X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cup1981
    • Jun 2010

KITAS Process in real time...

For some background, see http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...nst-immigrasi)

Ok, many people probably have been through it already, but for the new people to the site, I am going to outline my KITAS process and fees as I go. Everything just started today by going to the Catatan Sipil to register me and my wife's marriage. Rememeber, I am the foreigner, my wife is my sponsor and I am on a SosBud (Social Visit) We needed:

1) My Birth Certificate (Original)
    2) Photocopy of my passport
    3) Original Marriage Certificate (From U.S.)
    4) Translated Copy of our Marriage Certificate (My wife an I translated it and formatted in in Microsoft Word so it looks identical to the original)
    5) photocopy of my Wife's family card
    6) Photocopy of my wifes KTP
    7) My Wife's birth certificate (Original)

This was a short process here in Tasikmalaya, it only took about 30 minutes, including waiting for our turn. They said that it will be prepared on Tuesday (It is Friday today). We were supposed to register our marriage within 30 days or risk, up to, a Rp. 1.000.000 fine. We are registering at almost 120 days, but no mention of a fine when we met with them today. We will see on Tuesday.

No fees paid at this step.

To Be Continued.............
    Last edited by cup1981; 22-10-10, 15:01. Reason: Adding text
  • The Von
    • Aug 2010

great thread cup1981, keep us updated please. I'm on SOSBUD as well and will be converting to KITAS.

Comment

• atlantis
      Banned
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cup1981 View Post
      We were supposed to register our marriage within 30 days or risk, up to, a Rp. 1.000.000 fine. We are registering at almost 120 days, but no mention of a fine when we met with them today. We will see on Tuesday.
      Before 2006, the delay to report was 1 year, as defined by the marriage law. Many Capil are not aware yet of the "new" stipulation of the 2006 administration of the population law which has reduced the delay to once month. You may be lucky...

Comment

• cup1981
        • Jun 2010

I was thinking that same thing. This may be the one time that I will NOT walk in with the updated laws hehe.

Comment

• cup1981
          • Jun 2010

Ok.... Back from the Catatan Sipil. We got our marriage registration (Surat Keterangan). I was late and was expecting up to a Rp.1.000.000 fine, but did not get one, probably due to lack of knowledge of the new laws (first time it ever worked in my favor). We spent about 1 hour in the office, mostly just talking to the lady about our son and changing my wife's last name.

We needed to make a copy of my original birth certificate for them, while we were there.

Copies: Rp500
          Administration Fee: Rp30.000
          Total at this step: Rp30.500

Total Cost of KITAS Process to date: Rp30.500

Next step is to go to KamIm for our paperwork for KanWil, hope to do that next week.

To be continued........

Comment

• cup1981
            • Jun 2010

We noticed one small issue lol. They listed me as Kristen (Christian) and my wife as Islam. Technically, for ease of paperwork I am listed as Islam in Indonesia, but we don't foresee any problems.. Atlantis or anyone can you verify that??

Racial profiling I guess hehe
            Last edited by cup1981; 26-10-10, 15:49.

Comment

• cup1981
              • Jun 2010

We are going to my local KanIm today and getting some clarification and may be starting the paperwork today, if our "pal" at imigrasi doe not ask for a bank statement, we will see.... I will update as soon as we get back.

Comment

• cup1981
                • Jun 2010

Back from th KanIm, everything went smoothly except the officer first thought we needed a marriage book, which we don't have, but after speaking to a higher officer he found out the letter from the Catatan Sipil was sufficient. Also, a bank statement was never even mentioned.

What we needed to bring:

1) My Passport
                2) 3 Copies of my passport photo page
                3) 3 Copies of my visa extension stamps
                4) 3 Copies of my arrival card
                5) 3 Copies of sponsor's KTP
                6) 3 Copies of sponsor's Passport photo page
                7) 3 Copies of my sponsor's family card
                8) 3) copies of marriage registration from Catatan Sipil, Original needed for verification
                9) 3 Copies of US marriage certificate (English)
                10) 3 Copies of US marriage certificate (Bahasa Indonisia)
                11) 4 3X4 Passport-sized photos

Forms We had to fill out:

1) Surat Permintaan Jaminan (Letter of Guarantee Demand)
                2) Formulir Izin Tinggal (Residency Form)
                3) Formulir Perubahan Data Orang Asing (Alien Data Change Form)
                4) Perpanjangan Atau Konversi Izin Kunjungan (Conversion Or Visit Permit Renewal)

I think that is everything, I will add stuff if I remember something new.....

After that, we got a neatly organized Red folder with all of the documents, in three sets (KanIm, KanWil and DitJen). We took that folder back to the desk in the KanIm and handed it to our "friend" at the desk. He reviewed it all, for about 30 minutes, stamped it then gave us a receipt for the documents. He stated that, since it was break-time, that the letter will take a while to process. He is going to bring the letter home and we will pick it up at his home, since KanIm is an hour drive from my house and he only lives a few minutes from us (we did this same thing with the letter to the KanWil for my extension). Once we get the letter, we are scheduling the trip to Bandung (KanWil), this should be tomorrow.

Total cost at this step: Rp 32.000 (including 2 drinks lol)
                Total Cost to Date: Rp 62.500

FYI This Imigrasi worker that is being so helpful that I call my "friend" is the same guy I refered to as the Imigrasi Bozo (not Bozo II) in my previous posts, it is funny how things change once they know you are not going to accept bullcrap.
                Last edited by cup1981; 27-10-10, 13:46.

Comment

• cup1981
                  • Jun 2010

We got the paperwork for both Bandung and Jakarta tonight. The car is rented for the morning. Rp 200.000 for a car and a driver for 12 hours, plus fuel, lunch an cigarettes lol.

I am not going to count the car rental against the KITAS fees since it varies from person to person.

Comment

• atlantis
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2008

We got the paperwork for both Bandung and Jakarta tonight.
                    This is the KanWil in Bandung which will give you the paper for the DitJenIm in Jakarta. The KanIm just issue a recommendation to the Kanwil and join the files for both the KanWil and the DitJenIm, but the final recommendation will be given to you by the KanWil tomorrow.

Comment

• cup1981
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                      This is the KanWil in Bandung which will give you the paper for the DitJenIm in Jakarta. The KanIm just issue a recommendation to the Kanwil and join the files for both the KanWil and the DitJenIm, but the final recommendation will be given to you by the KanWil tomorrow.

Ohhh, for some reason the KanIm put one in an envelope addressed to the KanWil and the other to the DitJen. Probably just another KanIm screw up lol.

Quick question for you Atlantis.... Will the KanWil process my paperwork and issue the letter in the same day, or will we have to drive back to pick it up? FYI We are leaving Tasik at about 6:00 AM, so we should be there at about opening time.

Adding: Also, my Imigrasi "friend" said that after I get my KITAS, I have to go back to Bandung for my SKLD, I though I could get this from my local Polisi in Tasik, am I mistaken?
                      Last edited by cup1981; 27-10-10, 20:17. Reason: Added question

Comment

• Addee
                        • Mar 2009

Hi Cup1981,
                        An STM is applied for at your local Polisi but the SKLD has to be applied for at your regional police office; where ever that may be for you. I am quite lucky myself as the office for Jawa Timur is in Surabaya, down the road from the KanIm.
                        Last edited by Addee; 27-10-10, 20:30.

Comment

• cup1981
                          • Jun 2010

Thanks Addee, that must mean Bandung... Well that just sucks lol. Hopefully they process my letter the same day.

Comment

• atlantis
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2008

Ohhh, for some reason the KanIm put one in an envelope addressed to the KanWil and the other to the DitJen. Probably just another KanIm screw up lol.
                            It's not a screw up. KanWil will add inside the envelope for the DitJenIm the letter of recommendation signed by the immigration boss of the Kanwil. That is the one which is of importance. If you open the envelope of the DitJenIm you will find out that there is certainly only your file in it (one set of the copies you gave them).
                            Quick question for you Atlantis.... Will the KanWil process my paperwork and issue the letter in the same day, or will we have to drive back to pick it up? FYI We are leaving Tasik at about 6:00 AM, so we should be there at about opening time.
                            Impossible to answer. It differs from one KanWil to another. In manado, Bapak likes to take his time. You bring him the paper and he signs it "when he has time" (usually the day after). I don't insist either. It takes me 10 minutes with my motorbike to be in the KanIm or KanWil in Manado. I usually just drop the letter and tell them that I'll pick it up the day after. However it can be delivered the same day if you show up as early as possible. The only days to avoid are fridays and mondays. Friday because they finish earlier and they don't want to be rushed before the week end (usually very little is done in any administration on fridays) and monday because no one wants to be pressured after a long week end and that they already have to perform the job not done on fridays.
                            Adding: Also, my Imigrasi "friend" said that after I get my KITAS, I have to go back to Bandung for my SKLD, I though I could get this from my local Polisi in Tasik, am I mistaken?
                            You can do a STM anywhere but a SKLD is delivered by MABES POLRI in Jakarta and sent to the POLDA office, section Intelkam of the province which centralizes all the datas for foreigners. For this reason you generally have to go there. However, check first to your POLTABES/POLRESTA (I assume that Tasikmalaya has the status of Kota Besar) in Tasikmalaya. Some Poltabes are abilitated to deal with SKLD.
                            Last edited by atlantis; 27-10-10, 20:43.

Comment

• atlantis
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2008

Oops, I see that Addee answered you for the SKLD while I was typing.

Comment

Working...
                              X