KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cgksfo
    Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 671

    Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    Erm... It's already a sticky post.


    My bad...
    "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
    -Bill Watterson

    Comment

    • ReveurGAM
      Member
      • May 2009
      • 721

      Originally posted by atlantis View Post
      No. KanWil and the DitJenIm work together but that's it. KanWil control on the field the job done by the KanIm, but also the job done by the penitentiary administration for example, or the socialization of laws on the field (not only immigration laws and regs, but ALL laws) . It's directly contolled by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights. The official name should be KanWil Kemenkumham RI rather than KanWil only.

      More about it: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post163022
      Okay, thanks, but in the matter of immigration issues, the final decision comes from DitJenIm, not KanWil, in the case of SosBud extensions, change of sponsorship, KITAS, KITAP, etc., thus, in that respect, DitJenIm IS calling the shots, hence my mistaken use of "boss". Also, it is DitJenIm and the ministry that make special decisions about Immigration matters, not the KanWil Kemenkumham.

      But I get what you mean so you don't need to belabor the issue.

      Glenn
      I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

      Comment

      • atlantis
        Banned
        • Jul 2008
        • 16593

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        the final decision comes from DitJenIm, not KanWil,
        I am afraid you are wrong. I explain.

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        in the case of SosBud extensions,
        definitively not. DitJenIm is not involved in the case of extensions of sosbud unless there is an exceptional reason.
        1st and 2nd extensions are granted by kanIm.
        3rd and fourth extension are granted by KanIm on recommendation of KanWil (who is in fact the one authorizing the kanIm)

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        change of sponsorship,
        KanWil has the duty to verify that the decision is conform to the law. It has the power to block or reject the decision of DitJenIm.

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        KITAS,
        KITAS extension are authorized by KanWil for the first three extensions, not by DitjenIm. The 4th and fifth extension are a decision of decision on recommendation of KanWil, which has the power to block or reject a DitJenIm's decision.

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        KITAP, etc.,
        Same than above. The decision is taken by DitjenIm which ask to KanWil to authorize it by instructing KanIm to issue the KITAP.

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        thus, in that respect, DitJenIm IS calling the shots,
        Kanwil is neither above or below and DitJenIm is not calling the shots. They work in parallel with KanWil controlling the kanIm on the field and verifying that DitJenIm's decision are legit.

        Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        Also, it is DitJenIm and the ministry that make special decisions about Immigration matters, not the KanWil Kemenkumham.
        FYI, KanWil IS the Minister at the province level. It represents the Minister of Justice and Human Rights. Bapak KanWil directly report to the Minister. DitJenIm is a Directorate being part of Kemenkumham. Do not underestimate KanWil. their field of operation is much wider than those of a directorate. They control the work of several directorates such as DitJenIm, but also the work of the Direktorat Jenderal Pemasyarakatan, the Direktorat Jenderal Perundang Undangan, the Direktorat Jenderal Administrasi Umum, the Direktorat Jenderal Perlindungan HAM and the Direktorat Jenderal Hak kekayaan Intellektual.

        They are there to control the work of the Directorate of Kemenkumham, including DitJenIm and to control that the law is correctly applied. Well, I know, it brings a smile when one say this in Indonesia.

        Comment

        • ReveurGAM
          Member
          • May 2009
          • 721

          I find this very confusing. I understand what you are saying, yet some of what goes on seems to imply that DitJenIm is more powerful. Whatever, I have no interest in beating this to death, so I'm done. Thank you. You can stop now.

          Glenn
          I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

          Comment

          • Happy_mom
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 44

            Hi,

            I have been married for 13 years (registered in Hong Kong) and have never registered it in catatan sipil . I understand after reading the threads that I would need to report my marriage to Indo Embassy in HK.

            For my situation (after studying the threads for over 4 hours) I believe it is best for me to sponsor my husband with KITAS sponsored by me (his wife)

            My question is the implication that I may have towards my two sons citizenship in whom I have made the Birth Certificate out of wedlock (1st son year 1999 second son year 2007). (This is the same man by the way)

            I'd really appreciate anyone who is willing to shed some light to this issue.

            Comment

            • marcus
              Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 9247

              You will find information about dual citizenship for children of foreign/Indonesian married couples at the link below :

              Comment

              • Dr. Michael Beer
                Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 128

                Hello Atlantis, Marcus - Gurus of the Immigration Law Jungle.I am ashamed, but I do not find the thread, which - due to my memory - said something about if you married more then 2 years with an Indonesien woman you get (otomatis?) the permanent residency and also need not have the stupid exit-reentry-permits. Can you give me the link please and forgive my ignorance.

                Comment

                • atlantis
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 16593

                  Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
                  Hello Atlantis, Marcus - Gurus of the Immigration Law Jungle.I am ashamed, but I do not find the thread, which - due to my memory - said something about if you married more then 2 years with an Indonesien woman you get (otomatis?) the permanent residency and also need not have the stupid exit-reentry-permits. Can you give me the link please and forgive my ignorance.
                  Check here and there. However, it ain't automatic and there are no ways to avoid the "stupid exit-reentry-permits".
                  The two links should tell you anything you wish to know.

                  Comment

                  • cellito
                    Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 7

                    Hi I need some advice from Atlantis or any of the other experts on this thread ....

                    I am currently on my 5th company sponsored KITAS which is expiring this coming FEB 15 2012...

                    My contract is up and I will not be renewing through the company.. My multiple entry/exit permit will expire on FEB 1..I have been married to an Indonesian for just under 2 yrs.. Will be 2 years on FEB 26 2012

                    My question is what is the best way to make the switch to a wife sponsored Kitas? Should I convert current Kitas over now or let this one expire first? Also do I need to have a Kitas sponsored by my wife for 2 more years before I can get a KITAP?

                    I'm back in the states for 2 weeks over christmas so could re-enter on a sosbud?

                    I'm looking for help on the easiest and best way to ultimately get the KITAP when I'm eligible..Thanks a lot for any help!

                    Comment

                    • marcus
                      Member
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 9247

                      Originally posted by cellito View Post
                      (1) ...My question is what is the best way to make the switch to a wife sponsored Kitas? Should I convert current Kitas over now or let this one expire first?

                      (2) Also do I need to have a Kitas sponsored by my wife for 2 more years before I can get a KITAP?

                      (3) I'm back in the states for 2 weeks over christmas so could re-enter on a sosbud?

                      (4) I'm looking for help on the easiest and best way to ultimately get the KITAP when I'm eligible..
                      (1) "Cancel" your current KITAS , then get a Visit Visa/Social Cultural - single entry (also known as Sosbud Visa - single entry) sponsored by your Indonesian wife . Later convert the Sosbud Visa in KITAS , both sponsored by your wife .

                      http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...s+Kuala+Lumpur (how to get a Sosbud)

                      http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 (posts no. 246/247 ,example of how to get a KITAS)

                      (2) No . The requirement is 2 years after marriage (this year Law) .

                      (3) Yes , if you will not work anymore . Before leaving Indonesia for Christmas , "cancel" your KITAS as required : get the EPO , return KITAS , "blue book" , SKLD , and SKTT .

                      (4) In 26 Feb 2012 you will be eligible for a KITAP , but still some immigration offices may say they are not ready for the application of the new Law . You can either try to get it then , or wait until the end of the KITAS sponsored by wife . If you want the KITAP as quick as possible and your city's immigration office is ready , you may want to check if you can get a 6 months KITAS instead of the default's one year KITAS .
                      The KITAP process is about the same as the KITAS process .
                      Last edited by marcus; 03-12-11, 10:03.

                      Comment

                      • cellito
                        Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 7

                        Originally posted by marcus View Post
                        (1) "Cancel" your current KITAS , then get a Visit Visa/Social Cultural - single entry (also known as Sosbud Visa - single entry) sponsored by your Indonesian wife . Later convert the Sosbud Visa in KITAS , both sponsored by your wife .

                        http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...s+Kuala+Lumpur (how to get a Sosbud)

                        http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 (posts no. 246/247 ,example of how to get a KITAS)

                        (2) No . The requirement is 2 years after marriage (this year Law) .

                        (3) Yes , if you will not work anymore . Before leaving Indonesia for Christmas , "cancel" your KITAS as required : get the EPO , return KITAS , "blue book" , SKLD , and SKTT .

                        (4) In 26 Feb 2012 you will be eligible for a KITAP , but still some immigration offices may say they are not ready for the application of the new Law . You can either try to get it then , or wait until the end of the KITAS sponsored by wife . If you want the KITAP as quick as possible and your city's immigration office is ready , you may want to check if you can get a 6 months KITAS instead of the default's one year KITAS .
                        The KITAP process is about the same as the KITAS process .
                        Thanks Marcus... One other question.. I was married in Jakarta, have the Buku Nikah.. Do i need to register the marriage at Immigration?

                        Comment

                        • cellito
                          Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 7

                          Does anyone know if I can go directly from a Sosbud Visa to a KITAP sponsored by wife...if been married 2 yrs?
                          thx

                          Comment

                          • marcus
                            Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 9247

                            Originally posted by cellito View Post

                            (a) .. I was married in Jakarta, have the Buku Nikah.. Do i need to register the marriage at Immigration?

                            (b) Does anyone know if I can go directly from a Sosbud Visa to a KITAP sponsored by wife...if been married 2 yrs?
                            (a) Yes , according Atlantis .

                            http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ister+marriage (marriage register at immigration)


                            (b) No . The present regulation mention only one way to get a KITAP , which is converting from a KITAS .

                            Comment

                            • ReveurGAM
                              Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 721

                              Hey marcus, I'm probably going to Immigration this week to apply for the change of sponsorship of my KITAS. Can I register my marriage with Immigration then and is there any special procedure to do it? We were married in 2003 and registered it with the appropriate agencies, but not Immigration (as far as I know).

                              Thanks!
                              Glenn
                              I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

                              Comment

                              • marcus
                                Member
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 9247

                                Sorry , I didn't do it yet , so I don't know .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X