KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jaime C
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 5235

    If they said it will be done on Friday, they're usually correct. It took about a week, for us earlier this month. In Bandung, they told us it would be ready in 8-10 business days. Don't forget your MERP if you'll be exiting the country.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

    Comment

    • marcus
      Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 9251

      Originally posted by badaktempur View Post
      (1) ... how long usually will take for ditjenim to issue the approval letter? ...

      (2) VKSB also expired on jan 20th but we enclosed the penangguhan letter on our kitas application.

      (3) ... waiting time from ditjen can be more that 14 days, should i just go back to kanim, ask for the passport back and apply for visa extension so we can fly to medan? will it interrupt the kitas application?

      (1) My last DirJenIm's approval letter took 7 working days .

      (2) I had a "Penangguhan" for my KITAS , but Kantor Imigrasi did it by themselves without my request . It is the first time I heard about a "Penangguhan" for a Sosbud Visa . Did Kantor Imigrasi ask you to enclose the "Penanggunan" (postponing) request letter or the "Perpanjangan" (extension) request letter ??

      (3) It should be good to clarify this situation with your Kantor Imigrasi (Kanim) , as some posters had to do the Sosbud extension .

      I had many immigration processes at Kantor Imigrasi , and in all cases they kept my passport until the end of the processes . But there was one poster that said his/her Kantor Imigrasi didn't do that , so you will need to ask there . Anyway , are you sure you will need the passport to fly to Medan ? I suppose just a copy of the passport is enough to travel inside Indonesia . You can also carry the KITAS request receipt (Tanda Terima Permohonan ITKSB/KITAS) , which may be considered as an evidence that your passport is with Immigration .
      Last edited by marcus; 23-01-14, 11:37.

      Comment

      • marcus
        Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 9251

        Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
        ... Don't forget your MERP if you'll be exiting the country.

        MERP or SERP .

        Comment

        • bad_azz
          Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 7175

          I just went to collect my KITAS. I had everything ready for the MERP application.
          Not that I intend to be coming & going from Indonesia...
          Anyway- I was asked - do you want a MERP or SERP?
          HUH said me, I thought it was compulsory now for a KITAS holder to have the MERP... apparently not... as of yet.
          Or at least not as far as Bandung's KanIm are concerned- I was told .. If you do not intend to leave/ have no plans to then don't bother getting a permit until you need one, then just get the SERP.
          So I sweetly said to him that I was confused... I asked if I had misunderstood the new law and explained that I wanted to be sure all my papers were in order & that I did not want any problems or complications later...
          He said no problem looked blank when I mentioned the UU and implemented last year.

          To cut long story short, I decided 'stuff it' - and went & spent the 1 juta on some wood for me kitchen cabinets.
          Cicak Magnet

          Comment

          • Jaime C
            Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 5235

            Originally posted by marcus View Post
            MERP or SERP .
            Ah, someone had told me SERPs were no longer available.
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

            Comment

            • bad_azz
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 7175

              Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
              Ah, someone had told me SERPs were no longer available.
              I got confused... cos I read loads in here and my 2 remaining brain cells fuse...



              <<, re the mandatory permit... that isn't , as of yet- in Bandung.
              As for the erps serps merps = arrrrgh lol!

              I am sure I read somewhere- but can't find it, that the serp was becoming obsolete... but maybe I just dreamt it stranger things have happened.

              Anyway- my wood has jus been delivered and smells lovely... just waiting for hubby to transform it into cabinets
              Cicak Magnet

              Comment

              • marcus
                Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 9251

                Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                Ah, someone had told me SERPs were no longer available.
                This subject was discussed before . The UU6/2011 gave us the idea that only MERP would be available (see below) , but in practice it seems not be like that . See above what bad_azz just experienced , I got a SERP some 14 months ago , and I didn't see anybody saying a SERP was denied .


                -------------------------------------------


                UU6/2011 , Pasal 64

                (1) Izin Masuk Kembali diberikan kepada Orang Asing pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas atau Izin Tinggal
                Tetap.
                (2) Pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas diberikan Izin Masuk Kembali yang masa berlakunya sama dengan masa berlaku Izin Tinggal terbatas.
                (3) Pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap diberikan Izin Masuk Kembali yang berlaku selama 2 (dua) tahun sepanjang tidak melebihi masa berlaku Izin Tinggal Tetap.
                (4) Izin Masuk Kembali berlaku untuk beberapa kali perjalanan.
                Last edited by marcus; 24-01-14, 10:16.

                Comment

                • badaktempur
                  Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 18

                  Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  (1) My last DirJenIm's approval letter took 7 working days .

                  (2) I had a "Penangguhan" for my KITAS , but Kantor Imigrasi did it by themselves without my request . It is the first time I heard about a "Penangguhan" for a Sosbud Visa . Did Kantor Imigrasi ask you to enclose the "Penanggunan" (postponing) request letter or the "Perpanjangan" (extension) request letter ??

                  (3) It should be good to clarify this situation with your Kantor Imigrasi (Kanim) , as some posters had to do the Sosbud extension .

                  I had many immigration processes at Kantor Imigrasi , and in all cases they kept my passport until the end of the processes . But there was one poster that said his/her Kantor Imigrasi didn't do that , so you will need to ask there . Anyway , are you sure you will need the passport to fly to Medan ? I suppose just a copy of the passport is enough to travel inside Indonesia . You can also carry the KITAS request receipt (Tanda Terima Permohonan ITKSB/KITAS) , which may be considered as an evidence that your passport is with Immigration .
                  thanks marcus! sorry i put it wrong, my wife's VKSB expired on december and i already did first renewal visa n its expired on January 20th, so they ask me to make letter of penangguhan (postponing) of ITS-ITAS application because the kitas will not be finish before january 20th.


                  Yeap i just got back from kanwil and ditjenim. arrived at kanwil too early most of them were still having lunch so i waited at the nearby canteen and had lunch also. then i went to meet pak yana to get the letter, its ready. i go directly to ditjenim in their new building 11th floor, the lady said "oooh that kanwil people still havent CLICK on one of the application process program, u have to call them and ask them to click it". i was stunned, but i remember reading that similar problem on this thread so i tried to call them but useless. So i just go back to kanwil and meet pak yana again, he was there and apologize to me "sorry bro, limited personnel and there are piles of documents, just sit and wait a moment". few minutes later he called me and "ur wife's application is done!". as the time was 3.10pm today i immediately go to ditjenim again n hoping that theyre not gone yet. the counter closed but the lady still sit inside, i knocked n she was stunned i just travel to ditjenim - kanwil - ditjenim less than an hour, luckily i was using motorcycle so i can do lots of tricks on surviving jakarta's traffic. she processed it and told me to get the letter on February 4th.


                  Im not sure about flying using receipt or copy of passport because i havent experience it myself, but that would be my plan B. i will see whether the kitas and MERP will finished before feb 14th or not, if somewhere along the way it will not finish on time i will go to kanim before that and ask them, n probably apply for 2nd extension just to get the passport back for awhile and able to fly domestic

                  Comment

                  • bad_azz
                    Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 7175

                    I flew to Bali and to Lombok without a passport a couple of weeks ago, I used Airasia, Merpati & Wings/Lionair. At no point was I asked for my passport, I did show my SIM card though as a means of ID, A photocopy of passport + the KanIm receipt should be perfectly acceptable too.
                    Sorry to go off topic... but felt it worth sharing.
                    Cicak Magnet

                    Comment

                    • monic
                      Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 28

                      Can anyone inform/help me?

                      How long does it take or how long do we have to wait from the moment we apply for VITAS online until they invite is or until we can go to the immigration office for next proedures?
                      thanks

                      Comment

                      • marcus
                        Member
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 9251

                        Originally posted by badaktempur View Post
                        (a) thanks marcus! sorry i put it wrong, my wife's VKSB expired on december and i already did first renewal visa n its expired on January 20th, so they ask me to make letter of penangguhan (postponing) of ITS-ITAS application because the kitas will not be finish before january 20th.

                        (b) ... i will see whether the kitas and MERP will finished before feb 14th or not, if somewhere along the way it will not finish on time i will go to kanim before that and ask them, n probably apply for 2nd extension just to get the passport back for awhile and able to fly domestic

                        (a) I am still confused . the "Penangguhan" I got was a postponing of the KITAS expiration date , but as you said , your "Penangguhan" was for the postponing of the KITAS application . Could you show us relevant part of the "Penangguhan" request letter that you wrote (just the purpose/reason part) ?

                        (b) The MERP (or SERP) request is a separated request , after you get the KITAS , so I think you will not have the time for that until 14 February . If you are not going to travel to a foreign country soon , you can do this later .

                        Comment

                        • marcus
                          Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 9251

                          Originally posted by monic View Post
                          Can anyone inform/help me?

                          How long does it take or how long do we have to wait from the moment we apply for VITAS online until they invite is or until we can go to the immigration office for next proedures?
                          thanks

                          I guess , around 7 working days .


                          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...sa-application (online visa request , how)

                          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...796#post256796 (visa request through the internet)

                          Comment

                          • monic
                            Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 28

                            Originally posted by marcus View Post
                            I guess , around 7 working days .


                            http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...sa-application (online visa request , how)

                            http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...796#post256796 (visa request through the internet)
                            thanks a lot. So I will get an invitation letter from them?

                            Comment

                            • marcus
                              Member
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 9251

                              Originally posted by monic View Post
                              thanks a lot. So I will get an invitation letter from them?
                              I never did this , but from some posts I guess Immigration will advise you when to come to its office for presenting some original documents , getting a copy of the "telex Visa"/"Calling Visa" , and pay Rp50'000 .

                              Comment

                              • Jaime C
                                Member
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 5235

                                I just got my Kitas today. Came prepared with the MERP forms filled out, so I wouldn't lose a trip coming here.

                                For some unexplainable reason, the Bandung Imigrasi refuses to issue me a yearlong MERP. I have 9+ years left of validity on my passport. I applied for the MERP on the same day I got it back from getting my Kitas. Now, I'm going to have to apply and pay for multiple MERPs? Not a happy camper at all.

                                I realize that sometimes the MERP isn't issued for a complete year, and expires a month before the Kitas. They still refused.
                                Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X