KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • marcus
    Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 9219

    Originally posted by tomjerry
    .................................................. ..........
    So my question is what do i do for a KITAS sponsored by an Indonesian wife of a foreign husband ..
    a) The easiest way would be to change the sponsor of your current KITAS , from company to wife .
    Unfortunately , this is a not usual process (and should be gratis) and so immigration offices tend to say it is not possible .
    If you still want to try , I believe you need to do it at the city of your address in the KITAS/"blue book" .

    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...usband./page27 (Atlantis post no.262 , KITAS work to KITAS wife)

    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ng-the-country , post no.9 by Atlantis

    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ng-the-country , post no.5

    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-country/page4 , post no.35 (change sponsor KITAS work > KITAS spouse)

    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...025#post183025 (Regulation about sponsor change , post no.2)

    b) The next options are the usual ones . You get a Jakarta Immigration's authorization for a VITAS to be stamped in your passport at an Embassy in Singapore , or Kuala Lumpur , or... Within 7 days of returning to Indonesia , continue the process VITAS to KITAS (#before leaving Indonesia for the VITAS , get the EPO for the company KITAS , return the KITAS , blue book to immigration , SKLD to Police , SKTT to Catatan Sipil) .
    Or go to Singapore , or Kuala Lumpur , or..,and get a Visit Visa/Social Cultural - single entry (Sosbud Visa) sponsored by your wife , and later , within 180 days in Indonesia , convert the Sosbud Visa to KITAS (# the same as above) .

    Another important subject is the city where you want to live . I believe it is easier if your wife get a KTP of the above city , before getting a KITAS sponsored by her . This because , all documents are tied to an address (KITAS , STM , SKLD , and SKTT) , and better change a KTP now than all those later .
    Last edited by marcus; 12-10-11, 11:36.

    Comment

    • TheGodFather
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 118

      Thanks for the update guys.

      Comment

      • Coremus
        Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 5

        Hi All,

        Can anyone recommend an agent in Jakarta that can process a KITAS for me (British) sponsored by my wife (Indonesian)? We are recently married and live in Singapore.

        I contacted many of the agents on this site but the prices are either too high (8 to 10 juta) or they say "its not possible to have a kitas sponsored by your wife"

        Thanks

        Comment

        • marcus
          Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 9219

          Originally posted by Coremus View Post

          (1) ...We are recently married and live in Singapore.

          (2) I contacted many of the agents on this site but the prices are either too high (8 to 10 juta) or they say "its not possible to have a kitas sponsored by your wife"
          (1) If you didn't marry in Indonesia , I believe you need to register your marriage in Indonesia first .

          (2) Here are some agents (but I don't know any of them) :
          (look for "dependent KITAS" or "family KITAS" which has the same process/workload)

          http://www.produkdalamnegeri.com/pt.php?id=275&lang=en (KITAS & work permit:Rp3.9J)
          Web hosting and free web hosting from Bravenet.com. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.

          PT. Mulia Prima Permai | Bali Retirement Visa & Travelling Agent


          http://www.balimode-biz.com/temporary_visa.php (Rp4 J for dependent KITAS)




          Established in 1996, Bali Ide has been dedicated to serving the expatriate community in Bali and all over Indonesia. Our comprehensive services encompass business consultancy, legal expertise, and visa services. With a team of experienced legal professionals and a wealth of knowledge in visa regulations, we are well-equipped to guide you through the complexities, making your journey into the heart of Indonesia a seamless and rewarding experience.



          http://www.antariksa.biz/visa/ (Bali)


          Terminal document services, gunawan, document, documents, tracking passport, passport, visa, kitas, working permit, travel, tour, tour travel, travel service, agen, agency, holiday, best price, hotel, hotels

          KITAS / Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas untuk Pekerja - Tenaga Kerja Asing perlu mendapatkan ijin tinggal terbatas (KITAS) agar keberadaannya di indonesia terdaftar. Hub kami untuk harga terbaik. 08988252123 / info@jasa-kitas.com






          Direktori Bisnis dan B2B Marketplace Terbesar di Indonesia Menyediakan Berbagai Produk dan Layanan Bisnis Terlengkap dari Perusahaan Terpercaya

          Jakarta Busines Services






          Terima buat Urus Spesialisasi Akte Akta Paspor


          itrademarket.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, itrademarket.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!


          http://vitasindonesia.blogbaker.com/...arta-indonesia (KITAS @ $4 Juta)
          Last edited by marcus; 22-10-11, 17:41.

          Comment

          • Coremus
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 5

            Thanks Marcus,

            I contacted everyone in these links yesterday that supplied email addresses (about 10 in total) and got 3 responses:

            (A) bayusantero@yahoo.co.id, 7m + 2m for exit permit
            (B) jakartaads@cbn.net.id, 9.75m + 10% VAT
            (C) garansi.az95@gmail.com, 3.2m but then when he found out that I'm after a KITAS sponsored by a wife (and not a company) he said that's not possible.

            So judging by response (C) and assuming that the wife sponsor is not really much more complicated than the company sponsor it seems like this is doable for a price of less than 4m. Its just a question of finding an agent who is familiar with the process at the right price!

            Comment

            • marcus
              Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 9219

              Originally posted by Coremus View Post
              (1)...So judging by response (C) and assuming that the wife sponsor is not really much more complicated than the company sponsor it seems like this is doable for a price of less than 4m.

              (2) Its just a question of finding an agent who is familiar with the process at the right price!
              (1) I believe the KITAS sponsored by Indonesian spouse is easier than the one sponsored by a company , because this last requires more documents . Except from the required documents , the process , I think , is the same .
              If you see the price list from some agents , you will see that a "work" KITAS is more expensive than a "family" or "dependent" KITAS . For sure you can find prices around Rp4 million .

              (2) If you liked this agent who gave the Rp3.2 million price , just show him/her the Indonesian regulation proving it is possible indeed . If he/she knows how to get a KITAS , he/she knows how to get any KITAS type . They are all the same , except for the sponsor .

              KEPUTUSAN MENTERI KEHAKIMAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA
              NOMOR M.02-IZ.01.10 TAHUN 1995
              TENTANG
              VISA SINGGAH, VISA KUNJUNGAN, VISA TINGGAL TERBATAS, IZIN MASUK, DAN IZIN KEIMIGRASIAN
              [last revision (2009?) included]


              Pasal 67**** (fouth revision)
              (1) Alih Status Izin Kunjungan menjadi Izin Tinggal Terbatas dapat diberikan kepada orang asing dalam rangka:
              a. menanamkan modal;
              b. bekerja sebagai tenaga ahli;
              c. bekerja sebagai pimpinan tertinggi perusahaan;
              d. melaksanakan tugas sebagai rohaniwan;
              e. mengikuti pendidikan dan pelatihan;
              f. mengadakan penelitian ilmiah;
              g. menggabungkan diri dengan suami atau isteri warga Negara Indonesia;
              h. menggabungkan diri dengan suami atau isteri pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas atau Izin Tinggal Tetap;
              i. menggabungkan diri dengan orang tua bagi anak berkewarganegaraan asing yang mempunyai hubungan hukum kekeluargaan dengan orang tua warga negara Indonesia dan belum kawin;
              j. menggabungkan diri dengan orang tua pemegang Izin Tingal Terbatas atau Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi anak yang berumur di bawah 18 (delapan belas) tahun dan belum kawin;
              k. pertimbangan kemanfaatan untuk kesejahteraan masyarakat dan/atau alasan kemanusiaan berdasarkan pertimbangan dan Keputusan Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi;
              l. memperoleh kembali kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia berdasarkan Undang-Undang Nomor 12 Tahun 2006 tentang Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia; atau
              m. wisatawan lanjut usia mancanegara.
              Last edited by marcus; 15-10-11, 12:50.

              Comment

              • Dr. Michael Beer
                Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 128

                Originally posted by Coremus View Post
                Thanks Marcus,

                I contacted everyone in these links yesterday that supplied email addresses (about 10 in total) and got 3 responses:

                (A) bayusantero@yahoo.co.id, 7m + 2m for exit permit
                (B) jakartaads@cbn.net.id, 9.75m + 10% VAT
                (C) garansi.az95@gmail.com, 3.2m but then when he found out that I'm after a KITAS sponsored by a wife (and not a company) he said that's not possible.

                So judging by response (C) and assuming that the wife sponsor is not really much more complicated than the company sponsor it seems like this is doable for a price of less than 4m. Its just a question of finding an agent who is familiar with the process at the right price!
                Hi, Coremus,
                why do you feed those parasites (agents) with millions? Can you not do it on your own? I did it here after many years of Agent-feeding, and it was CHEAP. Just read the threads of our excellent advisors. Good luck

                Comment

                • Dr. Michael Beer
                  Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 128

                  Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  (1) I believe the KITAS sponsored by Indonesian spouse is easier than the one sponsored by a company , because this last requires more documents . Except from the required documents , the process , I think , is the same .
                  If you see the price list from some agents , you will see that a "work" KITAS is more expensive than a "family" or "dependent" KITAS . For sure you can find prices around Rp4 million .

                  (2) If you liked this agent who gave the Rp3.2 million price , just show him/her the Indonesian regulation proving it is possible indeed . If he/she knows how to get a KITAS , he/she knows how to get any KITAS type . They are all the same , except for the sponsor .

                  KEPUTUSAN MENTERI KEHAKIMAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA
                  NOMOR M.02-IZ.01.10 TAHUN 1995
                  TENTANG
                  VISA SINGGAH, VISA KUNJUNGAN, VISA TINGGAL TERBATAS, IZIN MASUK, DAN IZIN KEIMIGRASIAN
                  [last revision (2009?) included]


                  Pasal 67**** (fouth revision)
                  (1) Alih Status Izin Kunjungan menjadi Izin Tinggal Terbatas dapat diberikan kepada orang asing dalam rangka:
                  a. menanamkan modal;
                  b. bekerja sebagai tenaga ahli;
                  c. bekerja sebagai pimpinan tertinggi perusahaan;
                  d. melaksanakan tugas sebagai rohaniwan;
                  e. mengikuti pendidikan dan pelatihan;
                  f. mengadakan penelitian ilmiah;
                  g. menggabungkan diri dengan suami atau isteri warga Negara Indonesia;
                  h. menggabungkan diri dengan suami atau isteri pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas atau Izin Tinggal Tetap;
                  i. menggabungkan diri dengan orang tua bagi anak berkewarganegaraan asing yang mempunyai hubungan hukum kekeluargaan dengan orang tua warga negara Indonesia dan belum kawin;
                  j. menggabungkan diri dengan orang tua pemegang Izin Tingal Terbatas atau Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi anak yang berumur di bawah 18 (delapan belas) tahun dan belum kawin;
                  k. pertimbangan kemanfaatan untuk kesejahteraan masyarakat dan/atau alasan kemanusiaan berdasarkan pertimbangan dan Keputusan Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi;
                  l. memperoleh kembali kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia berdasarkan Undang-Undang Nomor 12 Tahun 2006 tentang Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia; atau
                  m. wisatawan lanjut usia mancanegara.
                  Hello Marcus, I just received from our (Austrian) embassy this version of the law:
                  Pasal 67
                  (1) Pengawasan Keimigrasian terhadap warga Negara Indonesia dilaksanakan pada saat permohonan Dokumen Perjalanan, keluar atau masuk, atau berada di luar Wilayah Indonesia dilakukan dengan:
                  a. pengumpulan, pengolahan, serta penyajian data dan informasi;
                  b. penyusunan daftar nama warga negara Indonesia yang dikenai Pencegahan keluar Wilayah Indonesia;
                  c. pemantauan terhadap setiap warga Negara Indonesia yang memohon Dokumen Perjalanan, keluar atau masuk Wilayah Indonesia, dan yang berada di luar Wilayah Indonesia; dan
                  d. pengambilan foto dan sidik jari.
                  (2) Hasil pengawasan Keimigrasian sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) merupakan data Keimigrasian yang dapat ditentukan sebagai data yang bersifat rahasia.
                  AND the English translation:
                  Article 67

                  (1) Control of Immigration against Indonesian citizens held at the time of application for Travel Document, to the outside or inside, or outside the Territory Indonesia carried out by:

                  a. collection, processing, and presentation of data and information;

                  b. preparation of a list of Indonesian citizens who are outside the Territory to the Prevention of Indonesia;

                  c. monitoring of every Indonesian citizen who pleaded travel documents, out of or entered Indonesia Region, and outside Indonesia Region; and

                  d. taking photographs and fingerprints.

                  (2) The immigration control as referred to in paragraph (1) Immigration is the data that can be specified as the data is confidential.

                  It is obviously taken from:
                  STATE GAZETTE

                  REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA

                  No. 52, 2011 (Explanation of the Republic of Indonesia Number 5216)



                  LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA

                  NUMBER 6 OF 2011

                  ABOUT

                  IMMIGRATION

                  My question: Is this now the "latest" one? Thanks a lot!

                  Comment

                  • marcus
                    Member
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 9219

                    Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
                    ............................

                    LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
                    NUMBER 6 OF 2011
                    ABOUT IMMIGRATION

                    My question: Is this now the "latest" one? Thanks a lot!
                    This Law is the latest one (about immigration) indeed (signed by the President last May) .

                    But the one I presented above is not a law , but a Minister's Decree (KEPUTUSAN MENTERI KEHAKIMAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA NOMOR M.02-IZ.01.10 TAHUN 1995) , which I am considering updated because it was sent to me by Atlantis , less than a year ago .
                    Last edited by marcus; 22-10-11, 17:46.

                    Comment

                    • atlantis
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 16593

                      Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
                      My question: Is this now the "latest" one? Thanks a lot!
                      You guys are talking about two different statutes. Marcus was refering to the article 67 of the Kepmen M.02.IZ.01.10 tahun 1995 tentang Visa Singgah, Visa Kunjungan, Visa Tinggal Terbatas, Izin Masuk dan Izin Keimigrasian as corrected by its fourth amendment, while Dr. Michael Beer is quoting the article 67 of the Undang Undang nomor 6 tahun 2011 tentang keimigrasian. The former is about to be repelled and replaced in a time frame of about a maximum of 18 months I believe while the latter is due to remain as ssuch for a few years.

                      Dr. Michael Beer, your proposed translation is hilarious. If it comes from the embassy it would be wise to suggest them to change translator.

                      Comment

                      • AllenD
                        Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 3

                        Company sponsored KITAS to Indonesian wife sponsorship

                        I have lived in Indonesia for the past 14 years, I am of European nationality. Up to 4 years ago I was sponsored by my Indonesian wife. For the past 4 years have had a KITAS from a foreign company in a senior position.

                        I want to retire sometime early next year and continue to live with my wife in Indonesia. We meet the financial situations of my wife owning land and she has a heathy bank account in her name. In addition I have a supplimentary pension from a previous company which has been paid into a savings account in Indonesia for the past 4 years.

                        Will I have to start my KITAS all over again, with my wife sponsoring me, when I retire or does being here for 14 years count for something.

                        Comment

                        • marcus
                          Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 9219

                          You just need 2 years married with an Indonesian to be entitled to a 5 years KITAP , and just need to be married with an Indonesian to be entitled to a KITAS .

                          So you have the following options :

                          a) At the end of your present KITAS , change the sponsor , from company to wife , and then get a extension of the KITAS or apply for a KITAP ;

                          b) At the end of the present KITAS , get an Exit only Permit (EPO) , return the KITAS & "blue book" to immigration (return the : SKLD to the Police , SKTT to Catatan Sipil) , go to a nearby country to get either a VITAS or a Visit Visa/Social Cultural - single entry (Sosbud Visa) , both sponsored by your wife . The VITAS must be converted to KITAS , sponsored by wife , within 7 days ; the Sosbud Visa may be converted to KITAS , sponsored by wife , within 60 days or 180 days if the visa is extended. The VITAS process must be initiated at the Jakarta's main immigration office .
                          After getting a KITAS sponsored by your wife , you can , at any time within the validity of the KITAS , also apply for a KITAP sponsored by your wife .

                          See more details in post no. 491 at http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...usband./page50 .
                          Last edited by marcus; 17-10-11, 17:55.

                          Comment

                          • ReveurGAM
                            Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 721

                            1) A slight clarification - if your employment is going to end prior to the ending of your KITAS, you can transfer sponsorship to your wife ahead of the expiration date via "alih sponsor". It's a sticky wicket covered in "Changing sponsors without leaving the country" whether you do it at the end or before that.

                            Don't forget to have them put a stamp in your passport that allows you to leave and re-enter Indonesia without invalidating the KITAS.

                            Also, the conversion from KITAS to KITAP (assuming you've been married for at least 2 years) can be done almost as soon as you get the KITAS. At least, that was the impression I got from others in another thread...

                            Glenn
                            I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

                            Comment

                            • AllenD
                              Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 3

                              Much appreciate the replies. I did not know that I could do a transfer from my company KITAS to my wife. This on the face of it looks like a good option

                              Thanks for all of your help

                              Allen

                              Comment

                              • atlantis
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 16593

                                Originally posted by AllenD View Post
                                Much appreciate the replies. I did not know that I could do a transfer from my company KITAS to my wife. This on the face of it looks like a good option

                                Thanks for all of your help

                                Allen
                                Though it is possible, my experience tells me that Imigrasi will do as much as they can to force you to EPO your KITAS, do a visa run and return with a VITAS prealably approved by DitJenIm. If you want to change the sponsorship of your ITAS from a company to your wife, be ready to fight for it and be asked for bribes. Most immigration officer you would meet would either tell you that it is impossible or that it costs a lot (which is wrong, it's free). Anyway, the change of sponsorship will require you to go yourself to the KanIm, to the KanWil and to the DitJenIm. If you live in JKT, this is still affordable. If you don't, considering a visa run may be cheaper/faster. You also have to consider that a change of sponsor doesn't mean a new KITAS valid for 1 year, but a KITAS valid for the remaining time of the existing one (remember, it's free and it's just a modification of the existing one). Therefore, if only a few months remain in your current KITAS, the change of sponsor may not be that wise. Only you can calculate it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X