Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waarmstrong
    replied
    I wonder how many expats a dumb enough to retire in Indonesia...besides me?

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Here is a little more detail pinched from the internet

Indonesia Engineering Bill Passed Ahead of AEC 2015
    BY DEWI KURNIAWATI ON 28 FEB 2014
    Workers finishing development of a toll road in South Jakarta.
    After ten years of discussion, the House of Representative passed Indonesia engineering bill on Tuesday in a bid to provide a framework for local engineers practising in Indonesia. The bill still has to be signed by the president before it becomes law.
    The bill anticipates an influx of foreign engineers from neighbouring countries come the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) Economic Community in 2015 which will open up the region for an exchange of skilled and professional workers.
    Mr Rully Chairul Azwar, Chairman for the House Special Committee for Engineering Bill, stated that foreign engineers may work in Indonesia, as long as their services are needed. “But they have to be qualified,” he said as quoted by local media after the legislation was passed by the house.
    Some highlighted points of the Indonesia engineering bill are: first, foreign engineers can only practice in Indonesia in accordance with the needs of human resources, science and technology development that has been set by the national government; second, to obtain a work permit, a foreign engineer must have a certificate of registration from the Union of Indonesian engineers (PII) which is based on the registration certificate or certificate of competency; and finally, foreign engineers can provide engineering services in disaster management, or incidental consultation without a work permit, although they should notify relevant ministries prior to starting work.
    Indonesia is said to be the eighth country in Southeast Asia region which regulates professional engineers through statute law, leaving only Myanmar and Laos without such a framework.

Leave a comment:

• Berlarutlarut
    replied
    I imagine huge numbers of Indonesians will go to places like Malaysia

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    It will be interesting to see what happens to these figures in 2015.

The following is taken from Four Crucial Points in Anticipating of 2015 AEC
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013
    Fitri Novia Heriani, Andin Aditya Rahman

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=helvetica]Thirdly, AEC 2015 will set loose labor flows in the ASEAN region, resulting in an increase in foreign workers. The Government, asserts Hendri, must establish a strategy to anticipate a flood of foreign labor into Indonesia.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• atlantis
    replied
    OK... Here it is (source: Nakertrans/Manpower dept):

Basically it says that IMTA (foreign worker employment permit) concerning 68.957 foreign worker have been issued by Nakertrans and that the number in the past two years have been decreasing, due to the enforcement of existing regulations. It includes both the "normal" IMTA and the IMTA darurat (emergency employment permit issued for period of 1 to 6 months).

Keep in mind that the above figure concerns ONLY foreign workers and not any other categories of foreign resident. As a matter of example, I work but am not included in the above statistics due to the specificity of my permit (foreign spouse of a WNI). Anyway, people like me don't account for tens of thousands and the above figure should be pretty accurrate.

If you want to have an idea of the number of foreign resident in Indonesia, I should also have the figures (or at least may be able to obtain it). For this, Depkumham (Justice and Human Rights dept) statistics are the one to look for.

Leave a comment:

• atlantis
    replied
    I think the figure is well over 50K now. I must have datas somewhere in one of my hard disks. Will try to check it.
    Last edited by atlantis; 14-04-14, 16:59.

Leave a comment:

• chrisvdb
    replied
    Updated expat stats

Hi guys,

Sorry for responding to such an old thread, but I was wondering if anybody is aware of any more recent statistics on expats in Indonesia. I (obviously) tried Google but didn't find anything useful.

Thanks,
    Chris.

Leave a comment:

• lantern
    replied
    Originally posted by rainman View Post
    Well they forgot about the Russian and China girl working in Kota.

last I checked with my contact that managed these places. They numbered about 20K
    I don't imagine the study includes undocumented workers

Leave a comment:

• rainman
    replied
    Chinese girl working here in Sands, Malioboro, Crown etc etc... hehe

Leave a comment:

• Cryptkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by rainman View Post

last I checked with my contact that managed these places. They numbered about 20K
    Russian and China girls, 20k really?

China as in coming from mainland China or China as in have been in Indonesia for like 10 generations?

Leave a comment:

• rainman
    replied
    Originally posted by snpark View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The number of foreign workers in Indonesia at the end of September 2009 was 45,384[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]really??[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]surprised at that, seems quite a low figure[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]but then again it is sort of "discouraged" for firms to employ expats etc[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]whereas in dubai, theres about 10,000 alone working just for emirates airline[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]not bad for a population of +/- 5m whole of uae and what +/- 200m in indonesia?![/SIZE][/FONT]

Leave a comment:

• t___c
    replied
    Originally posted by Mas Fred View Post
    I understand you can get that service if you work on the North Sea rigs and go out without your trousers.
    ......... or playing rugby in January without a fur lined jockstrap.... and ladies there is NOTHING.... and that includes childbirth ..........NOTHING like taking a rugby ball in the nuts at point blank range on a frosty Saturday afternoon ... the initial impact is bad enough but when the nether regions thaw out in the communal bath.............. aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh

Leave a comment:

• t___c
    replied
    Originally posted by lantern View Post
    Sorry, I just checked and it said [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]mining and extraction sector pays the highest salaries which were above 125 million a month. That's the closest they came to mentioning oil. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    ........... try doubling the figure to get in the ball park

Leave a comment:

• t___c
    replied
    Originally posted by tjamail View Post
    They didn't care to mention oilfield trash?
    Oilfield Trash .. there .. just did

Leave a comment:

• snpark
    replied
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The number of foreign workers in Indonesia at the end of September 2009 was 45,384[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]really??[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]surprised at that, seems quite a low figure[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]but then again it is sort of "discouraged" for firms to employ expats etc[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]whereas in dubai, theres about 10,000 alone working just for emirates airline[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]not bad for a population of +/- 5m whole of uae and what +/- 200m in indonesia?![/SIZE][/FONT]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍