X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminasi
    • Nov 2013

Some people do care

Hey everyone. So after the issues with the church and then the pastor cancelling 4 days before the wedding i decided to go all out with my searching and calling and guess what happened? Pretty much 98% closed the door on us, until....

2 days before the wedding i found a church on facebook, i messaged them with the complete story of what happened and within an hour i got a phone call "I have a few questions for you." He asked to clarify about everything he had read from the message and he then said "let's meet tomorrow, i would like to also meet your future wife and her parents, bring any legal documents you have and let's get this partnership blessed"

As you can imagine i was speechless. As instructed we visited the church and was greeted by a young, enthusiastic pastor who gave us a nice 45 minutes to have a counseling session with him. His English was almost perfect and his attitude toward the situation was very sincere, he spoke his mind and we welcome the straight to the point attitude. The next day he came to the wedding bringing musicians, all the religious decorations to turn our reception into a church to hold the ceremony and he blessed me and my (now) wife and prayed and really helped us in our time of need. No judgement, no "donation" request (i even tried to hand him some as my way to say thank you and he refused, asked me not to take offence and put it back in my pocket and told me it was his duty) then went on his merry way. We have the certificate and documentation for the legal requirements and he will also do a baptism to give that document too. He was truly a saint to us and i don't know what would have happened without his welcoming warm heart.

So I'm now a husband and soon will be a father and thanks to this kind pastor and his welcoming church we now have a blessed union and the documentation to make it legal.

So if anyone is seeking a nice, modern and none judgmental community to be part of then i strongly suggest City Light Church, Jakarta. their slogans says it all "perfect people not welcome" "sinners and saints welcome" as the pastor said, his church is full of people who don't like going to church.
  • sparky73
    Banned
    • Jan 2014

without being sarcastic, did you check he was a real pastor? authorised to hold the service etc legally?
    i know you said you got the documents, but stranger things have happened?
    almost sounds too good to be true

Comment

• waarmstrong
      • Sep 2008

Sounds to me like he was the only real pastor you ran across. The other 98% are the pretenders.

Comment

• atlantis
        Banned
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sparky73 View Post
        without being sarcastic, did you check he was a real pastor? authorised to hold the service etc legally?
        For the record, the religious marriage as no legal value. Not to say that we don't care if he was real or not, but what has importance is the Catatatan Sipil's part. If the wedded and family and the CaPil were happy, then it's OK.

Comment

• Illuminasi
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by sparky73 View Post
          i know you said you got the documents, but stranger things have happened?
          almost sounds too good to be true
          Of course we did. We visited his church where he was setting up for the Sunday service. We didn't just randomly meet a guy off the phone hahaha

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
          Sounds to me like he was the only real pastor you ran across. The other 98% are the pretenders.
          That's how i felt aswell. He said "As Christians we must open our doors to those in need, not slam them shut because we don't like it, this isn't Christianity and Godly behavior at all" and he went on to talk about stories in the bible that related to our situation and how they were overcome. A true man a God.

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
          For the record, the religious marriage as no legal value. Not to say that we don't care if he was real or not, but what has importance is the Catatatan Sipil's part. If the wedded and family and the CaPil were happy, then it's OK.
          For the record, i know that but as Christians the most important thing for us was to be blessed as a union infront of God and our family. The legal stuff we can deal with later.

Comment

• waarmstrong
            • Sep 2008

Like a good sit-down, the inspiring, pleasurable part is not the paperwork at the end... but for the long term its pretty important.

The best thing about the guy you hooked up with is that he is genuine, not a hypocrite. That his religious conviction fits nicely with your beliefs is the icing on the your cake, but beside the point for me.

Comment

• Rayindra
              • Aug 2011

For Atlantis, I think Catatan Sipil will ask for the religious marriage certificate (from church/mosque/vihara/temple) as one of the requirement (main requirement actually - http://www.jasaumum.com/aktePernikahan.htm)

For Illuminasi, congratulations for your happy day, wish all the happiness in the world for you and your beloved bride (and "kapan makan-makannya?" as Indonesian used to say...)
              Sorry can't help in your issue - the Churches I know are also conservative, which require months of marriage guidance class.

Last edited by Rayindra; 03-02-14, 12:58.

Comment

• yardmaster
                • Dec 2013

Congratulations Illuminasi, Good for you to stick with it to the end

Comment

• indomeee
                  • Jul 2013

Ah, this is only the beginning.

Comment

• Jaime C
                    • Jan 2011

Congratulations. I'm glad you finally found a church that would work with you. Thanks for the update.
                    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• jimmi james
                      • Nov 2013

Congratulations. I missed the story about the cancellation but I imagine that would be stressful. Glad it all worked out.

Comment

• Nimbus
                        Parade Rainmaker
                        • Mar 2010

You had me slightly confused there when you say 'pastor', as in Indonesia 'pastur' is usually for Catholic priests, while this church seems to be Protestant.

In any case, I'm glad things work out for you.

Comment

• KedaiKopi
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Rayindra View Post
                          For Atlantis, I think Catatan Sipil will ask for the religious marriage certificate (from church/mosque/vihara/temple) as one of the requirement (main requirement actually - http://www.jasaumum.com/aktePernikahan.htm)
                          I used JasaUmum to take care of my catatan sipil after church. They were helpful, I should recommend it.

[FONT=century gothic] [FONT=georgia] This sentence is a lie[/FONT][/FONT]

Comment

• KedaiKopi
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
                            You had me slightly confused there when you say 'pastor', as in Indonesia 'pastur' is usually for Catholic priests, while this church seems to be Protestant.
                            Should it be 'Vicar' ?

[FONT=century gothic] [FONT=georgia] This sentence is a lie[/FONT][/FONT]

Comment

• waarmstrong
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post

In any case, I'm glad things work out for you.
                              In the US its the other way around. When Americans hear the word pastor they thing Protestant. The Catholics have priests at a low rung of their hierarchy.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍