• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGodFather
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dzullkarnain View Post
    Hi All,
    I forget to inform which was not highlighted on the process of sosbud. On my 1st time extend of sosbud I was ask to take picture and scan all my fingers and also was ask to report to local police.Was this the norm? FYI,I saw a video from the internet where the director of Immigration dictate that any person who is legally married with WNI more then 2 years can apply for KITAP with out finish his/her KITAS. . But unfortunately it is in bahasa. Wish me luck on my application for KITAS.
    Well my first KITAS was sponsored by my company, then sponsored by my wife (who is an Indonesia Citizen), followed by my KITAAP, and now I don't get to the Immigration for another 5 years.

Reference to finger print and photo, yes this is the norm of the process. I guess so, as i did all those things, the first time I came here.

Comment

• mrcibubur
      • Feb 2009

What should be pretty apparent to Dzulkarnain is that the SOSBUD is obtained outside of Indonesia and is used an almost immediate stepping stone for KITAS 1 inside of Indonesia if you are married to an Indonesian national. KITAS 1 is renewed at the end of the year 1 into either KITAS 2 for another rolling year OR for a KITAP if you have been married to an Indonesian national for more than two years. As Godfather says, the process for conversion by either route has been fully explained by myself and Godfather among others, not least Marcus and Atlantis, and you should make yourself fully aware of all the Governmental Departments you must deal with (and where) and the change in Laws for which there are numerous links on the Forum.

The SOSBUD is not exclusive to a foreigner married to an Indonesian national but does require sponsorship from an Indonesian national and in those circumstances, or either circumstance as you so wish, you can choose NOT to convert and keep the SOSBUD rolling on month by month with extensions granted through Kantor Immigrasi and ultimately Kantor Wilayah and DirJen. Few of us proceed now with extensions because we have opted for either the KITAS or the KITAP. Fingerprints and digitalized photos are the norm now at most, if not all, Immigration offices, though I do not know if it has yet been implimented for SOSBUD. The big negative against keeping the SOSBUD would be potentially working inside of Indonesia either legally or illegally; working on a SOSBUD is strictly forbidden.

Comment

• marcus
        • Jul 2008

(1) ...On my 1st time extend of sosbud I was ask to take picture and scan all my fingers

(2) and also was ask to report to local police.Was this the norm?

(3) ..the director of Immigration dictate that any person who is legally married with WNI more then 2 years can apply for KITAP with out finish his/her KITAS...
        (1) This is normal at the first or the second extension .

(2) Immigration never told me that . In the past , the owner/responsible of the house where you live , was required to report you to the Police (and get a document named Surat Tanda Melapor/STM) . But just now , this document is not required anymore .

(3) Yes , after 2 years of marriage you can convert your KITAS into a KITAP .

Comment

• bundyrum
          • Dec 2009

sounds dodgy to me..a wife who sponsers is supposed to have money...but if u all say she needs none..ok...I'll ask Immigrasi...and an agent..cheers..

Comment

• TheGodFather
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bundyrum View Post
            sounds dodgy to me..a wife who sponsers is supposed to have money...but if u all say she needs none..ok...I'll ask Immigrasi...and an agent..cheers..
            Look mate, you are understanding everything wrong.....Well what we all meant was, the Bank Statement is not really required, not that she doesn't have money. This forum has helped me and others (if I may speak on their behalf). Do what you think will work the best for you and your wife, after all again this forum is here to help each other. Stop being so pessimist and move on.

Feel free to go and show your wife's bank statement with enough fun to please someone's eyes - please do share what happens next- We all share our experiences to facilitate other expats in Indonesia life's easier.

Comment

• bundyrum
              • Dec 2009

pessimistic is it

Comment

• bundyrum
                • Dec 2009

tas

pessimistic is it
                so we are saying master Atlantis is wrong..u don't need any money to have a kitas sponsered by yer wife..u don't need any money to live on..no statement nothing..ok thanx I need that agents name..it will save me money..supposedly the documents needed...is 1 of them some showing of money. showing u can live the year...I even got asked about life insurance.i am lost..and I listen to Atlantis.cheers.

Comment

• fastpitch17
                  • Sep 2012

Geesh, no one said you didn't need proof of being able to live for a year here. They said that it normally isn't asked for. The thing is, it doesn't need to be your wife's local bank account. It can be your bank account, retirement account or whatever. The accounts also do not have to be located here. They just need to show they are yours.

you mentioned above that your wife is your sponsor but you are on a retirement visa. Isn't the only sponsor allowed on a retirement visa the state approved agent? If your wife is your sponsor then something doggy there.
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• atlantis
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2008

so we are saying master Atlantis is wrong..u don't need any money to have a kitas sponsered by yer wife..u don't need any money to live on..no statement nothing..ok thanx I need that agents name..it will save me money..supposedly the documents needed...is 1 of them some showing of money. showing u can live the year...I even got asked about life insurance.i am lost..and I listen to Atlantis.cheers.
                    You just need to be able to prove that you have either a stable income (ex: salary, pension...etc) or enough money in a bank account anywhere in the world, and this only if it is asked, which nowadays very rarely happens. Yet, even if it would happen, Imigrasi would have have hard time to justify a refusal on this ground due to the article 61 UU 6/2011 which specifical;ly says that, being married to a WNI and holding an ITAS or ITAP sponsored by her/him authorizes you to provide for your family or set a small business operation. End of the story.

Prior to 2011 and the enactment of UU Keimigrasian, a bank statement from either the applicant or his/her WNI spouse was sometimes required, though rarely. You have to go back to the period 2006 to 2009 to find it as a requirement often checked. Past this period, I have no reports of Immigration routinely asking for it.

Agents are for the most and for the best incompetent. It doesn't surprise me that you managed to find a couple or more telling you that you still need to show that your wife has a certain amount of money on her account.

Comment

• bundyrum
                      • Dec 2009

well as usual all is gila...just came back from Immigarsi..got a ph0tocopy of what's needed...nothing on there about money...it's a document called ..famliy visa 317..it has business consulant on it given to me by Immagrsasi staff..
                      even had a price...5 mill....wants health insurance too.and they said i have to leave Indonesia..can't swap retirement kitas over.have to cancell it.maybe it's an agent and staff is gettn commision.cheers..u get a different story from every1..

Comment

• bundyrum
                        • Dec 2009

my wife is not my sponser yet as I said Iam changing to a family visa...sponsered now by MAS..WHO r the few that have that licence.for retirement.visa.

Comment

• Dzullkarnain
                          • Aug 2013

Hi Guys,
                          Tomorrow morning going to collect my second sosbud and also will submit my KITAS. If the officer can give the letter the day itself I will go direct from Sukabumi to Bandung. I ask the immigration office how long will it take for all procees because I told him sosbud last for 1 month and he reply about 3 week. I thought I read somewhere it take more then more then 1 month. Which is true?

Comment

• marcus
                            • Jul 2008

(1) .. If the officer can give the letter the day itself I will go direct from Sukabumi to Bandung.

(2) I ask the immigration office how long will it take for all procees because I told him sosbud last for 1 month and he reply about 3 week. I thought I read somewhere it take more then more then 1 month. Which is true?
                            (1) You will not get it so quickly .

(2) Around one month , if there is no problem . See an example of my KITAP process which took almost 2 months due to Jakarta's delay (KITAS process is basically equal to KITAP process).

When I convert my Sosbud to KITAS , I was worried about the Sosbud next extension too , but I think you don't need to worry . First because the KITAS is officially approved when Jakarta's Direktorat jenderal Imigrasi issue its approval letter to Kantor Wilayah and Kantor Imigrasi . Second because if there is a delay , I think Kantor Imigrasi will find a way to extend the Sosbud Visa .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-an-Indonesian (example of a KITAP process)
                            Last edited by marcus; 23-08-13, 11:44.

Comment

• Dzullkarnain
                              • Aug 2013

I nee to wait for someone to visit my residence for confirmation before they can issue the letter to bring to kanwil. So what to do. Need to wait.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                                • Feb 2009

I think Dzullarnain you are mistaken on the same day process for Kantor Immigrasi and Kantor Wilayah. After delivering your application for a KITAS, you will be able to pick up the letters for both DIRJEN and KANWIL a few days (say 3/4 working days) after that, the office will tell you.

The KANWIL at Bandung can and will often issue on the same day the required approval letter to take to the DIRJEN but best to arrive early morning (it opens 8am), pick up the approval letter after Solat prayer time 12.30pm and away you go if you can make it to DirJen Jakarta. That is best for the next day, Room 503 fifth floor, friendly 'switched on' staff in there, both int erms of technology and knowledge. Same pretty much actually at KanWil, a lot more relaxed there than any Immigration office.

Your Residence letter you should pick up for a very nominal fee from the Kecamatan.

Comment

Working...
                                X