Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bad_azz
    • Feb 2011

That is why we have to go back to the drawing board- proving that we are still married- Jeez we only got married in August... we are unlikely to have split up before I got the visa- is anyone that dumb- however that was not the reason we got married.

They explained to us that someone had applied for the KiTAS and had been separated from the husband- no longer livig together or in a relationship, hence having to go and prove we are still married- that part is just a bloody joke... how the hell are the officials in an office a 2 hour drive away gonna know if my hubby is in my bed every night or not???
    I was sarcastic in KanIm so I expect feedback in a negative way- I asked them if they wanted me to photograph my husband's genitals and submit the picture as proof.

The women in KanIm have always been really good- but this one guy, I just want to bop him on the nose... he is an arrogant tw@t!

pardon my rant x x x x
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

• marcus
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
      & a quick warning... I hope you do not have the same situation we have... but
      1: expect to pay some cash to the RT/ RW to get it...
      this is the process that took over 3 months for us ...
      Just to balance the discussion , I would like to mention that , like anywhere in the world , there are bad people and good people too .
      My RT and RW didn't charge anything for their signed documents and provide them as soon as asked for (few minutes) .
      The same happened to me at Kantor Kelurahan and Kantor Kecamatan (in this last it took a little longer because they said Kantor Kelurahan didn't write the purpose of the document , but they ended writing it themselves) . Only Kantor Kelurahan , when asked how much , said "up to you" . Kantor Kecamatam didn't ask for any money .

Comment

• bad_azz
        • Feb 2011

Oh, for sure Marcus- we just happen to have been blessed with a crooked one. For sure not all Indonesian officials are on the take- I have experienced bad and good. In this instance I just want to mow him down with my VW (once it has its engine back in of course).
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

• marcus
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by snowdrop View Post
          ... More than one month ago i asked a staff about all documents we need to provide for the itas converstion. ... He looked at me with a straight face and asked us to provide one more letter 'surat keterangan' that we are still living in together in the address we put in the form signed by kepala dukuh, lurah and camat. We were complaining why didn't they inform us about this letter a month ago... I was really really really PO! ...
          In defense of the immigration officer , I have to say that this requirement (Surat Keterangan) was recently included in the package ( 2 letters were included : a Surat Keterangan Domisili and a Surat Keterangan from the marriage office stating the couple is still married) , so it is , probably , not because the officer forgot to tell you about it before .
          Last edited by marcus; 30-12-12, 17:57.

Comment

• bad_azz
            • Feb 2011

marcus - the explanation was fine and helped to understand why they were asking for the extra documents...
            It is the man's attitude that annoys people... My hubby and my assistant both came away saying the same thing- they think he is egois and must have no friends at all where he works- he looks at people as if they smell bad and really has no people skills...
            He says he speaks / understands no English- yet my two guys said that he understood what I was saying to them because of what he said to them.
            This type of person winds me up no matter what country I am in.
            Cicak Magnet

Comment

• snowdrop
              • Dec 2011

the process of getting 'surat keterangan' from rt, pak dukuh, lurah and camat were relatively easy. they were really kind and didn't charge us a penny. it is the immigration people's attitude that really really annoy us! and marcus, you are defending their action! it is unbelievable! we don't mind getting the surat or whatever paper they need to process my hubby itas conversion, but can't they be more organise and interact with people in a kind manner? i'm sick...sick...sick of them!

Comment

• bad_azz
                • Feb 2011

Snowdrop- most of the people I have dealt with in KanIm here have been lovely, helpful and very organised. So I can understand marcus being fair here... its really just this one guy who seems so negative and either stupid or obstructive.
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

• ReveurGAM
                  • May 2009

It sounds like you folks have really been having a painful time of it. Have you considered writing a formal letter of complaint? It doesn't always help, but it can make a difference.

Namaste, peace & love,
                  Glenn
                  I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• bad_azz
                    • Feb 2011

Hi Glenn I might consider it after I have got my visa... I don't want to make his face any sourer than it already is
                    Cicak Magnet

Comment

• mariloustique
                      • Nov 2012

Hi everyone ! Now I'm at a loss here !!! Want to go to immigration next week to ask for kitas. From what I'm reading, you need a Surat keterangan domisili + a Surat keterangan ??? What's the difference ?!
                      Can anyone send me a sample of both as the RT here doesn't have a clue what to write. And then you're saying it has to be signed by Kepala Dukuh (what's that ?), Kantor Kelurahan and Kantor Kecamatan ??? Doe it ever end ? How many more papers do I need ? Immigration is a 3-hour drive from here, don't intend on going back every day of next week !
                      If anyone would be so kind as to give me the list of documents needed as well as the sample letters, that'd be much appreciated !

Comment

• bad_azz
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mariloustique View Post
                        Hi everyone ! Now I'm at a loss here !!! Want to go to immigration next week to ask for kitas. From what I'm reading, you need a Surat keterangan domisili + a Surat keterangan ??? What's the difference ?!
                        Can anyone send me a sample of both as the RT here doesn't have a clue what to write. And then you're saying it has to be signed by Kepala Dukuh (what's that ?), Kantor Kelurahan and Kantor Kecamatan ???[SIZE=3] Doe it ever end [/SIZE]? [SIZE=3]How many more papers do I need [/SIZE]? Immigration is a 3-hour drive from here, don't intend on going back every day of next week !
                        If anyone would be so kind as to give me the list of documents needed as well as the sample letters, that'd be much appreciated !
                        I suggest you ask at your local KanIm what they want...
                        I don't think it does... Who knows how many more papers are needed... I am jaded now.
                        The requirements changed on at least 3 visits.
                        We have been trying to get this done since August... am seriously considering an agent- but I doubt it would be much better with one... just an extra complication in the mix.
                        We decided not to do anything until we have the new house and new permanent address... they we are just going to start from scratch and get all new documents with that as the address.
                        Cicak Magnet

Comment

• marcus
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mariloustique View Post
                          (1) ... From what I'm reading, you need a Surat keterangan domisili + a Surat keterangan ??? What's the difference ?!

(2) Can anyone send me a sample of both as the RT here doesn't have a clue what to write.

(3) And then you're saying it has to be signed by Kepala Dukuh (what's that ?),

(4) Kantor Kelurahan and Kantor Kecamatan ??? Doe it ever end ? How many more papers do I need ? ...

(5) If anyone would be so kind as to give me the list of documents needed as well as the sample letters, that'd be much appreciated !
                          (1) Surat Keterangan Domisili is a document stating your residency address (mine was issued by Kantor Kelurahan and signed by the chiefs of Kantor Kelurahan and Kantor Kecamatam) . Surat Keterangan (stating the couple is still married) is to be issued by the marriage office (KUA for Muslim , or Kantor Catatan Sipil for the others) .

(2) My city's immigration office gave me a copy of the samples , but unfortunately I am out of my home until the end of this month . I believe RT should be familiar with the Surat Keterangan Domisili , as it is also used for getting KTP and other normal documents .

(3) This is new to me too .

(4) It certainly ends .

(5) As far as I know , those 2 documents plus the old package (see example below) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , (post no.128 , example of converting Sosbud into KITAS)
                          Last edited by marcus; 05-01-13, 19:15.

Comment

• davobali
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                            Surat Keterangan (stating the couple is still married) is to be issued by the marriage office (KUA for Muslim , or Kantor Catatan Sipil for the others) .
                            In My application for a KITAS ( also needed for KITAP application ) , I had my marriage book (Buku Nikka) so in my case this was not needed ...,

so for my Surat Keterangan requirement - I had to go my home countries Embassy, and get a copy from them , as I had trouble looking for my original copy that was supplied by my home countries embassy during my marriage process here in Indonesia ...., (to state they were aware of my marriage, and also states that I was not married to someone else)

- The embassy staff told me it was a common , and generic type document that was often supplied to kitas and kitap applicants .

Note ; When you first apply/ register to get married in Indonesia , you must get this "letter of no impedence " from your home countries embassy , and imigration also need copies of this letter with your application for kitas/kitap . Your home countries embassy keeps a copy of this letter if you need a copy to give to Imigrasi, (ie; if your having trouble finding the original copy , like I did )

tip ; if you need to pick up this letter from your Embassy/Consulate ..., first call to make an appointment , and tell them why you need to make an appointment ..., rarely will they search the records and provide you with a copy without first making an appointment an appointment .

Another document I provided for Kitas renewal , or Kitap application ( this is part of your requirements also after obtaining a kitas ).................., (as others have already discussed in great detail)

- I also provided to Immigrasi with my kitas renewal , and kitap applications ; a SKTT (surat keterangan Tempat tingal - I think? ) ..., which is a registration report of my residence , from my local community.

- which was given to me after providing my local bajar / Kantor lurahan (in Bali ) , or Catatan Sipil [COLOR=#ff0000]*[/COLOR] (everywhere else ) a copy of ...............,
                            - STM - (surat tanda melaporandiri)
                            - SKLD - (surat keterangan lapor Diri )
                            - copies of marriage book (buku Nika )
                            - passport and visa copies

[COLOR=#ff0000]*[/COLOR] - they will also need a copy of ; Surat Keterangan Domisili

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

My Personal rule of thumb with any Visa applications , is to fullfill all their legal requirements exactly as required ...................., so therefore you will have all the documents they will ever need ..., then give them whatever supporting extra documents ( whatever you can think of ) that may help . Always take extra photocopies of all your document also (just in case ) , & Immigrassi will take what they need , and inform you whats missing (If any)

- and from there you just need to jump through the hoops like a circus animal , with a big smile on your face , and there are definatly no shortcuts that work out better in the long run .
                            Last edited by davobali; 07-01-13, 08:54. Reason: added info SKTT

Comment

• mariloustique
                              • Nov 2012

Thank you all for your replies ! I believe I don't need the Surat Keterangan as I'm bringing our Buku Nika and the marriage certificate issued by my Embassy. I always gave copies of these two when I applied for Sosbud extensions. Just in case I'll bring our KUA hp number ! Planning on going there on Thursday, will keep you posted should they ask me for yet another document !!!

Comment

• mariloustique
                                • Nov 2012

Hi ! Just to let you know that the link doesn't work anymore !
                                Can I just provide a copy of my bank account in France ? Or do they really want a copy of my husband's account ?

Comment

Working...
                                X