Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brodee
    • May 2013

aha! it seems my file was completed in 3 days!!!...just waiting to find out if it has been sent or not...

Comment

• marcus
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by brodee
      ... She SMS' us today saying being sent today to imigrasi Jember..Will go there next Monday...
      In my case , it took 11 days to arrive .

Comment

• mrcibubur
        • Feb 2009

It is an injustice to DirJen to refer to them as in any way lazy or incompetent with the current system they operate and personnel they employ. Those of us who have journeyed to their Jakarta offices and met their personnel will only be too aware that they are a shining light in the new approach to the iimmigration process for foreigners. It is wholly unfortunate that those ex pats who do not have that advantage due to distance in travelling are not seeing things that way.

The current efficiency of DirJen goes beyond the tremendous call to duty of one specific young lady working in that Department who speaks first class English, is switched on for IT literacy and has command of her job in spite of its burden by the pressure put on her by foreigners who do not understand the system and expect too much too quickly. The apprehension I have is quirky in the sense that if her number is passed around to all and sundry ans almost whimsically, then this might bring some doubt to the minds of her employers, not for deserved promotion, but to whom her loyalty lies - legal compliance or serving the foreigners who harrass her by email, fax, phone and text messaging as well as personal visitation to the office. All in good time!

Comment

• brodee
          • May 2013

Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
          It is an injustice to DirJen to refer to them as in any way lazy or incompetent with the current system they operate and personnel they employ. Those of us who have journeyed to their Jakarta offices and met their personnel will only be too aware that they are a shining light in the new approach to the iimmigration process for foreigners. It is wholly unfortunate that those ex pats who do not have that advantage due to distance in travelling are not seeing things that way.

The current efficiency of DirJen goes beyond the tremendous call to duty of one specific young lady working in that Department who speaks first class English, is switched on for IT literacy and has command of her job in spite of its burden by the pressure put on her by foreigners who do not understand the system and expect too much too quickly. The apprehension I have is quirky in the sense that if her number is passed around to all and sundry ans almost whimsically, then this might bring some doubt to the minds of her employers, not for deserved promotion, but to whom her loyalty lies - legal compliance or serving the foreigners who harrass her by email, fax, phone and text messaging as well as personal visitation to the office. All in good time!
          yes you are right,sometimes frustration just wants to make you let of some steam.My file had been sitting in jakarta for 25 days..Even jember imigrasi has hundreds of customers through their doors and they do work fairly hard...I also felt a bit uneasy about seeing a personal phone number posted here but i could see myself paying another unnecessary visa extension and 6-8 hour round trip without taking advantage of it.And really grateful to have the opportunity to know her number..Maybe that post with the number should not have been allowed(sorry mariloustique!)...What do you mean by the 'personnel they employ' then,the number of workforce?

Comment

• mariloustique
            • Nov 2012

Mrcibubur :
            you're totally right, there is more than one competent person at DirJen ! Unfortunately, I have read so many posts on this forum written by people who were trying to get to talk to someone there but no one would ever pick up the phone. Going to DirJen in person sure makes it a lot easier to check on things. Unfortunately, not everybody can. Things would be easier if they didn't forget to tell KanWils about their change of addresses for a start. My letter got lost last year when I addressed it to the address given by Atlantis on his step by step, and they hadn't moved to another building then ! What about the letter this year ? I'm sure you understand some of us can get worried at times.
            Last edited by mariloustique; 20-11-13, 18:44.

Comment

• fastpitch17
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mariloustique View Post
              No worries, Brodee ! I did hesitate before giving you the number but I felt you were a little desperate. My mistake to have written the number on this forum.

Mrcibubur :
              you're totally right, there is more than one competent person at DirJen, I'm fully aware of that ! And you're right again, I should not have given that number. Unfortunately, I have read so many posts on this forum written by people who were trying to get to talk to someone there but no one would ever pick up the phone. Going to DirJen in person sure makes it a lot easier to check on things. Unfortunately, not everybody can. Things would be easier if they didn't forget to tell KanWils about their change of addresses for a start. My letter got lost last year when I addressed it to the address given by Atlantis on his step by step, and they hadn't moved to another building then ! What about the letter this year ? I'm sure you understand some of us can get worried at times.
              You can always edit your post and include that if anyone needs the number they should PM you.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• brodee
                • May 2013

trying to erase as i type........DONE
                Last edited by brodee; 20-11-13, 16:41.

Comment

• johntap
                  • Apr 2013

Has anyone heard of a sudden intense visit by immigration during a spouse kitas one to two extension?? this happened recently in Jakarta

Comment

• johntap
                    • Apr 2013

Further to my unreplied-to question above I wish to add that I never had a home visit when I got my spouse kitas. My friend did, and I wonder if this was just good luck on my part? The visit was friendly and somewhat pre-announced, which is good. The main thing is that it was very direct and probing - probably to detect whether it was not an arranged marriage?

The interesting thing about the matter I feel, is that the visit was probably triggered because my friends marital address did not match the wife's ktp? any comment on this?? It seems that after the successful visit we can now assume that addresses do not have to match?

Comment

• fastpitch17
                      • Sep 2012

1. No, I haven't heard
                      2. I had no visit for my KITAS

Comment

• brodee
                        • May 2013

finally got photo and fingerprinted yesterday just waiting till friday or so to pick up..thanks to everyone here.....

Comment

• atlantis
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by johntap View Post
                          Further to my unreplied-to question above I wish to add that I never had a home visit when I got my spouse kitas. My friend did, and I wonder if this was just good luck on my part? The visit was friendly and somewhat pre-announced, which is good. The main thing is that it was very direct and probing - probably to detect whether it was not an arranged marriage?
                          This is just what they should do each time for extension or first issuance.

Comment

• kingsleyhk
                            • Jun 2012

I would appreciate a little advice. I am married (almost 3 years) to an Indonesian lady. I am coming up for a renewal of my first KITAS (Jan 17 next year) and have just had a visit from two immigration people from our local office - Tasikmalaya. They advise me that to renew the KITAS for one year will cost Rp5million plus Rp2.5 million for a multiple reentry permit. However, if I go for a KITAP i.e. five years, it will cost me Rp20 million plus renewing the multiple reentry permit every two years - presumably for Rp2.5 million each time.

Can anyone tell me if these figures are correct? It's an issue for me since my pension is around Rp6 million a month - so these are big figures!

Many thanks in advance.
                            Last edited by kingsleyhk; 02-12-13, 19:05.

Comment

• fastpitch17
                              • Sep 2012

No, it will not cost even close to that. Someone should be along here to fill you in on the exact cost. Where are you located?

Comment

• atlantis
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kingsleyhk View Post
                                I would appreciate a little advice. I am married (almost 3 years) to an Indonesian lady. I am coming up for a renewal of my first KITAS (Jan 17 next year) and have just had a visit from two immigration people from our local office - Tasikmalaya. They advise me that to renew the KITAS for one year will cost Rp5million plus Rp2.5 million for a multiple reentry permit. However, if I go for a KITAP i.e. five years, it will cost me Rp20 million plus renewing the multiple reentry permit every two years - presumably for Rp2.5 million each time.

Can anyone tell me if these figures are correct? It's an issue for me since my pension is around Rp6 million a month - so these are big figures!

Many thanks in advance.
                                Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                                No, it will not cost even close to that. Someone should be along here to fill you in on the exact cost. Where are you located?
                                KITAS, first issuance or renewal: IDR 700.000 + IDR 55.000 for pictures and fingerptint.
                                KITAP, first issuance: IDR 3.000.000 + IDR 55.000 for pictures and fingerptint.

Ignore what they said to you. Just proceed to your Kantor Imigrasi and register your file to the loket. Don't pay anything to anyone, unless if it is the cashier and that a receipt is issued to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X