X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tihzho
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post

That's pretty much the same drill I have been going through to get back to what was the starting point under the old version. This "improvement" seems to have been designed by the same people who manage Jakarta traffic.
    I agree! haha

After reading through the posts from the Mod Squad regarding how they're weren't notified about the impending major change I can't say I'm not surprised as this is what makes Indonesia, Indonesia.

Comment

• bad_azz
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tihzho View Post

I agree! haha

After reading through the posts from the Mod Squad regarding how they're weren't notified about the impending major change I can't say I'm not surprised as this is what makes Indonesia, Indonesia.
      Except to my knowledge the admin are in the USA
      Cicak Magnet

Comment

• El_Goretto
        Banned
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Happyman View Post

You really are a public servant, aren't you? I appreciate the spirit of it, but I'm more the "let some other buggers early adopt and write about fifty guides on how to use it and then I'll have a look" type.

If there were no glitches, and this were my first day on the forum, I'd be pleased with the software. Actually, the most noticeable thing for me is the low number of posts that A mentioned. Seems like there is hardly anything to read these days... though I sometimes felt like that anyway, completely subjectively.
        VBulletin 5 (the version this forum got upgraded to recently) is hardly new. It was released in February 2013 so there's been plenty of guides written since then to ensure a smooth upgrade. Though in this instance, it seems that upgrading wasn't necessarily the best move. According to wikipedia:

vBulletin 5 Connect was released to the public as beta 11 on 25 September 2012. At that time the product lacked many major features, and the release was for testing and verification purposes only. With the introduction of vBulletin Connect, Internet Brands are moving the software in a new direction, quite unlike previous releases. This has come under strong debate within the vBulletin community. vBulletin 5 Connect was released as a stable 'gold' product on 21 February 2013 still missing many features, including the infraction system, paid subscriptions, and the CMS feature debuted on vBulletin 4. The infraction system and paid subscriptions were added in 5.0.1 but many other features remain missing.
        Not sure how accurate or current this is since the installed version on the forum is 5.2.2. Surely these missing features have been added. Or not. Who knows when so many things are broken?

Comment

• tihzho
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post

VBulletin 5 (the version this forum got upgraded to recently) is hardly new. It was released in February 2013 so there's been plenty of guides written since then to ensure a smooth upgrade. Though in this instance, it seems that upgrading wasn't necessarily the best move. According to wikipedia:

Not sure how accurate or current this is since the installed version on the forum is 5.2.2. Surely these missing features have been added. Or not. Who knows when so many things are broken?
          vBulletin 5 doesn't have a lot of good reviews and there was used to be a hate site for it at one time! hahaha

Do you agree with vBulletin's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 51 customers have already said.

Comment

• waarmstrong
            • Sep 2008

I appreciate the added technical detail from El & Tihzho, but getting the thing working properly is not in my job description. My responsibility as a user is to let the folks with the tool box know the leaks need to be plugged before the ship sinks.

If I abandon ship, is there a direction in which the lifeboat should be rowed? If members can suggest alternate sites with a similar purpose and format, I am all ears.

Comment

• Happyman
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
              I appreciate the added technical detail from El & Tihzho, but getting the thing working properly is not in my job description. My responsibility as a user is to let the folks with the tool box know the leaks need to be plugged before the ship sinks.

If I abandon ship, is there a direction in which the lifeboat should be rowed? If members can suggest alternate sites with a similar purpose and format, I am all ears.
              I think part of the reason I keep coming back is the users. Some of the people on here, I've read hundreds of their posts. I've spent hundreds of hours on this site, over the years. I don't think I would bother looking for the same type of site, somewhere else. It's not like I come here for up to the minute news on immigration law. I need info from this site like 3 times a year, if that. But, if most of the people who are interesting to read leave... yeah, there would be no reason to stick around.

Comment

• bad_azz
                • Feb 2011

Can anyone else delete PMs?
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

• jason206
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                  I don't know because mine goes to Jaime's "Messages" homepage. When I click on one of the folders, i.e. inbox or sent, I'm back to being logged in as jason206 and it says I don't have access to those (Jaime's) folders. Long story short, yours is working better than mine.

Damn it, Jaime. I know you were just joking (or were you) but I still want revenge. Why can't the glitches just be more consistent at least...

Edit: Oops, forgot to try hitting refresh. Yes I can delete PMs.
                  Last edited by jason206; 12-07-16, 02:51.

Comment

• waarmstrong
                    • Sep 2008

There seems to be a disconnect between the notification of new messages via the red 1, 2, 3 etc. in the top right "messages" slot and the actual posting of messages (including notifications) on members' messages pages. I periodically get red numbers indicating new messages, but there are no messages actually posted until a day or so later. The lag, or disconnect, or whatever the problem is is just another unnecessary annoying impact of this new system. It's this sort of thing covered in programming 101?

Comment

• marcus
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by jason206 View Post
                      ... Yes I can delete PMs.
                      I can delete PMs too .

Comment

• rogerjones
                        • Jan 2015

I tried uploading an image of my beautiful cat on Bali who needs a new home (sees Pets sections) but could not. I tried resizing the image and changing the file format (JPEG and PNG) but nothing worked.

Comment

• bad_azz
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by marcus View Post

I can delete PMs too .
                          Well I can't , neither in job lots nor one by one -specifically the sent folder
                          I cannot send messages because my message quota is full up???? wtf is that about, says I have 161 stored messages out of a permitted quota of 150????

But the plus side: I am me, so at least I don't have a doubled up account

"You have reached your stored private message quota of 150 messages. You have 161 messages saved combined in your private message folders. You cannot send any further messages until space has been created."
                          Last edited by bad_azz; 12-07-16, 13:53.
                          Cicak Magnet

Comment

• Kucing_item
                            • Oct 2015

Hello,
                            Thank you for all the hard work. I think the outline is quite cheerfuI but I'm not sure about how the features work yet. I can't change my profile pic, I've been looking at My profie feature but I can't find "Edit My Avatar" or something like that. I can only see a faceless pic of short haired man or maybe it's a female with a very short hair Can anyone help? Oh btw, I was quite suprised when I saw my last post and see lots of red bricks under my name, I was like "Whaaaattt" but then I noticed that everybody got a hand full of red brick too (you can only tell the different when you hover your pointer) I'm just grinning and think "Wow look at how much red bricks they had, even the moderators got it. Man, they're all bad bad member just like me now"
                            Sorry for my broken english.....I'm still in learning mode

Comment

• macvert
                              • Nov 2012

Guinness medical record breakers. Longest attack of hiccups. Charles Osborne (1894-1991) of Anthon, Iowa, the US, started hiccupping in 1922 while attempting to weigh a hog before slaughtering it. He was unable to find a cure, and continued hiccupping until February 1990, a total of 68 years....
                              The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

• marcus
                                • Jul 2008

Well I can't , neither in job lots nor one by one -specifically the sent folder
                                I cannot send messages ...

Before I deleted from the inbox , but now that you said "sent box" , I just tried and I could not delete too .

I would delete some messages from the inbox and then try to send .
                                Last edited by marcus; 12-07-16, 20:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X