X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Willian59
    • Oct 2017

Hello marcus,
    2 weeks ago i could extend my sosbud by sponsor istri at kantor imirasi jakarta selatan..and i asked how to convert to itas and kitas..the employee told me the procedure...
    This morning i brought all the documents..he checked it was ok..and told me : on friday interview at the apartmen
    But 2 hours after he called me and asked me to come back to kantor imigrasi..and he explained it is not possible to follow this procedure..i have to follow the index visa 317..hukum dari 2105..before they tolerate itk ke itas but since one month not possible again
    According to you i have to insist and show him the law or it is not negociable
    Thanks for your reply

Comment

• marcus
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Willian59 View Post
      ...i have to follow the index visa 317..hukum dari 2105..before they tolerate itk ke itas but since one month not possible again ...

I am not sure if I understood what you mean by that . Did you mean that the officer said you can only convert a KITAS to KITAP if you get a KITAS from a Limited Stay Visa/VITAS index 317 , and this is stated in a 2015's Regulation ? Didn't you get the name/number of the Regulation that state that ?

Also inform us how long you have been married

Comment

• Willian59
        • Oct 2017

Hello marcus
        Sorry for misunderstanding..i mean to convert my visa social budaya-vksb- to itas sponsor istri..
        I married last october..
        I entered indonesia in september 2017 with vksb...i married in october..my wife sponsored me to extend my vksb..but i could not convert this visa into itas...i have to apply for index visa 317...and take it abroad...

Comment

• marcus
          • Jul 2008

Ah , it was my fault , I don't know why I saw the word "KITAP" in your post .

Ok , then I suggest you to return to Kantor Imigrasi and very humbly ask the name/number/year of the "new" Regulation (maybe it would be better that your Indonesian spouse talk to the officer) . Be very careful in talking to the officer , don't make him/her feel bad .

After you get the name/number/year of the "new" rule , you can get a copy of it and check yourself and/or tell us here , so we can check it .

---------------------------------------------

PERATURAN PEMERINTAH REPUBLIK INDONESIA NOMOR 31 TAHUN 2013

Pasal 165
          (1) Izin Tinggal yang telah diberikan kepada Orang Asing dapat dialihstatuskan.
          (2) Izin Tinggal yang dapat dialihstatuskan meliputi:
          a. Izin Tinggal Kunjungan menjadi Izin Tinggal Terbatas;
          b. Izin Tinggal terbatas menjadi Izin Tinggal Tetap; dan
          c. Izin Tinggal Kunjungan dan Izin Tinggal Terbatas menjadi Izin Tinggal Dinas.

Comment

• Dr. Michael Beer
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by atlantis View Post

Bali, Jakarta or Manado, where I live have the exact same legal regulation. the amoun t asked may vary but the legal fees are the same: IDR 700.000 for a 1 year KITAS. The infos I gave are valid for ALL Indonesia, not only for one province or another. Obviously agents have different fees but the standard legal fees are always the same. Follow the procedure and do it yourself, this is by far the cheapest way to do it.
            Wish you good luck.
            Can you pls tell me how long does it take to receive my final KITAP. I paid around 11jt incl. MERP and dropped the letter imigration Singaraja gave me at Kantor Wilayah... Imigration Dept. Say told me they have to send thismto Jkt.

Comment

• marcus
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
              Can you pls tell me how long does it take to receive my final KITAP ...

I would guess , around 3 weeks .

Comment

• Dr. Michael Beer
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by marcus View Post

I would guess , around 3 weeks .
                Thank you very much. And how much is the actual fee incl. 2yrs MERP?

Comment

• marcus
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
                  ... And how much is the actual fee incl. 2yrs MERP?

See answer to your (repeated) question at http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...wal-cost/page5 (KITAP extension)

You would make a favor to everybody if you post in the appropriate thread and each question just once .

Comment

• Misja Alexander
                    • Dec 2017

Hi, I would like to ask the following. I have been working in Jakarta for three years at a local company (this company therefore sponsors my work permit/KITAS). In the meantime (in September 2016) I married my Indonesian wife. I am planning to leave my job at the local company (the KITAS will expire soon anyway) and use my wife as the sponsor of my new KITAS so I can continue to reside in Indonesia. In a later stage we are planning to open a local company on my wife's name (which will then cover my work permit). But for the moment my question is this: is it possible to change the sponsor of my existing KITAS from the company to my wife without having to leave Indonesia (and let the work permit expire cause I'm leaving the company)? We have a newborn child and I would really hate to be apart from my family for a couple of weeks or months to arrange a new KITAS. What would your advice be in this situation? Thanks in advance...

Comment

• marcus
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Misja Alexander View Post
                      (1) ... is it possible to change the sponsor of my existing KITAS from the company to my wife without having to leave Indonesia ...

(2) ... I would really hate to be apart from my family for a couple of weeks or months to arrange a new KITAS ...

(1) Yes , it is possible . The process is basically the same as getting a KITAS sponsored by Indonesian spouse , but Immigration requires an additional letter from your employer stating they will not sponsor you anymore and allow your spouse to sponsor you instead (ask a sample of the letter at your Kantor Imigrasi) .

(2) Well , even if you decide to start from zero , you can get a Limited Stay Visa/VITAS or a Social Cultural & Family Visit Visa in Singapore in just one day (with an agent) .

Comment

• Misja Alexander
                        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(1) Yes , it is possible . The process is basically the same as getting a KITAS sponsored by Indonesian spouse , but Immigration requires an additional letter from your employer stating they will not sponsor you anymore and allow your spouse to sponsor you instead (ask a sample of the letter at your Kantor Imigrasi) .

(2) Well , even if you decide to start from zero , you can get a Limited Stay Visa/VITAS or a Social Cultural & Family Visit Visa in Singapore in just one day (with an agent) .
                        Thank you for the answers & advice, Marcus (and I wish you a happy new year). One additional question though: would it be a problem that my wife's KTP is still one from Balikpapan (Kalimantan), while we actually live in Jakarta (and we want to continue living in Jakarta)? My wife has been working in Jakarta for almost a decade but never changed her KTP from Balikpapan to Jakarta.

Comment

• marcus
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Misja Alexander View Post
                          (a) ... I wish you a happy new year .

(b) ... would it be a problem that my wife's KTP is still one from Balikpapan (Kalimantan), while we actually live in Jakarta ...

(a) Thanks , the same for you !

(b) It is probably a problem . And probably your wife's KK/Kartu Keluarga is not updated too , so 2 essential documents for your KITAS . You can ask the specific officer responsible for ITAS processes at your local Kantor Imigrasi if at least he/she can accept the Jakarta's Catatan Sipil receipt of the new KK & KTP request + the old KK & KTP .
                          In parallel ask somebody in Balikpapan to get the Surat Pindah for the Jakarta's new documents .
                          Last edited by marcus; 02-01-18, 00:32.

Comment

• Willian59
                            • Oct 2017

I would like to thank the forum and especially marcus for all your advice and info...this morning,i got my e-kitas baru sponsor wife...i follow the procedure online and got the vitas first..had to get it in kuala lumpur-4 days working-...and my wife had to uptade status kk dan ektp kawin...thanks again

Comment

• marcus
                              • Jul 2008

... wife sponsored me to extend my vksb ... but i could not convert this visa into itas...i have to apply for index visa 317...and take it abroad ...
                              ... i follow the procedure online and got the vitas first..had to get it in kuala lumpur ...

Willian59 , in last November I suggest you to insist with your local kantor Imigrasi in order to get a KITAS from your Social Cultural Visa , so you would not have to go to Kuala Lumpur . Could you tell us why you ended up this way ?

Comment

• Willian59
                                • Oct 2017

I could not deal with the local kantor imigrasi.b ecause my social cultural visa was not made via the website imigrasi.co.id..not registrate in the dirjen.no sponsor name on it...
                                So i follow the procedure vitas online..telex 317...1 month to get it..because my wife had to update the status of her kk dan ktp..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍