• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atlantis
    Banned
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
    Hi Atlantis, please, enlighten me. Does it mean the article in THE JAKARTA POST is wrong?
    Yes it is. The Law has been voted with all the progressists articles it had. i have sent you a PM (Private Message) on this particular topic. We are also discussing the law in a couple of other threads in the forum.
    Both articles 54 & 62 have been untouched in the text passed. Patrialis Akbar, Minister of Justice & Human rights has confirmed it.

Comment

• Dr. Michael Beer
      • Dec 2008

Atlantis, thank you very much. Looking forward to your mentioned mail. Will there be or is already a FULL interpretation of the main important articles?

Comment

• Dr. Michael Beer
        • Dec 2008

Sorry, Atlantis. Have not received your email so far

Comment

• atlantis
          Banned
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
          Sorry, Atlantis. Have not received your email so far
          Maybe it has to do with the fact that you haven't PMed me an email address as per my PM.

Comment

• TheGodFather
            • Feb 2011

Guys thank you very much with all the informations I got from here reference to Kitas sponsored by Indonesian wife. I followed the procedures explained by Atlantis and I received my Kitas without any difficulties or bribing within 4 weeks.

I have a friend who lives in Bogor and he too want to get 1 year visa sponsored by his wife, but unfortunately Bogor Immigration told him they cannot process his visa and he has to go through Kunnigan HQ, When he was there the people there confirmed him that Bogor can't do anything about it and he has to process it at the HQ and they asked him 5 Million. Any suggestions for him would be appreciable. Thanks

Comment

• marcus
              • Jul 2008

Could you please ask him to tell us his case himself ?

Comment

• noypi
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                5. Untill all necessary Peraturan Pemerintah and Peraturan Menteri requested to implement the new law are enacted, the existing one prevails. if you have two full years of residency, obtaining a KITAP is no big deal, following the same steps that I was describing in this thread at post #1 (replace "izin kunjungan" by "izin tinggal terbatas" and "izin tinggal terbatas" by "izin tinggal tetap" and you have an idea). It took me 26 days to convert my KITAS in a KITAP last month and IDR 3.000.000. No major problem but a couple of interesting anecdotes. As soon as the new UU gets publicized, I will write a post concerning obtaining a KITAP with the existing Peraturan. It will allow those who are married with an Indonesian and a minimum of two full years of residency to get a KITAP before all regs concerning the new law get enacted.
                I was informed by an immigration officer that we could convert KITAS to KITAP on the 6th month of the 3rd KITAS (2.5 yrs of residency). I was thinking we could get the KITAP after the 2nd KITAS without having to get the 3rd KITAS. Is the 3rd KITAS required? Thanks.
                three and tree sound the same to me :doh::doh::doh:

Comment

• atlantis
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2008

The law (UU 9/1992) says it clearly:
                  - you need to have two full years of residency (meaning at least two full KITASes
                  - a KITAP is a conversion of an existing KITAS

Therefore there is no possible doubt, you need to be at KITAS III. However the assertion of your immigration officer about "after 6 months" have absolutely no ground. I have started my conversion to a KITAP the first day of my KITAS III and as I said in the paragraph you quoted, it took me less than a month to transform my KITAS III in a KITAP, well before the 6 months period of your immigration officer.

The step for a KITAP are as follow.

1. Obtain the agreement of your KanIm. They can not refuse without a VERY serious reason unless you don't match the requirements (ie: being legally marred and being at KITAS III). You will have to meet with the kasi statuskim (verification of your documents) the kasi wasdakim (verification of your activities and sponsor) then back to the seksi statuskim to get the letter of authorization to bring to the KanWil

2. Obtain the agreement of the kanwil. They also can not refuse. In my case they've verified and corrected the numerous mistakes made by the KanIm in my files and have requetsed a fex more documents concerning my family (they have asked the copy of the registration of my Indonesian marriage to the french embassy, birth certificates of my kids and documents pertaining to their dual citizenship along with our KK). Though none of this documents are mandatory, it's pointless to argue if you have them. They will issue a letter of recommendation to the KanWil

3. The actual kepala subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian in the DitJenIm is pak Eko Kusprianto, MH, SH who was in charge of Tanjung Perak's KanIm in Surabaya prior to his new jabatan. He took his duty in mid 2010 and has brought a few improvements: one of them is that you do NOT need to pick up your SK yourself. They won't sent it by express mail, but they will normally send it to the KanWil after around 10 to 15 days if you did not picked it. I got this information from Pak Eko himself when I went to pick up my own SK for my KITAP. If you are not in a hurry, you may decide to wait at home and just monitor the reception of the letter of the DitJenIm by the KanWil. In my particular case, I did not want to wait any days because I wanted to have my KITAP issued quickly before any modificatin of the UU 9/1992. I was confident that I would not have any problem having it issued whatever changes could happen in the law, but in February and March 2011 I had many convergent informations and was aware of possible very positive change would lead to a LOT of ITAP request. Indeed, earlier this month a new law has been passed which will authorized ITAS holder married to WNI to change their status in an ITAP after just two years of marriage. It will bring a LOT of people in the KanIm/KanWil/DitJenIM. A good reason for me to hurry the process.

4. KanWil upon reception of the SK will issue the letter of authorization to the KanIm to issue your KITAP.

5. KanIm will issue the KITAP after that you've paid the fee attached to it: IDR 3.000.000. That is the amount I've paid myself for my KITAP (+ the usual IDR 55.000 for biometrik pics and sidik jari). At no moment at any steps any official asked me seriously for bribes, though there were obvious expectations. Officials have never been as polite and attentive as they were They knew they wouldn't see me again for the next 5 years and it was their last chance. I guess that they knew that expectations were pointless anyway. I could see disappointment in faces for the "no envelop policy" , but no real surprise. If you are legally married and can document it they have STRICTLY NO ways to give you troubles as long as you can prove them wrong with the law in hands (which I had to do in a few occasion.
                  I will write posts similar to the opening post in thiis thread to further detail all the procedure for KITAP and my own experience in a few days, as soon as the new law will be promulgated. It will alllow me to do everything in one time Conversion of ITAS in ITAP for those married with an Indonesian citizen + alih sponsor for those married with an Indonesian wife BUT with a KITAS sponsored by an Indonesian company (you can not go directly from an ITAS sponsored by a company to an ITAP sponsored by a WNI wife/husband and need to do a alih sponsor

Quite simple indeed.
                  Last edited by atlantis; 27-04-11, 11:54.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                    • Feb 2009

social budhaya or visa on arrival OK for 1 year Family Kitas?

I am seeking some general clarification on a number of things concerning the process for the one year Kitas. I am married to an Indonesian lady and have a child from my wife (new born 26 March and birth certificate obtained). Marriage is Kantor urusan Agama with the Buku Nikah. Questions are these:

1. My VOA extension runs out on11 May. Can this be used for the 1 year Visa while I am still here AND is it sufficient time to go through some if not all the loops identified by Anlantis?

2. Is the specimen format of the Sponsor Letter and the Guarantee Letter pretty much the same as for Visa on Arrival and Social Budhaya?

3. Just avoid any confusion in my head, KanIm is Kantor Immigration, Kantor Wilayah (KanWil) is a branch of the kantor Immigration (or not?) and Kantor Lurah is another name for the Kelurihan where we issue KTPs and stuff like that. Ditjen is the main Immigration place on Rasuna Said in central jakarta. Am I wrong on anything?

4. will the Ryawat Hidup be asked for and how detailed will it be?

It may be that I must re-enter in mid May on another social Budhaya but if anyone thinks I can do it in time on my Visa on Arrival extension, let me know. I know I must still go out on or before 11 May.

I spoke to Kuningan Immigration and they also asked 5 juta for a one year Family visa, expedite application, go to Singapore, pick up Vitas, come back, pay bogor Immigration another 1.2 juta. Still hidden costs for the Police Card, Tax Card and Blue Book right? They called it 'risk management' fee in the absence of all the foreigner documens such as Bank Statements and work evidence, life insurance, pension income not being apparent to them. thats rubbish of course but how best to approach the situation.

Wondering what people think about the new proposed Residency Visa which we are entitled to later this yearwhen the 7.8 April parliament decision is enacted. Its going to take time isnt it?

Coming in on another Sosbud will mean another Police Registreation at Cibinong (wont it like usual) but if I read correctly, I have the time to complete the process for converting Sosbud into the 1 year Kitas.

BUT do I have time to process it between now and 11 May? If wondering why I left it late, complciated divorce from my first Indonesian wife, remarried the current one 22 March at the KUA Kantor Urusan Agama and baby came 26 March, so kinda busy but we got the Birth Certificiate inside a week from Catatan Sipils archaic office in Cibinong and complied with Keluhiran and Kecamatan.

tired of all the Visa runs, I prefer Penang actually for the Sosbud than Singapore or KL, kind of easier there.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                      • Feb 2009

I want to add this as a footquote to my main comment. Bogor Immigration are generally friendly and helpful as it suits them but obstructive when it comes to getting the 1 year Visa. as in the comment above from the other person, they direct you to Kuningan who greet you with a smile at the main desk and ask 5 Juta for the process. I am not sure if it is the same kind of visa and it may be helpful to quote 'chapter and verse' of the actual law to Bogor Immigration on my next visit (quite possibly tomorrow Thursday 28 April). I am at a loss to understand how other Immigration Offices can process and bogor Immigration cannot. Can someone please elaborate on this?

Comment

• Davita
                        • Jul 2008

mrcibubur...I cannot help with your query but sure others will.

My question to you is...can you elaborate on getting the Sosbud in Penang?

I normally go to KL and then often go to Penang for a few days vacation before returning to Jakarta.

If it is easy to get the visa in Penang I might try that next time.

Comment

• marcus
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
                          1. My VOA extension runs out on11 May. Can this be used for the 1 year Visa while I am still here AND is it sufficient time to go through some if not all the loops identified by Anlantis?
                          2. Is the specimen format of the Sponsor Letter and the Guarantee Letter pretty much the same as for Visa on Arrival and Social Budhaya?
                          3. , Kantor Wilayah (KanWil) is and Kantor Lurah is another name for the Kelurihan
                          4. will the Ryawat Hidup be asked for and how detailed will it be?
                          5. I spoke to Kuningan Immigration and they also asked 5 juta for a one year Family visa, expedite application, go to Singapore, pick up Vitas, come back, pay bogor Immigration another 1.2 juta. Still hidden costs for the Police Card, Tax Card and Blue Book right? They called it 'risk management' fee in the absence of all the foreigner documens such as Bank Statements and work evidence, life insurance, pension income not being apparent to them. thats rubbish of course but how best to approach the situation.
                          6. Wondering what people think about the new proposed Residency Visa which we are entitled to later this yearwhen the 7.8 April parliament decision is enacted. Its going to take time isnt it?...
                          1. It may be possible to get the VITAS authorization (to collect it at an Embassy , return , and convert it in KITAS) , but not sure .

2. Yes , and there is a sample for the sponsor letter in the ref. below . The guarantee letter is that same standard form "Surat Permintaan dan Jaminan" used for sosial budaya extension , in which I never wrote the sponsor income.

3. See the ref. below and there will be no mistakes . Kantor Wilayah mentioned is the regional immigration office located at the Province's capital city .

4. They didn't requested it from me and from some others (see ref. below) . But if requested , just make a simple one .

5. There are some immigration officers who act exactly like agents . You should always go to the correct counters ( ITAS counter for KITAS , Visa Kunjungan for sosial budaya ,..) .
                          You can find real agents charging less than 5 juta for this type of KITAS , and none of the things you mentioned is normally required (see ref. below) .

6. For info about the new Law , see :

Other ref. :
                          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , posts no. 246/247 (my case)
                          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...s-in-real-time...

Agents ( your type of KITAS may be referred as family KITAS , cheaper than work KITAS , and some prices may not include documents from Police and Kantor Catatan Sipil ) :
                          http://www.produkdalamnegeri.com/pt.php?id=275&lang=en (agentKITASwork permit)Rp3.9J
                          PT. Mulia Prima Permai | Bali Retirement Visa & Travelling Agent

http://www.balimode-biz.com/temporary_visa.php (Rp4 J for family KITAS)

Established in 1996, Bali Ide has been dedicated to serving the expatriate community in Bali and all over Indonesia. Our comprehensive services encompass business consultancy, legal expertise, and visa services. With a team of experienced legal professionals and a wealth of knowledge in visa regulations, we are well-equipped to guide you through the complexities, making your journey into the heart of Indonesia a seamless and rewarding experience.

Terminal document services, gunawan, document, documents, tracking passport, passport, visa, kitas, working permit, travel, tour, tour travel, travel service, agen, agency, holiday, best price, hotel, hotels

Direktori Bisnis dan B2B Marketplace Terbesar di Indonesia Menyediakan Berbagai Produk dan Layanan Bisnis Terlengkap dari Perusahaan Terpercaya

Jakarta Busines Services

Last edited by marcus; 27-04-11, 20:10.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                            • Feb 2009

Thanks for the useful information provided to date. It does help to clarify a lot of the simple stuff however basic. I am no idiot and no newcomer to Indonesian life or immigration but it is perhaps time to bed down for a Kitas and stop the Visa runs. I think it must be the same guy at Kuningan Immigration who greets everybody in reception and quotes the 5 or 6 million. No way will I pay that knowing I have other incidental costs as indicated on this website and others.

Personally I havent done it previously because my divorce from my first Indonesian wife was truamatic and my marriage to my new one a cautious affair, first Kawin Siri and now Buku Nikah. Bargaining on the marriage costs is another thing with kantor Urusan Agama - I paid less than 500 all in, can anyone beat that.? Amazing the powerr of Blackberry and U Tube these days, these Immigration guys get scared!

Just a further comment about my preference about Penang. I dont like Singapore for one thing, too expensive and not my type of place, KL pretty much the same and its fairly boring there and the Consulate office is rather normal, you take a ticket number and wait to be called. A lot more informal in Penang, its easy to get to from Georgetown Lebih Chulia and from the airport and its on the way to the beach while waiting to pick up the Visa same day - KL never did that for me. Penang is a whole lot more user friendly than KL and interesting also but thats my opinion. I did get once gwet the Sobud at Songkla Thailand (lfy to Phuket) but actually they needed special permission because they are not a CONSULATE GENERAL, beware of that.

Comment

• mrcibubur
                              • Feb 2009

Sorry for the avoidance of doubt, could someone just copy/cut and paste into the forum reply the format of the Sponsorship Letter. Bogor Immigration can be very 'picky' on presentation and I jsut want to be sure of the wording on how it compares with the format for thesame letter for Sosbud extension (rather than Conversion to Kitas) and for VOA Extension. Might be useful if we had an online precedents folder linked to the site to avoid replication of the same question. Just a thought.

Comment

• Sky Garden
                                • Nov 2010

Let's have a Wiki page

Just a thought

Comment

Working...
                                X