Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko Z.
    • Apr 2011

You're welcome. Frankly, I don't know, because I haven't taken that path. Maybe some other forum members could chime in?
    Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

• annchen
      • Sep 2009

Hi, marrying in SIngapore is really easy.... the costs for the catatan sipil/registry of marriages is 128 dollars and you need to legalize your marriage certificate at the ministry of foreign affairs (10 dollars) and at the indonesian embassy which costs 32 dollars (it takes about 2-3 daysto get the legalisations). all the documents you need are your passports and the passports of the 2 witnesses as well as divorce papers if you were married before.
      afterwards you take the legalized marriage certificate to your local capil with some other documents they need (like birth certificates etc.) and you are legally married in indonesia.
      what does make the process a little more expensive is that one of you needs to stay in singpore for 15 continous days (actually 16 days, because the date of your arrival doesn't count) before you can file the notice of marriage. than you need to wait for 21 days before you can get married. the most expensive part of getting married in singapore is probably the hotel cost.... check out the registry of marriages (ROM) official webiste for more information!
      Hidup itu pilihan!

Comment

• naughtygab
        • May 2011

i thought the marriage plan was off? based on the other thread...
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

• FrauViolet
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
          i thought the marriage plan was off? based on the other thread...
          but the dream is still on mam

Comment

• scubagirl
            • Feb 2012

Hai Liviadina,
            maybe this can help, I am also thinking to do the interfaith marriage, i have friends who got married in Indonesia with different religion (Christian & Islam), and another couple who is Hindu & Christian.
            There is a group in FB (interfaith marriage), just search at FB (i cant open FB from office, but im sure its quite easy to search for the group).
            Alternatively could contact achmad nurcholis : ahmadnurcholish.wordpress.com.

Good luck !

Comment

• sweetmaria
              • Sep 2009

Glad that mine is Catholic-Protestant.

We had a hick up due to his divorce status, but overall, it was simple. We got married in a catholic church and a month later at the registry. Done.

Btw, we were wedded in Jakarta.
              [COLOR=black]
              [/COLOR]

Comment

• annchen
                • Sep 2009

I wrote a blog about our marriage in Singapore where I describe the process of marrying an Indonesian citizen abroad (click here ) ... it might be helpful.
                Hidup itu pilihan!

Comment

• tihzho
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Niko Z. View Post
                  Catholic-Buddha, Hindu-Catholic and Hindu-Christian were the ones involving myself and friends.There were no conversions involved.
                  Hmm, not splitting hairs, I would have thought the three Abrahamic religions Christian, Judaism, and Muslims are closer in faith as all have a common root, rather than Christian, Hindu, Buddhist which are three completely different religions

Comment

• liviadina
                    • Jun 2011

hey hi thank you you right i already open and consult with achmadnurcholis wish me luck yoo

Comment

• ScooterIndo
                      • Oct 2008

cant you just lie ?? after all its the same old shit just from a different book.

Comment

• greves
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by annchen View Post
                        I wrote a blog about our marriage in Singapore where I describe the process of marrying an Indonesian citizen abroad (click here ) ... it might be helpful.
                        Thanks for the detailed report! Couple of questions for you if you don't mind, maybe add to your list if it makes sense?

1. Must the pre-nup be done in Indonesia BEFORE filing the notice of marriage? i.e., if I go wait in Singapore for 15 days and file the notice, then go to Indonesia and write the pre-nup (since there is a 21 day waiting period?) Otherwise, I have seen somewhere that the 15 days doesn't need to be continuous, so could I wait 15 days in Singapore, go to Indonesia, get the pre-nup registered, and then come back to Singapore and file right away without waiting 15 days again?

2. We don't know anybody in Singapore to witness, is there somebody at the marriage office who can act as witness?

3. Did you legalize the same original certificate at foreign affairs, your home country's embassy, and the Indonesian embassy? Or is it one original legalized for home country (i.e., Germany), and one original legalized for Indonesia? I wasn't sure about this from reading it the way you've written it.

4. I didn't see any mention but just to double-check, you didn't need a letter or affidavit of Single Status from the German embassy or for your Indonesian wife from catatan sipil?

5. Is the marriage certificate only available in English or can we get it in Indonesian/Malaysian directly from the marriage registry in Singapore?

Thanks if you can help with any of those questions!

Comment

• annchen
                          • Sep 2009

1. Must the pre-nup be done in Indonesia BEFORE filing the notice of marriage? i.e., if I go wait in Singapore for 15 days and file the notice, then go to Indonesia and write the pre-nup (since there is a 21 day waiting period?) Otherwise, I have seen somewhere that the 15 days doesn't need to be continuous, so could I wait 15 days in Singapore, go to Indonesia, get the pre-nup registered, and then come back to Singapore and file right away without waiting 15 days again?
                          The prenup can also be done after filing the notice of marriage. The important thing is that you do it before the actual marriage. I just put it on first place to show its importance.
                          However, the 15 days need to be continuous! And you have to file the notice of marriage while you're still in Singapore. I wasn't really sure about this rule myself, so in day number 16 I went to the Registry of Marriages myself and I was told that the correct order is like the: stay 15 days in Singapore (excluding day of entry), go to the Registry of Marriages and file the Nitce of Marriage (you can also file it online, but you still have to be in Singapore while you do it). Afterwards you are free to leave the country until your get married.

2. We don't know anybody in Singapore to witness, is there somebody at the marriage office who can act as witness?
                          We had the same problem and I don't think they provide witnesses at the Registry. Luckily 3 of our friends who live in Indonesia found some ceap airasia tickets and decided to come to Singapore for a short holiday and be our witness (Witnesses don't need to be Singapore citizens).
                          Our second plan was to get to know enough people permanently living in SG during the 15 days and ask 2 of them to become our witness. It is also possible to change the names of your witnesses after the filing of the notice of marriage. We didn't know who exactly was gonna come to our wedding, so I just asked 2 friends of mine for their passport numbers and used their names for filing until I really had 2 witnesses and changed them.
                          Another option might be to get in contact with someone on the list of solemnizers and ask them if they could help with the witness problem. If you want to get married outside of the Registry of Marriages (ROM)you need to contact one anyway. But as I got married at the ROM and didn't have to do it and don't have any experience with it.

3. Did you legalize the same original certificate at foreign affairs, your home country's embassy, and the Indonesian embassy? Or is it one original legalized for home country (i.e., Germany), and one original legalized for Indonesia? I wasn't sure about this from reading it the way you've written it.
                          We got 1 original marriage certificate that we first legalized at the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then at the German Embassy (the put a stamp on the backside of the original). It also might be a good idea to get some copies legalized at your embassy if you need them.
                          The Indonesian Embassy doesn't stamp it but gives you a letter (in Indonesian language) the states that you got married in Singapore.

4. I didn't see any mention but just to double-check, you didn't need a letter or affidavit of Single Status from the German embassy or for your Indonesian wife from catatan sipil?
                          No and no That's the real reason we got married in SIngapore. We had to swear an oath that we weren't married yet at the day of verification of the documents (which was 3 days before our actual wedding).
                          ALL documents we needed for getting married were: our two passports and the passports of our witnesses!

5. Is the marriage certificate only available in English or can we get it in Indonesian/Malaysian directly from the marriage registry in Singapore?
                          It is in English. You will probably need to get it translated by a sworn translator in Indonesia. However, this shouldn't be a problem. It costs about 50.000rp. We paid 75.000 and got it translated from English to Indonesian within 1 day!
                          This translation is needed to register the marriages at the Catatab Sipl in Indonesia.

I'm thinking about adding a FAQ question to my blog and wanted to ask if I can copy these questions and answers and add them??

Cheers,
                          Annchen
                          Last edited by annchen; 21-04-12, 22:00. Reason: I was in a hurry and wrote Ministry of Marriages instead of Ministry of Foreign Affairs
                          Hidup itu pilihan!

Comment

• greves
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by annchen View Post

I'm thinking about adding a FAQ question to my blog and wanted to ask if I can copy these questions and answers and add them??

Cheers,
                            Annchen

Of course! Thanks for all your research and solid answers.

Comment

• Melody
                              • Mar 2012

I am getting married to and Indonesian Man what are the best areas for us to marry I am catholic and he is muslim....I am not practicing catholic and would be ok with his reglion. Also what paper work will I need to have for Indonesian Government to issue wedding license or the necessary paperwork for this ...

Comment

• Melody
                                • Mar 2012

I am catholic marrying an Indonesian man and will be living in Jakarta...what is the marriage process and where did you marry ...I am very confused on the marriagae process there....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍