X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brodee
    • May 2013

Originally posted by DzulSiti View Post
    If it close to you just pay them a visit best still call them if you have their contact number like I do. Luckly for me he is friendly and helpfull.
    got my letter yesterday finally.Will go to Surabaya Mon. morning...

Comment

• brodee
      • May 2013

going to Kanwill Surabaya in the morning.The question i would like to ask is about sending their letter to jakarta,should i include extra prepaid envelopes so they will send them to me , kanwill and imigrasi,also will i have to return to Kanwill Surabaya again? I have read posts about this but i cant find them again.Any help would be gratefully appreciated,thanks!

Comment

• marcus
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by brodee View Post
        (a) ...The question i would like to ask is about sending their letter to jakarta,should i include extra prepaid envelopes so they will send them to me , kanwill and imigrasi

(b) ,also will i have to return to Kanwill Surabaya again? I have read posts about this but i cant find them again.Any help would be gratefully appreciated,thanks!
        (a) If you have enough time , just ask them to send it back to you or to Kantor Imigrasi (it will take around 10 days to arrive) . If you are in a hurry , then you can try to do that (I don't know of anybody who did that , though) . See how I did in my KITAP process , below .

(b) Lately one have been required to just bring to them/send the Jakarta's approval . I think you could just send it by courier or mail , but better confirm at Kantor Imigrasi that they do not expect any other letter from Kantor Wilayah . See my KITAP example below - by the way , KITAP process is the same as the KITAS process .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-an-Indonesian (example of KITAP process)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/16576-Conversion-of-an-ITAS-sponsored-by-an-Indonesian-spouse-in-an-ITAP-UU-6-2011(KITAP , how = KITAS , how)

Comment

• brodee
          • May 2013

probably have to extend my Sosbud in the meantime which expires on 6/11/13,might also have to go back to Bali yet and get a letter stating that i have informed them of my marriage....this travelling is killing me but at least the train was better......thanks 4 ur reply Marcus !

Comment

• DzulSiti
            • Dec 2012

going to Kanwill Surabaya in the morning.The question i would like to ask is about sending their letter to jakarta,should i include extra prepaid envelopes so they will send them to me , kanwill and imigrasi,also will i have to return to Kanwill Surabaya again? I have read posts about this but i cant find them again.Any help would be gratefully appreciated,thanks!
            I recently sent and pick up myself but I do not recommend to do it. You do need to return letter from Jakarta back to Surabaya Kanwil. Like senior Marcus have suggest you can do by mail(self envelope with correct stamp) back to yourself and another to Kanwil.
            Once this your application done you need to go back to your area immigration with the letter and paid the legal process fee. Base on my Sukabumi immigration I need to get STM & SKLD(but base on senior here it is no more require). Since I have done it and the officer did not say otherwise. I do it. Just yesterday when I apply for SKTT(photocopy of KITAS,Blue Book,Domisili letter,marriage book together with letter confirming the marriage and passport of your picture and kitas stamp ) to at CIPIL they ask for STM. Cipil told my wife the SKPPS and SKDLN is not necessary(any one have update on this?). For the SKTT need to pay Rp150K. Next I will go to update Kartu Keluarga and get NPWP for tax number(just wondering if we are not allow to work unless self employed what it is used for??). That what I have gone thru so far. Cheers.

Comment

• DzulSiti
              • Dec 2012

probably have to extend my Sosbud in the meantime which expires on 6/11/13,might also have to go back to Bali yet and get a letter stating that i have informed them of my marriage....this travelling is killing me but at least the train was better......thanks 4 ur reply Marcus !
              When I sent the application letter for KITAS from Sukabumi to Kanwil in Bandung. Kanwil ask me to renew my Sosbud(3rd) but my Sukabumi advice me not to. I am worried and ask him 2nd time and get same answer. So my sosbud did expire(28-Sep-2013) when I finally go back to Jakarta(30-Sep-2013) and get the approval letter it indicate as approve on 20-sep-2013. What the Sukabumi immigaration told me was right. So as long your local immigration said ok then its ok. Unless he pull a fast one.

Comment

• fastpitch17
                • Sep 2012

I believe that once the DitJenIm says OK, you are good to go and do not need to extend any other visa.
                [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• fastpitch17
                  • Sep 2012

When we turned in the paperwork to DitJenIm for my KITAS it seemed smooth. The girl was friendly and spoke pretty good English. She did ask for my document stating our Marrage was registered at the US Embassy. I told her it wasn't needed since we were married in the US. She agreed. She then asked if we had had a home inspection and I said no. She looked at the interview from KamIm and said Oh, no problem. Don't know what she seen but wasn't going to question it. That was that.

My approval letter from DitJenIm was to be ready last Friday 18/10/13. This was the day they said it would be ready by. 10 working days after turning in paperwork from KanIm and KanWil. We tried the number given at the beginning of this thread starting Wednesday to check if it was ready earlier then Friday so we could avoid some Friday traffic but over 100 tried Wednesday and Thursday morning with no answer we gave up. No answers for our SMS to the lady that took our application also. So, we just went on what they said and headed to DitJenIM on Friday. A different person took care of us. The girl who did the initial paperwork was out sick thus the reason no answer to our SMS. No reason for the phone never being answered. He gave up three envelopes. One for KamIm, one for KamWil, and one for me. I asked to verify that we needed to go to KamWil first and he said no. Go to KamIm first and KamWil any time after your KITAS is finished at KamIm. OK, this contradicts the information in this thread about going right away to KamWil. Hmm, decision time. OK, we will do as he ask and see what happens.

Went to KamIm with the approval from DitJenIm. First thing I asked was if I needed to take the envelope to KanWil first and he said no. Take any time. Unfortunately, the computer system was down at Selatan KamIm and they could take no payments or pictures. We were told we could wait but they didn't know when it would come up again. We left. monday morning SMSed KamIm and asked if ready, No, DitJenIm has not approved my KITAS yet in the computer. OK, this was mentioned here. Someone didn't hit complete on the computer. Back to calling the number were never got an answer on previously. Same this day. As were were heading outside to get a taxi to go to DitGenIm to have them click on a computer screen, we tried calling again. Hey, hey. Someone answered finally. Told him my problem, (my wife told him since he could speak no English) and he told her that it takes a couple days for them to get them all approved in the computer. Said he will personally bring it up and take care of it. Went and had a drink in the warung outside KamIm and then went back in to see if things were ready now. They were. So, paid, took care of pictures and fingerprints and were told it would be ready on Friday. OK, this Friday we will be back first thing in the morning. Asked about MERP and was told to take care of that after the KITAS was ready. Just going to get a 6 month one so no problem there except it will probably mean an additional trip to KamIm.

After leaving KamIm we decided to go drop off the KanWil envelope. We did that and all they did was look at it, said Thank You and that they would enter it in the system.

For anyone visiting the Jakarta Selatan KamIm I suggest you see Pak Febri. Great guy and takes care of you. No, he doesn't speak English but isn't afraid to grab someone who does to explain things to you. Gives you a SMS number to be able to check on things and, once you see him the first time you can just walk up to his counter without waiting for a number to be called.

So far for my KITAS I have around Rp 600,000 for Taxis and expenses, Rp700,000 KITAS Fee, and 7 hours invested.

Comment

• brodee
                    • May 2013

recieved my letter from Kanwill Surabaya today.The lovely girl asked if we were taking it to Jakarta personally,we said no..she said thats okay most people send it by JNE across the road!Also said Jakarta will send their letter to Kantor Imigrasi Jember...all good so far i hope.....

Comment

• zing8888
                      • Sep 2013

Dear Marcus ,

Now I am also applying for PENangguhan with the kantor imigrasi , will they stamp anything on my passport ? I had returned to kantor imigrasi yesterday but they did not do anything with my passport .They only issue me a letter to send to Kanwil and the letter is about my 5th kitas Application. My application of KITAP which is already one month ago. They only did an interview in the kantor imigrasi,last monday I went and they told me they will arrange for a house visit. The process for kitap will takes months so they ask me to do another KITAS first. Any good advice ?

Comment

• fastpitch17
                        • Sep 2012

When someone ask for assistance on this thread or any thread concerning immigration offices or other government offices it may be a good idea to list where you are trying to get things done. There may just be someone that has experience with the specific office you are trying to deal with.

Comment

• marcus
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by zing8888 View Post
                          Dear Marcus ,
                          Now I am also applying for PENangguhan with the kantor imigrasi , ...
                          I already wrote my opinion about the subject in response to your post in the other thread (http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-6-2011/page44) .

Please refrain from posting the same question in different threads . If I miss a post , better alert me through a private message .

Comment

• brodee
                            • May 2013

recieved my letter from Kanwill Surabaya today.The lovely girl asked if we were taking it to Jakarta personally,we said no..she said thats okay most people send it by JNE across the road!Also said Jakarta will send their letter to Kantor Imigrasi Jember...all good so far i hope.....
                            yesterday started my sosbud extension as it expires on 6-11,filledin all the forms(put the wrong month on my sponsor letter so imigrasi guy typed us a new one hehe..)and left the 250,000 with him so we didnt have to overnight in Jember again and he will do it for us,no need to go back until OK from Jakarta,plenty of time now to wait for SMS about finalising KITAS.. Doubt if the letter from Jakarta will arrive in time so it had to be done...So far 5 weeks +3 trips to Jember and 1 to Surabaya!

Comment

• Jaime C
                              • Jan 2011

Did you get a receipt for the 250?
                              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• brodee
                                • May 2013

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                                Did you get a receipt for the 250?
                                NO,because it was actually to early to pay when we were there,we would of had to come back the next day or so...we recieved an sms yesterday saying it is being paid on Monday..i'll let u know if we get ripped of or not,but the missus believes him and Javanese are pretty good at spotting bullshit hehe....

Comment

Working...
                                X