X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcus
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Pinkdragon View Post
    (1) do you know whether you can apply straight away for a KITAP for someone who has not been in Indonesia for 5 years, or do you need to have KITAS first?....

(2) If we only want to stay max for 5 years should we apply for KITAS not KITAP?

(3) What is the advantage of KITAP?..
    Supposing you are Indonesian :

(1) Just now you husband can apply for a KITAP only when in a KITAS .
    See Atlantis comment on this at :
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-issues/page17 , post no.165

{................................................. ......
    The reason is simple: at the moment, pursuant to the existing regulation, a foreign adult can be granted an ITAP only by converting an existing ITAS. There is no "VITAP" (visa allowing permanent residency) but only VITAS (visa allowing temporary residency). Therefore the KITAS must be on the road to the KITAP. }

(2) I would get a KITAS and then a KITAP .

(3) Both #(first) KITAS and (first) KITAP have about the same process/bureaucracy involved , but KITAS is for one year and KITAP , for 5 years .
    # If I am not mistaken , the second and third KITAS are easier to get , the fourth and fifth are as difficult as the first .
    Last edited by marcus; 04-06-11, 19:49.

Comment

• Pinkdragon
      • Jun 2010

Kitas and the

Marcus, thank you for your reply. Yes, I am Indonesian, but having lived most of my live abroad, I am astonished to see the incredible bureaucracy, regulations and paper works here. Too many requirements. Anyway, I suppose it's got to be done. We will apply for KITAS upon arrival. I am hoping to process this myself without using the agent who quoted me for Rp 16 juta and another one quoted Rp 10 juta.

Comment

• Glen Goulds
        • Jun 2011

Hi I am an Australian living in Yogyakarta .For the last 8 years I have worked for and been sponsored by a number of furniture companies for my KITAS and the process has been completed by company staff.My last KITAS expired a month ago and I currently back on a 30 day visa on arrival.I wish to obtain a KITAS under my wife's sponsorship .I visited the local immigration office yesterday but cannot obtain from them details of everything I need to provide ......The "officer I spoke to declined to give his name but told me he could "organise" it for 8Juta which seemed excessive to me.Can someone explain to me the difference between KITAS and VITAS ,which is beter and what is the simplest way to obtain either .Or is it better/easier to get a social visa first ?

Comment

• redsnapr
          • Jul 2008

Glen, see post Nr. 1 of this same thread. There you'll find a step-by-step explanation.
          Last edited by redsnapr; 08-06-11, 13:23.
          "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

• nickie
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Glen Goulds View Post
            Hi I am an Australian living in Yogyakarta .For the last 8 years I have worked for and been sponsored by a number of furniture companies for my KITAS and the process has been completed by company staff.My last KITAS expired a month ago and I currently back on a 30 day visa on arrival.I wish to obtain a KITAS under my wife's sponsorship .I visited the local immigration office yesterday but cannot obtain from them details of everything I need to provide ......The "officer I spoke to declined to give his name but told me he could "organise" it for 8Juta which seemed excessive to me.Can someone explain to me the difference between KITAS and VITAS ,which is beter and what is the simplest way to obtain either .Or is it better/easier to get a social visa first ?
            Ref thread concerning vitas and kitas http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...AS-and-a-VITAS

The official fee for a kitas is only IDR 700.000

I believe it's easier to get sosbud first, gives you plenty of times.
            [COLOR="navy"]Leave the gun, take the cannoli[/COLOR] - The Godfather

Comment

• marcus
              • Jul 2008

(1)..The "officer I spoke to declined to give his name but told me he could "organize" it for 8Juta which seemed excessive to me.

(2) ..,which is better and what is the simplest way to obtain either .Or is it better/easier to get a social visa first ?
              (1) Yes , it is too much . In Jakarta or Bali you could easily find an agent doing it for around Rp4 juta .
              Be informed that you should talk about KITAS only with the designated officer (in my city , there are placards indicating the type of service each officer do , like : "ITAS , ITAS perpanjangan" (about KITAS) , or "Visa Kunjungan , perpanjangan" (about extensions of sosbud and business visas) ,... other officers may give you wrong information and/or act as an agent .

Examples of agents (I don't know any of them):
              http://www.produkdalamnegeri.com/pt.php?id=275&lang=en (KITAS & work permit)Rp3.9J
              Web hosting and free web hosting from Bravenet.com. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.

PT. Mulia Prima Permai | Bali Retirement Visa & Travelling Agent

http://www.balimode-biz.com/temporary_visa.php (Rp4 J for dependent KITAS)

Established in 1996, Bali Ide has been dedicated to serving the expatriate community in Bali and all over Indonesia. Our comprehensive services encompass business consultancy, legal expertise, and visa services. With a team of experienced legal professionals and a wealth of knowledge in visa regulations, we are well-equipped to guide you through the complexities, making your journey into the heart of Indonesia a seamless and rewarding experience.

Terminal document services, gunawan, document, documents, tracking passport, passport, visa, kitas, working permit, travel, tour, tour travel, travel service, agen, agency, holiday, best price, hotel, hotels

KITAS / Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas untuk Pekerja - Tenaga Kerja Asing perlu mendapatkan ijin tinggal terbatas (KITAS) agar keberadaannya di indonesia terdaftar. Hub kami untuk harga terbaik. 08988252123 / info@jasa-kitas.com

Direktori Bisnis dan B2B Marketplace Terbesar di Indonesia Menyediakan Berbagai Produk dan Layanan Bisnis Terlengkap dari Perusahaan Terpercaya

Jakarta Busines Services

Terima buat Urus Spesialisasi Akte Akta Paspor

itrademarket.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, itrademarket.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

(2) The ITAS (temporary residency permit) process via VITAS (ITAS visa) or via conversion from visit visa is about the same , just changing some step's order (through VITAS you go first to Jakarta main immigration office (if I am not mistaken) ; through visit visa (normally sosbud) , you go first to the local immigration office .

But I have only examples of the sosbud to KITAS way :

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , posts no. 246/247 (my case)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/11203-KITAS-Process-in-real-time...(Cup1981's case)

To get a sosbud :

http://www.kbrikualalumpur.org/web/i...104&Itemid=148 (Sosbud)
              http://www.kbrisingapura.com/immigra...t.php?lang=eng (Sosbud)
              full calendar of public and bank holidays of the world (and banks closures), from 1970 until 2070

Kuala Lumpur (KL) is a good alternative for people who want to get an Indonesian visa . I got there some Visit Visas - Social Cultural/Family - single entry (
              Last edited by marcus; 10-06-11, 12:52.

Comment

• Glen Goulds
                • Jun 2011

Thanks Marcus,last Friday my wife and I went to the Jakarta Immigration office with all our documents and left the same day with a copy of the telex/letter to be sent to the Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur ...total cost 50,000Rp A further question I have is this: Apart from the copy of the Telex and some photos what other documents or copies of documents do I need to take to the Kuala Lumpur Indonesian Embassy?Can it be processed in one day there? I have tried to call the embassy in Malaysia but have only been able to get a recorded message,haven't been able to speak with anyone there to clarify their requirements

Comment

• mrcibubur
                  • Feb 2009

Glenn, you may be making life more complicated for yourself than you need or perhaps I am not understanding the purpose of the Telex to which you refer. Either way as I understand it (and as I and others have recently experienced), you need to exit Indonesia first to another country. Okay to Kuala Lumpur where I processed a Sosbud last June 2010 and also again May 2011. I t is virtually impossible to process same day Sosbud at KL Indonesian Consulate but it CAN be done. Remember, must arrive by 8am to get a ticket to be first in the queque for interview at 9am, have all the Forms and Passport size photos ready (red background) plus the fee of 170 Ringet, copy of your return ticket to Indonesia and anything else which might persuade the Chief there to grant same day.

KL basic rule is to process by interview before 12pm, pick up after 2pm on the following day, no exceptions. The Consulate is NOT on a bus route and its a 20 minute walk from downtown Bintang. No shorts, no trainers.

Comment

• Glen Goulds
                    • Jun 2011

Mr Cibubur, thanks for your information,I should have clarified Iam going to KL to pick up my VITAS not Sosbud but I am taking on board your information and it will allow me to buy a return ticket with some clarity as to the length of time I need to stay in KL.Any other advice you can provide will be appreciated.

Comment

• Glen Goulds
                      • Jun 2011

In particular ,can you expand on the forms you mentioned?Am I able to download these forms from the Immigration department website or do I need to obtain them from The Embassy in Kuala Lumpur?Is any other specific documentation required in original form or will legalised copies suffice?

Comment

• marcus
                        • Jul 2008

..last Friday my wife and I went to the Jakarta Immigration office with all our documents and left the same day with a copy of the telex/letter to be sent to the Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur ...total cost 50,000Rp A further question I have is this:
                        (1) Apart from the copy of the Telex and some photos what other documents or copies of documents do I need to take to the Kuala Lumpur Indonesian Embassy?
                        (2) Can it be processed in one day there?...

(3) In particular ,can you expand on the forms you mentioned?Am I able to download these forms from the Immigration department website or do I need to obtain them from The Embassy in Kuala Lumpur?

(4) Is any other specific documentation required in original form or will legalised copies suffice?
                        Congratulations Glen , you are probably the first in this Forum to get a document in the same day at the main immigration office in Jakarta .

(1) See the requirements at the Embassy's website :

I think the itinerary from travel agent and curriculum vitae is not applicable to your case , but better type a simple curriculum to present them , just in case they request it . As recommended by Atlantis , better carry with you all documents possible to be requested , like : copy of marriage documents , copy of sponsor's KTP , copy of Kartu Keluarga ,... And bring an extra copy of your passport to be kept at the security of the Embassy's gate .

(2) As MrCibubur said above , the sosbud is for the next day . I believe it is the same for the VITAS/KITAS .

(3) You can download or get there

(4) When required , I always presented normal copies .
                        Better make a copy of the entry stamp of the Kuala Lumpur's airport (in your passport) too .

See some other information about Kuala Lumpur here :
                        Kuala Lumpur (KL) is a good alternative for people who want to get an Indonesian visa . I got there some Visit Visas - Social Cultural/Family - single entry (
                        Last edited by marcus; 20-06-11, 23:03.

Comment

• Davita
                          • Jul 2008

Please everyone, be advised, KL Indonesian Embassy no longer does any visa in one day, unless you are a Malaysian Resident.

Link: http://www.kbrikualalumpur.org/web/i...=75&Itemid=152
                          See note 4.

This was the case when I went there in Feb 2011 for our annual multi-entry sosbud which was telexed from Jakarta, but, as I also had an MM2H visa, I managed to get it done in one day.
                          Last edited by Davita; 20-06-11, 23:43.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                            • Feb 2009

Exactly my point Davita. I persuaded Kl Embassy to do it same day with a determination persistence politeness and a lie that I had to return to Jakarta for my sick child at the Hospital, gave them a copy of my return ticket and Hospital paper - but they took some convincing. I arrived 7am, was first in at 8.15am, waited till officially open on the desks 9am, interview 9.15am, told to come back after 4pm to pick him, had a sleep back at the Hotel until 3pm; the walk between Chinatown via Bintang to the Consulate is a tiring and taxing one in the Heat but its good exercise! KL Embassy have a system and they stick to it, unlike Penang where I have made the point on here that Sosbud can be obtained same day there without a problem, its a whole lot more relaxed and friendlier than KL.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                              • Feb 2009

I should mention that the Kl Consulate is kind of split into three sections - the first is the VISA section for foreigners, the second is PASSPORT section for Indonesians and immediately next to it in the car parking area a couple of small Shops to aid with photocopying and getting your fotos done on red background if you have not got them already. Now I always carry a CD with me and a set of photos passport size 2.x3, 3x4 and 4x6. The Form you need to complete can be downloaded or picked up at Kiosk 1 (there are only 4) from the Information Tray as soon as you arrive and while you wait for interview. At Penang by the way, there is NO interview, just hand over the documents and pick up later (in between a trip to the beach at Batu Ferringhi, its on the same bus route from Lebi Chulia in Georgetown)

Comment

• Jarno
                                • Dec 2010

Went to Kanto Immigrasi in Jakarta today to change my sosbud into a KITAS, one of the things they ask for is a statement of not being employed/working here. My question is, will writing a simple statement that I do not work here and have no intention to do so with my signature and a materai on it be sufficient?

Comment

Working...
                                X