan ......................untuk orang asing .
                        Nama :
                        Kewarganegaraan :
                        Paspor / Dokim :
                        Pengikut / hubungan kel. :

Sebagai sponsor yang bertanggung jawab penuh atas segala :
                        1. Tingkah laku dari orang asing yang bersangkutan selama di Indonesia.
                        2. Biaya yang tinbul akibat keberadaan orang asing yang bersangkutan sampai dengan pemulangan ke negara asal.

Demikian permintaan dan jaminan saya buat dengan sesungguhnya dan jika Keterangan di atas tidak sesuai dengan kenyataan serta tidak memenuhi tanggung jawab , saya bersedia dituntut sesuai dengan ketentuan yang berlaku.

(city's name) , (date)

(sponsor's signature over a Rp6'000 stamp)
                        (sponsor's name)

-----------------------------------

A. I never did and never heard of anybody who did it .

Comment

• martindo
                          • Mar 2014

See update to the the thread about online facility.

Comment

• Danny Dangler
                            • Jul 2008

Expat visa.

Does this visa allow the expat to work in Indonesia?I retired to the UK last year but would like to carry on working for a couple of years. I work on instrumentation construction in O&G.My wife has been refused entry to the UK so aim to settle in Indonesia.Danny.

Comment

• Jaime C
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Danny Dangler View Post
                              Does this visa allow the expat to work in Indonesia?I retired to the UK last year but would like to carry on working for a couple of years. I work on instrumentation construction in O&G.My wife has been refused entry to the UK so aim to settle in Indonesia.Danny.
                              Being able to work on this visa is somewhat debatable. While informal work (for your wife's company, or *perhaps* teaching english privately, etc) has indicated by Atlantis and others, I don't think there is a formal legal judgement on it.

If you working for another company, I think you'd need to have them sponsor your working visa.
                              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• marcus
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Danny Dangler View Post
                                Does this visa allow the expat to work in Indonesia?...

First a clarification : KITAS is a Temporary Residency Permit's card , not exactly a Visa . You first get a Visa in an Indonesian Embassy , enter Indonesia , then later you can convert the Visa (in reality the entry permit related to the Visa) into a ITAS/KITAS .

Regarding your question , the ITAS/KITAS sponsored by an Indonesian spouse was issued before only for "no work" purposes , but lately a new Law was issued and a lot of discussion started (see item Q4. of post 1192 above) .
                                if you intend to work as an employee of an Indonesian based company , it should be simpler to just let your employer get you the KITAS + Work Permit (both sponsored by the employer) , as usual for foreign workers in general .
                                If you insist in getting the KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse , then you will need to talk to the Immigration and Manpower officers first , in order to know what they say about your specific case .

Comment

Working...
                                X