X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcus
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by amewburn View Post
    (1) ... When we asked to buy the required documents, we were told "Kosong Pak."

(2) ... the required documents are TA 01 and TA 03. Does anyone know if they can be downloaded?

(3) I am trying to do this myself because the agents I talk to all say I have to wait 4 months before the process can be started. On this forum Atlantis states that is no longer true, but I can't find where to download that UU.

(1) If you mean "documents" = forms + folder , they are normally free now and you can get them in any other Kantor Imigrasi .

(2) These documents are not required for spouse sponsored KITAS ( they are probably documents from Manpower Department , for a "work" KITAS) . I could not read the other required documents because your photo is not clear enough .

Below is the official list of required documents , but each Kantor Imigrasi may ask for some additional documents (proof that you are still married , for example) .

---------------------------------------

PP31/2013
    Pasal 142 (2)
    b. bagi Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 141 ayat (1) huruf e, meliputi:
    1. surat permohonan dari suami atau istri yang warga negara Indonesia;
    2. Paspor Kebangsaan yang sah dan masih berlaku;
    3. surat keterangan domisili;
    4. fotokopi akta perkawinan atau buku nikah;
    5. fotokopi surat bukti pelaporan perkawinan dari kantor catatan sipil untuk pernikahan yang dilangsungkan di luar negeri;
    6. fotokopi kartu tanda penduduk suami atau istri warga negara Indonesia yang masih berlaku; dan
    7. fotokopi kartu keluarga suami atau istri yang warga negara Indonesia.

---------------------------------------

(3) The new rules are now : UU no.6 , Tahun 2011 (# starting from Article 56) , and PP no.31 , Tahun 2013 (# starting from Article 166) . # about conversion of Visit Visa into KITAS
    Last edited by marcus; 08-03-14, 11:13.

Comment

• amewburn
      • Jul 2008

Thanks a lot Marcus. I meant the documents mentioned in number 3 of Atlantis's post.
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Here is the way to do it:[/FONT]

[/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]. The foreign husband get a Visa Kunjungan SosBud abroad, and get an Izin Kunjungan delivered for a first leg of 60 days at the port of entrance.[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]2[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]. The foreigner goes to his local KanIm (no mandatory waiting period of 4 months), along with his indonesian wife to apply for the conversion of his izin kunjungan in an ITAS. (Pasal 47 & Pasal 48* PP nomor 32 thn 1994)[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]3.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] The sponsor "buys" the needed forms (IDR 10K to IDR 25K) and fills a written demand. A "Riwayat Hidup" of the foreigner, a bank statement showing that the couple has enough funds to live 1 full year in Indonesia should be joined.

We have everything else it is possible to have except for those. My wife will be going back there on Monday by herself, I hope it will be ok. I have developed a triple hernia or 3 separate hernias, and just driving around here where the roads are just pot holes after the rain is a pain in the guts.

Thanks again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Jaime C
        • Jan 2011

The forms are free now. Never asked for financial forms, CV, etc
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• marcus
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by amewburn View Post
          [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
          ... My wife will be going back there on Monday by herself, I hope it will be ok.
          Thanks again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

You probably need to go there just for the interview (if the case) and at the end of the process to take a photo and fingerprints .

Regarding Atlantis post , nowadays things have changed a little . As already told by Jaime above , some things are not usually requested anymore , and some new things started to be requested . The Police's SKLD , for example , is not necessary too .

Comment

• amewburn
            • Jul 2008

BTW. The picture was too big to post, so I had to reduce it in size. If you copy and paste it to your desktop, then open it with Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer, then go to resize and blow it up by 200% you will be able to read it easily.

Comment

• martindo
              • Mar 2014

Regarding amewburn post #1172, I went to Solo Imigrasi this morning and was advised by a senior official (3 stripes on her uniform) that konversi from Sosbud would be long and onerous, involving my wife traveling to the provincial capital of Semarang and then Jakarta. She recommended requesting a letter from Dirjen that would authorize a VITAS granted by a Konsulat (e.g., Singapore, New York) while I was abroad (which I plan to be in about 9 weeks). She showed me a sample -- at one time, they were sent by telex, but she implied I should fetch it in person after requesting it.

How have others obtained this letter of authorization? Recommendations? I may have occasion to fly to Jakarta late in April, but I'd rather not. Another participant in this forum told me he paid an agent for his first such letter, then processed all subequent renewals on his own.

Comment

• martindo
                • Mar 2014

BTW, Dirjen released stats for their total take during 2013: 1.8 trilyun, of which over 1 trilyun is from Visa on Arrival plus 21 milyar from other visas, while 2.7 million RI passports earned 676 milyar:
                Last edited by martindo; 13-03-14, 16:50. Reason: clarification

Comment

• marcus
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by martindo View Post
                  (1) ... I went to Solo Imigrasi .. and was advised by a senior official .. that konversi from Sosbud would be long and onerous,

(2) involving my wife traveling to the provincial capital of Semarang

(3) and then Jakarta.

(4) She recommended requesting a letter from Dirjen that would authorize a VITAS granted by a Konsulat (e.g., Singapore, New York) while I was abroad (which I plan to be in about 9 weeks)... How have others obtained this letter of authorization? ...

(5) Recommendations? ...

(1) It may take a long time (around 2 months if you deal with Jakarta's immigration office by courier/mail) , but not onerous . Many of the Forum members have done that (including me) .

(2) It is true , but maybe you can try dealing with the provincial immigration office by courier/mail too .

(3) Many Forum members have dealt with Jakarta's immigration office by courier/mail (including me) . See my case in the link below (It was a KITAP case , but it is similar to a KITAS case) .

(4) You can do that way too , but will will need somebody (you , a relative , an agent) to go personally to the Jakarta's immigration office , after the "pre-approval" is ready . You can apply through the internet , then later , present some documents and pay Rp50'000 fee to the Jakarta's immigration office (see how in the links below) .

(5) As you said that in 9 weeks you will go abroad , the time for you to convert the Sosbud into a KITAS (around 2 months) + get a Exit Re-entry Permit (around 4 days) is a little risky .
                  So you could travel abroad first , get another Sosbud (sponsored by your Indonesian spouse) and do the conversion after returning from the trip .

Or go for the "pre-approval" of the VITAS in Jakarta (around 10 days) , and later convert it into a KITAS .

I am not sure , but the VITAS conversion into a KITAS may also require you to deal with the province's immigration office in Semarang , similarly as when you convert the Sosbud into a KITAS .
                  If you choose the VITAS way , be informed that you will have only 7 days (or 30 days ??) to apply for the KITAS at your city's immigration office . For people living far from Jakarta , I would recommend the Sosbud way , like most of the Forum members have done without any major problem .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/32687-ITAP-KITAP-due-to-marriage-with-an-Indonesian
                  (real case of KITAS to KITAP , similar to Sosbud to KITAS)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/33066-Online-visit-visa-application
                  (online request of visa's "pre-approval" , how)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/24148-Be-a-sponsor-for-2-persons-is-it-possible?p=256796#post256796
                  (visa request through the internet)
                  Last edited by marcus; 14-03-14, 14:12.

Comment

• amewburn
                    • Jul 2008

I got a VITAS in Australia through an agent in Karawang. It was faxed to Perth and still took three days and almost $200. I came back in thinking I was ok for a year, but the agent neglected to tell me I had to go back to Karawang for a MERP. My uncle in Australia got sick and I had to do a quick trip there again. When I came back to Indonesia at about 4am, they wouldn't let me back in. In the end I had to pay for a VOA to get back in.

My wife went to Kanim Bekasi on Monday last, as mentioned in my previous post, she was also told it would take a long time, but because out paperwork was ok, (Except she did have to get documents from them and fill them in) she should return on Wednesday, pay, and collect the paperwork and take it to Bandung. So she went back Wednesday, only to be told that because we had been married in Semarang, they had to write to Semarang and confirm the information, and that they would call her. But nothing so far.

I will keep posting events as they happen so that others can know what to expect.

Comment

• martindo
                      • Mar 2014

Thanks, Marcus. Please see my new thread specifically focused on the online application facility.

After arriving with a VITAS, you have only 7 days to report and start the local Kan Im process.

Comment

• andycharles
                        • Mar 2014

Best route to visit Indonesia to get married and live in Indonesia?

Hello Everyone

Firstly, thanks for the site. Excellent. But I have a few questions..

I plan to move to Indonesia next year to get married to my partner who is Indonesian. I am trying to work out the best way to do all this. My plan was to come on the Visa on Arrival for 30 days then extend that for 30 days.....as your Visa page says when discussing VOA only "The Visa on Arrival are for persons who are visiting Indonesia for a short period (30-60 days)" but it then says 2 paragraphs further that "only the tourist VOA can not be extended"

Q1. Can you definitively state can the VOA be extended at all or not??

So after arriving I was planning to get married, sort out the visas then settle down and get a job. However, the job front looks tricky after reading this site. Looking at imigrasi.go.id there are listed visit visa (this the VOA?), limited stay visa(Only if married - sec 1 d??), visits residence permit, limited stay permit (ITAS) permanent residence, limited stay permit/permanent stay marital subject. so, if I may call on your collective brains for some succinct answers...

To do what I plan, what now is my best route

Q2. To enable me to visit for 3-6 months to get settled and married?

Q3. The route regarding visas once married

Q4. Can the partner of a citizen now legally work or would I have to go through the 'Expert' manpower field.

Q5. What is the status regarding 'return' tickets these days? especially as 'open tickets' no longer seem available, I take it a ferry out or a hop to Malaysia, Singapore would be fine?

Many thanks for all your advice in advance. I am sure I will be back to ask lots as time goes on.

I know there has been developments in the last few years on all of these areas I have been getting very confused with new and old legislations over the forums confusing me.....doesn't take much!!

I have seen lots of posts with procedures, so this, take that with this, 2 days later do this with 2 copies of that signed by your wife's fathers grandparents second brothers third uncle and all of that........ lol...sorry.....but not a simple basic before you arrive you need this then you can convert it to this and then this. Id be obliged

terima kasi

Andy

Comment

• martindo
                          • Mar 2014

Return ticket is rarely enforced in my experience. Everyone knows it's cheap enough to fly to Singapore.

I will defer to those with clearer legal expertise to answer your questions.

Are you aware that it is illegal (since Suharto era) to marry someone of a different religion in Indonesia? If you want to keep separate religions, get married outside of Indonesia and then register the marriage at Catatan Sipil. You might also want to do a prenup if you plan to buy land.

Comment

• fastpitch17
                            • Sep 2012

Q1 and Q2...If you plan on converting your visit visa to another more permanent type you should not get the VOA. Get a Sosbud visa sponsored by your to be wife and then later she can sponsor you as your wife. This will be good for 60 days and renewable 4 more times for 30 days each without needing to leave the country.
                            Q3...Once married you can apply for a 1 year KITAS sponsored by and Indonesian wife.
                            Processes for the above visas are located in this thread

Q4.... Depends on what you want to do and for whom. I would enter into this thinking no unless your wife has her own small business you could help with.
                            Q5...doesn't seem anyone as of late who has spoken about their process have been asked for a return ticket.
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• andycharles
                              • Mar 2014

ok. Thanks.

I was thinking that cos of the sponsorship n all that I could do that in KL in a day for the sosbud after the 30 day voa has run out as need go KL anyway.

So as to working, as I can get jobs that foreigners are allowed to do, how would I do this?
                              can I have a kitas and a work visa together???

Thanks for your speedy responses guys

Comment

• fastpitch17
                                • Sep 2012

For work your company would need to obtain a work permit from manpower for you.

You will not get a sosbud in one day. Minimum 2 and normally 3 days for many.
                                [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X